College of Arts and Sciences Convenes Its Faculty/Staff Retreat
Dr. Fernando Arzola, Jr., dean of the College of Arts and Sciences at Nyack College, (above) will host the 2014 Arts and Science retreat for faculty and staff on Friday, August 22 from 8:30 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. on the Rockland County campus in Shuman Hall.
Rev. Br. Randy Greve, director of associates at Holy Cross Monastery, will be the guest speaker. “Benedictine Archetypes of the Christian Life: Child, Workers, Warrior, Athlete, Student” is the theme of the daylong pre-academic year gathering.
In “The Prologue” of The Rule of St. Benedict, Benedict provides rich imagery in what it means to be a Christian called to monastic life. Using "The Prologue," faculty will reflect on what it means to be in relationship with God as a child, worker, warrior, athlete, and student. The biblical inspiration of these metaphors and their meaning and expression in our lives will be explored.
- Nyack Baseball Team Collecting Baseball Gloves for Sports Clinic in Mexico
- Global Service-Learning 2015
- Peace and Hope Visit Nyack Rockland
- Hudson Link, TEDxSing Sing and Nyack College in New York Times Feature
- Sophia Institute Conference Features Nyack NYC Faculty
- Mandela Day Celebration at Nyack
- Storm Glautier Named CACC Rep to the National Student-Athlete Advisory Committee
- Memorial Concerts Honoring Professor Emeritus Ralph Ellenberger (1934-2014)
- Leadership Rockland Multicultural Communities Day Kicks Off at Nyack College
- Chamberfest at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- Nyack Rockland Colloquium Series Features Dr. K. Kale Yu
- NYACK NYC: Forgive Us...Confessions of a Compromised Faith--Book and Panel Discussion
- Fall 2014 Nyack's Scholars Symposium
- Nyack Students Up For The Challenge
- The Jubilee Chorus Performs at The Bowery Mission
- Browse Blog Archive>>