College of Arts and Sciences Convenes Its Faculty/Staff Retreat
Dr. Fernando Arzola, Jr., dean of the College of Arts and Sciences at Nyack College, (above) will host the 2014 Arts and Science retreat for faculty and staff on Friday, August 22 from 8:30 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. on the Rockland County campus in Shuman Hall.
Rev. Br. Randy Greve, director of associates at Holy Cross Monastery, will be the guest speaker. “Benedictine Archetypes of the Christian Life: Child, Workers, Warrior, Athlete, Student” is the theme of the daylong pre-academic year gathering.
In “The Prologue” of The Rule of St. Benedict, Benedict provides rich imagery in what it means to be a Christian called to monastic life. Using "The Prologue," faculty will reflect on what it means to be in relationship with God as a child, worker, warrior, athlete, and student. The biblical inspiration of these metaphors and their meaning and expression in our lives will be explored.
- Nyack Alumnus Charles Galbreath, a 2015 C&MA Council Speaker
- Tappan Zee Bridge Evening Travel Advisory May 18-22
- 2015 Hudson River Pianofest at Nyack College Rockland
- Nyack ATS Commencement 2015
- Bench Dedication Procession to Memorial Park Led by Nyack College Music Students
- A Rite of Passage to Womanhood for 25 Nyack Seniors
- ACL Student Research Award Winner
- New Beta Psi Chapter of Chi Alpha Epsilon Honor Society Members Inducted
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary 2015 Commencement
- Gone Fishing...
- A Day of Master Classes and Music Clinics for High School Music Students from Michigan
- Twenty-five Nyack College Contributors to SEA-PHAGES Research
- Men's Golf Team Headed to 2015 NCAA Championship Competition
- Two Operas! Two Days! Prof. Shelley Jameson, Director
- LAST WEEKEND for Spring Production of The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon
- Browse Blog Archive>>