Nyack NYC Student Leadership Development Retreat
The Nyack NYC Office of Student Development hosted a daylong retreat on the Rockland County campus for NYC campus student leaders. The staff of the NYC Student Development Office, Associate Dean of Student Life, Rev. Charles Hammond; Assistant to the Associate Dean, Deborah Harris; Student Counseling Center Supervisor, Esther Jhun; Coordinator of Student Activities, Cezanne Perez; and Administrative Assistant to the Office of Student Development, Courteney Thompson were the team responsible for organizing the leadership development event.
Pastor Adam Durso, executive pastor of Christ Tabernacle Church (see www.christtabernacle.org) in Glendale, NY, was the guest speaker (pictured above). His message, “Not in My House” addressed important characteristics of an effective Christian leader. Rev. Durso and Pastor Ralph Castillo, also of Christ Tabernacle, conducted a Q&A session with the students. Other presenters included Dean Hammond and Esther Jhun.
In addition to the Student Government Association (SGA), clubs represented included Bible and Theology, Christian Arts and Media, Evangelism, Social Work Organization, Students Against Hunger and Chapel Worship Team.
- JANUARY 30: Office of Spiritual Formation Presents Andrew Palau
- RELEASE: Nyack College Degrees to 24 Fishkill Correctional Facility Grads
- Nyack College Represented at NYC Police Commissioner Bill Bratton's Meeting With Clergy
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Teams Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary
- Celebrating the Legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- LoHud Trumpets Nyack's Upcoming Social Justice Celebration
- RELEASE: Nyack's Social Justice Celebration Marks 10th Anniversary
- Nyack Welcomes New Manhattan and Rockland Campus Students With Orientations
- Nyack Baseball Team Collecting Baseball Gloves for Sports Clinic in Mexico
- Global Service-Learning 2015
- Peace and Hope Visit Nyack Rockland
- Hudson Link, TEDxSing Sing and Nyack College in New York Times Feature
- Sophia Institute Conference Features Nyack NYC Faculty
- Mandela Day Celebration at Nyack
- Browse Blog Archive>>