Nyack College Remembers the Late John Lawrence Seigenthaler
The life of John Lawrence Seigenthaler, former CEO and chairman emeritus of The Tennessean, a Nashville morning newspaper, was celebrated at a public funeral service this morning at the Cathedral of the Incarnation in Nashville. On Friday, July 11, at the age of 86, Mr. Seigenthaler passed away peacefully at home surrounded by his family.
In 2012, Nyack College President Michael Scales welcomed Mr. Seigenthaler to Rockland County as the keynote speaker for the college's annual Social Justice Day Luncheon (Click here.) Pictured above are (l-r), Dr. Scales, Mr. Seigenthaler, and his son, John Michael Seigenthaler, Al Jazeera America television anchor.
The Nyack College campus community remembers Mr. Seigenthaler’s tremendous contributions to the field of journalism, to the civil rights movement, and to the protection of the First Amendment.
Our prayers and condolences are with the Seigenthaler family.
- Nyack Baseball Team Collecting Baseball Gloves for Sports Clinic in Mexico
- Global Service-Learning 2015
- Peace and Hope Visit Nyack Rockland
- Hudson Link, TEDxSing Sing and Nyack College in New York Times Feature
- Sophia Institute Conference Features Nyack NYC Faculty
- Mandela Day Celebration at Nyack
- Storm Glautier Named CACC Rep to the National Student-Athlete Advisory Committee
- Memorial Concerts Honoring Professor Emeritus Ralph Ellenberger (1934-2014)
- Leadership Rockland Multicultural Communities Day Kicks Off at Nyack College
- Chamberfest at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- Nyack Rockland Colloquium Series Features Dr. K. Kale Yu
- NYACK NYC: Forgive Us...Confessions of a Compromised Faith--Book and Panel Discussion
- Fall 2014 Nyack's Scholars Symposium
- Nyack Students Up For The Challenge
- The Jubilee Chorus Performs at The Bowery Mission
- Browse Blog Archive>>