Nyack NYC Student Leadership Development Retreat
The Nyack NYC Office of Student Development hosted a daylong retreat on the Rockland County campus for NYC campus student leaders. The staff of the NYC Student Development Office, Associate Dean of Student Life, Rev. Charles Hammond; Assistant to the Associate Dean, Deborah Harris; Student Counseling Center Supervisor, Esther Jhun; Coordinator of Student Activities, Cezanne Perez; and Administrative Assistant to the Office of Student Development, Courteney Thompson were the team responsible for organizing the leadership development event.
Pastor Adam Durso, executive pastor of Christ Tabernacle Church (see www.christtabernacle.org) in Glendale, NY, was the guest speaker (pictured above). His message, “Not in My House” addressed important characteristics of an effective Christian leader. Rev. Durso and Pastor Ralph Castillo, also of Christ Tabernacle, conducted a Q&A session with the students. Other presenters included Dean Hammond and Esther Jhun.
In addition to the Student Government Association (SGA), clubs represented included Bible and Theology, Christian Arts and Media, Evangelism, Social Work Organization, Students Against Hunger and Chapel Worship Team.
- Remembering Lavern Dantzler, Nyack Alumna and Staff Member
- Amanda Halter, A Lady Warrior in Germany
- Celebrating the Life of Rick Santiago
- Jose Heredia (NC '09) at the Rose Nagelberg Theatre in Manhattan
- Carol Ann Freeman and Bonita D'Amil...Hearts for Hungary
- Gabrielle Do Goes Global With Her Spoken Word Artistry
- Nyack College Golf Classic Returns to Historic Saint Andrew's
- CCCU 2016 Diversity Conference at Nyack NYC
- Memorial Service for ATS Alum Mark Xavier Lewis
- Go Fish! or The Adventures of Dr. Peter Park
- ATS Dean Announces New Role: ATS Director, Dr. Louis DeCaro, Jr.
- Nyack's Historic Excavation: Something to Write Home About
- Nyack Counseling Professor and Students to be Published
- Nyack Reps in the Nation's Capital for Second Chance Pell Grant Meetings
- Nyack College Among Top 50 Most Diverse U.S. Campuses
- Willana Mack, Winner of the Tri-State Gospel Music Association Award
- Tunesha Crispell, Nyack NYC School of Music Alumna, Gone Too Soon
- Epoch Times Features Composer and Nyack Music Prof William Vollinger
- Associate Dean Luis Carlo Receives Kudos for Service to ATS
- JULY 10 & 14: Anthony Vaval ('16) Grad Featured on Dennis Dillon Show
- Dr. Barbara Austin-Lucas, First Female Bishop-Designate for Dunamis Covenant Connection
- Days Away from Nyack's Historic Archaeological Dig
- Carlos Cuestas ('09), A Classical Guitar Act
- Rev. Dave Nguyen and the Vietnamese Alliance Church Celebrate an Anniversary
- Honoring the Life of Dr. Thomas P. Bailey, Sr.
- Browse Blog Archive>>