Nyack College Remembers the Late John Lawrence Seigenthaler
The life of John Lawrence Seigenthaler, former CEO and chairman emeritus of The Tennessean, a Nashville morning newspaper, was celebrated at a public funeral service this morning at the Cathedral of the Incarnation in Nashville. On Friday, July 11, at the age of 86, Mr. Seigenthaler passed away peacefully at home surrounded by his family.
In 2012, Nyack College President Michael Scales welcomed Mr. Seigenthaler to Rockland County as the keynote speaker for the college's annual Social Justice Day Luncheon (Click here.) Pictured above are (l-r), Dr. Scales, Mr. Seigenthaler, and his son, John Michael Seigenthaler, Al Jazeera America television anchor.
The Nyack College campus community remembers Mr. Seigenthaler’s tremendous contributions to the field of journalism, to the civil rights movement, and to the protection of the First Amendment.
Our prayers and condolences are with the Seigenthaler family.
- May 9: Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary 2015 Commencement
- Gone Fishing...
- Nyack Manhattan Welcomes High School Music Students from Michigan
- Help Rockonomix Team Nyack Win. Vote Today!
- Twenty-five Nyack College Contributors to SEA-PHAGES Research
- Men's Golf Team Headed to 2015 NCAA Championship Competition
- Two Operas! Two Days! Prof. Shelley Jameson, Director
- LAST WEEKEND for Spring Production of The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon
- English Chairman Announces Publication of Fine Print
- Career Talk on Banking at Nyack College Rockland
- School of Music in Concert at Avery Fisher Hall, Lincoln Center
- 2016 Global Service-Learning Trips For Nyack Students
- Nyack College Rockland Chorale Spring Concert
- Nyack College Student Research Conference Winners
- Service With a Smile #NyackCityServe
- Browse Blog Archive>>