Bloomberg Radio Hosts MBA Program Reception
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Wednesday October 18, 2006
Dr. George Stratis (c) and Dr. John Laski (r)
Eighty Nyack College MBA students, MBA alumni, and upper level Business students along with faculty attended a reception at the impressive Bloomberg Building in New York City this month. Dr. John Laski, MBA Program Director, welcomed the group. Lorin Agerstrand from Bloomberg Radio presented information about job opportunities.
Bloomberg 1130 (WBBR-AM) is a 24-hour digital all-news radio station that can be heard throughout the New York, New Jersey and Connecticut area. The station broadcasts world, national and local news with a focus on business and financial markets. Dr. George Stratis, Dean of the School of Business, introduced the guest speaker, Mr. Tom Keene, host of “Bloomberg on the Economy” who addressed issues on globalization.
The evening provided the students invaluable industry exposure with Bloomberg recruiters on hand. Further the event gave this sector of the business industry an opportunity to meet young men and women who are being trained to impact the marketplace with a values-based, quality education.
Dr. Laski said, “It was a wonderful evening--top shelf, great speaker, an all-around great event!
- August 31: Last Day for Early Bird Rates for CCCU 2016 Diversity Conference at Nyack NYC
- Register by September 5 for Nyack's Leadership Speaker Series
- Alumni Jazz Musicians RSVP ASAP For This Homecoming Gig
- Chelsea Geyer (NC '12) Golf Tournament Luncheon Speaker
- Remembering Lavern Dantzler, Nyack Alumna and Staff Member
- Amanda Halter, A Lady Warrior in Germany
- Celebrating the Life of Rick Santiago
- Jose Heredia (NC '09) at the Rose Nagelberg Theatre in Manhattan
- Carol Ann Freeman and Bonita D'Amil...Hearts for Hungary
- Gabrielle Do Goes Global With Her Spoken Word Artistry
- Nyack College Golf Classic Returns to Historic Saint Andrew's
- Memorial Service for ATS Alum Mark Xavier Lewis
- Go Fish! or The Adventures of Dr. Peter Park
- ATS Dean Announces New Role: ATS Director, Dr. Louis DeCaro, Jr.
- Nyack's Historic Excavation: Something to Write Home About
- Nyack Counseling Professor and Students to be Published
- Nyack Reps in the Nation's Capital for Second Chance Pell Grant Meetings
- Nyack College Among Top 50 Most Diverse U.S. Campuses
- Willana Mack, Winner of the Tri-State Gospel Music Association Award
- Epoch Times Features Composer and Nyack Music Prof William Vollinger
- Associate Dean Luis Carlo Receives Kudos for Service to ATS
- JULY 10 & 14: Anthony Vaval ('16) Grad Featured on Dennis Dillon Show
- Dr. Barbara Austin-Lucas, First Female Bishop-Designate for Dunamis Covenant Connection
- Days Away from Nyack's Historic Archaeological Dig
- Carlos Cuestas ('09), A Classical Guitar Act
- Browse Blog Archive>>