Bloomberg Radio Hosts MBA Program Reception
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Wednesday October 18, 2006
Dr. George Stratis (c) and Dr. John Laski (r)
Eighty Nyack College MBA students, MBA alumni, and upper level Business students along with faculty attended a reception at the impressive Bloomberg Building in New York City this month. Dr. John Laski, MBA Program Director, welcomed the group. Lorin Agerstrand from Bloomberg Radio presented information about job opportunities.
Bloomberg 1130 (WBBR-AM) is a 24-hour digital all-news radio station that can be heard throughout the New York, New Jersey and Connecticut area. The station broadcasts world, national and local news with a focus on business and financial markets. Dr. George Stratis, Dean of the School of Business, introduced the guest speaker, Mr. Tom Keene, host of “Bloomberg on the Economy” who addressed issues on globalization.
The evening provided the students invaluable industry exposure with Bloomberg recruiters on hand. Further the event gave this sector of the business industry an opportunity to meet young men and women who are being trained to impact the marketplace with a values-based, quality education.
Dr. Laski said, “It was a wonderful evening--top shelf, great speaker, an all-around great event!
- OCTOBER 30: CSGE Colloquium Series on Environmental Sustainability
- October 31: Next Audition for Spring 2015 Production of "The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon"
- NY Times Hails Rear Admiral R. Timothy Ziemer (NC '65) as "The Malaria Fighter"
- RELEASE: Official Statement on Ebola Update - Week October 27
- Saturday, October 25--U of Pittsburgh Welcomes ATS Dean Ron Walborn for Bridge Forum: A Livestreamed Event!
- OCT 25: Dr. R. Steven Notley Featured Lecturer at Lanier Theological Library in Houston, TX
- NOV. 6 Forgive Us: Confessions of a Compromised Faith--Book and Panel Discussion
- NOV. 5-6: Dr. Kevin Danaher is Fall 2014 Nyack 's Scholars Symposium Plenary Speaker
- Velocity! Debuts at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- Unearthing Magdala--Nyack College Conference for Interfaith Scholars
- RELEASE: Official Nyack Statement on Ebola
- October 17: Nyack's School of Social Work and Community Connections for Youth Release Report
- Steinway Piano Dedication With Steinway & Sons President Ron Losby and CD-60 Biographer James Barron
- Miovski and Mansfield Families Music Hall Dedicated at Nyack NYC Campus
- Official Nyack College Statement Regarding Unknown Man on Campus September 23
- Browse Blog Archive>>