Nyack College Remembers the Late John Lawrence Seigenthaler
The life of John Lawrence Seigenthaler, former CEO and chairman emeritus of The Tennessean, a Nashville morning newspaper, was celebrated at a public funeral service this morning at the Cathedral of the Incarnation in Nashville. On Friday, July 11, at the age of 86, Mr. Seigenthaler passed away peacefully at home surrounded by his family.
In 2012, Nyack College President Michael Scales welcomed Mr. Seigenthaler to Rockland County as the keynote speaker for the college's annual Social Justice Day Luncheon (Click here.) Pictured above are (l-r), Dr. Scales, Mr. Seigenthaler, and his son, John Michael Seigenthaler, Al Jazeera America television anchor.
The Nyack College campus community remembers Mr. Seigenthaler’s tremendous contributions to the field of journalism, to the civil rights movement, and to the protection of the First Amendment.
Our prayers and condolences are with the Seigenthaler family.
- Memorial Concerts Honoring Professor Emeritus Ralph Ellenberger (1934-2014)
- Leadership Rockland Multicultural Communities Day Kicks Off at Nyack College
- Chamberfest at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- NOV 19: Nyack Rockland Colloquium Series Features Dr. K. Kale Yu
- Fall Concerts at Nyack College
- NYACK NYC: Forgive Us...Confessions of a Compromised Faith--Book and Panel Discussion
- Fall 2014 Nyack's Scholars Symposium
- Nyack Students Up For The Challenge
- The Jubilee Chorus Performs at The Bowery Mission
- Auditions for Spring 2015 Production of "The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon"
- OCTOBER 30: CSGE Colloquium Series on Environmental Sustainability
- NY Times Hails Rear Admiral R. Timothy Ziemer (NC '65) as "The Malaria Fighter"
- RELEASE: Official Statement on Ebola Update - Week October 27
- Saturday, October 25--U of Pittsburgh Welcomes ATS Dean Ron Walborn for Bridge Forum: A Livestreamed Event!
- OCT 25: Dr. R. Steven Notley Featured Lecturer at Lanier Theological Library in Houston, TX
- Browse Blog Archive>>