Bloomberg Radio Hosts MBA Program Reception
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Wednesday October 18, 2006
Dr. George Stratis (c) and Dr. John Laski (r)
Eighty Nyack College MBA students, MBA alumni, and upper level Business students along with faculty attended a reception at the impressive Bloomberg Building in New York City this month. Dr. John Laski, MBA Program Director, welcomed the group. Lorin Agerstrand from Bloomberg Radio presented information about job opportunities.
Bloomberg 1130 (WBBR-AM) is a 24-hour digital all-news radio station that can be heard throughout the New York, New Jersey and Connecticut area. The station broadcasts world, national and local news with a focus on business and financial markets. Dr. George Stratis, Dean of the School of Business, introduced the guest speaker, Mr. Tom Keene, host of “Bloomberg on the Economy” who addressed issues on globalization.
The evening provided the students invaluable industry exposure with Bloomberg recruiters on hand. Further the event gave this sector of the business industry an opportunity to meet young men and women who are being trained to impact the marketplace with a values-based, quality education.
Dr. Laski said, “It was a wonderful evening--top shelf, great speaker, an all-around great event!
- Sept. 10: Jewish and Christian Perspectives on Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- Nyack School of Music Students to Perform at City Hall in Manhattan
- A Call to Prayer September 1-7 by C&MA President John Stumbo
- True Confessions or A Half Century-Old Mystery to be Unveiled at Homecoming 2014!
- On the Passing of Mrs. Dianna Sanders
- Nyack NYC Student Leadership Development Retreat
- 2014 Global Engagement Lecture Features Director of REALIS Christian Center in Kiev, Ukraine
- College of Arts and Sciences Convenes Its Faculty/Staff Retreat
- Nyack History Professor Receives Columbia U Libraries Research Award
- Coming Soon: Nyack NYC and Rockland Student Orientations
- A Sunday Best: Nyack's Own Brightnie Jones
- Important Info for Returning Nyack NYC and Rockland Students
- The Independent Sector Highlights Nyack's STEM Education Participation
- Dr. Leonard Kageler Receives YCL "World Changers Award"
- RELEASE: Nyack's Fourth Year on the CHE "Great College to Work For" List
- Browse Blog Archive>>