College of Arts and Sciences Convenes Its Faculty/Staff Retreat
Dr. Fernando Arzola, Jr., dean of the College of Arts and Sciences at Nyack College, (above) will host the 2014 Arts and Science retreat for faculty and staff on Friday, August 22 from 8:30 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. on the Rockland County campus in Shuman Hall.
Rev. Br. Randy Greve, director of associates at Holy Cross Monastery, will be the guest speaker. “Benedictine Archetypes of the Christian Life: Child, Workers, Warrior, Athlete, Student” is the theme of the daylong pre-academic year gathering.
In “The Prologue” of The Rule of St. Benedict, Benedict provides rich imagery in what it means to be a Christian called to monastic life. Using "The Prologue," faculty will reflect on what it means to be in relationship with God as a child, worker, warrior, athlete, and student. The biblical inspiration of these metaphors and their meaning and expression in our lives will be explored.
- JANUARY 30: Office of Spiritual Formation Presents Andrew Palau
- RELEASE: Nyack College Degrees to 24 Fishkill Correctional Facility Grads
- Nyack College Represented at NYC Police Commissioner Bill Bratton's Meeting With Clergy
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Teams Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary
- Celebrating the Legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- LoHud Trumpets Nyack's Upcoming Social Justice Celebration
- RELEASE: Nyack's Social Justice Celebration Marks 10th Anniversary
- Nyack Welcomes New Manhattan and Rockland Campus Students With Orientations
- Nyack Baseball Team Collecting Baseball Gloves for Sports Clinic in Mexico
- Global Service-Learning 2015
- Peace and Hope Visit Nyack Rockland
- Hudson Link, TEDxSing Sing and Nyack College in New York Times Feature
- Sophia Institute Conference Features Nyack NYC Faculty
- Mandela Day Celebration at Nyack
- Browse Blog Archive>>