College of Arts and Sciences Convenes Its Faculty/Staff Retreat
Dr. Fernando Arzola, Jr., dean of the College of Arts and Sciences at Nyack College, (above) will host the 2014 Arts and Science retreat for faculty and staff on Friday, August 22 from 8:30 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. on the Rockland County campus in Shuman Hall.
Rev. Br. Randy Greve, director of associates at Holy Cross Monastery, will be the guest speaker. “Benedictine Archetypes of the Christian Life: Child, Workers, Warrior, Athlete, Student” is the theme of the daylong pre-academic year gathering.
In “The Prologue” of The Rule of St. Benedict, Benedict provides rich imagery in what it means to be a Christian called to monastic life. Using "The Prologue," faculty will reflect on what it means to be in relationship with God as a child, worker, warrior, athlete, and student. The biblical inspiration of these metaphors and their meaning and expression in our lives will be explored.
- Thursday, October 23--Velocity! Debuts at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- Unearthing Magdala--Nyack College Conference for Interfaith Scholars
- RELEASE: Official Nyack Statement on Ebola
- October 17: Nyack's School of Social Work and Community Connections for Youth Release Report
- Steinway Piano Dedication With Steinway & Sons President Ron Losby and CD-60 Biographer James Barron
- Miovski and Mansfield Families Music Hall Dedicated at Nyack NYC Campus
- Official Nyack College Statement Regarding Unknown Man on Campus September 23
- Anti-Human Trafficking Art Exhibit with Susan Clinthorne and Sally Thielen at Nyack Rockland
- "A Greener NYC" to Showcase a Nyack School of Music Performance at City Hall
- Nyack College Joins the Luis Palau Association CityServe Event in Manhattan
- C&MA Church Planter Among Those Murdered in Guinea
- Alrick Brown's Award-winning Kinyarwanda Screening & Panel at Nyack NYC
- Dean Ron Walborn Interviewed on Unseminary.com
- Report on AJCO-CSGE Panel: Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- 9/11 Thirteen Years Later
- Browse Blog Archive>>