Nyack College Venue for County Legislature's Forum
Nyack College Rockland's Shuman Hall was the venue for a gathering hosted by Alden H. Wolfe, Rockland County Legislature chairman. Mr. Wolfe (pictured above at podium) conducted a forum, “Destination Rockland: Blazing New Trails in Tourism” on community preparation for the expected increase in tourism that will result from the new Tappan Zee Bridge and pedestrian walkway.
“It’s appropriate to have a discussion on tourism at a college,” said Wolfe, “because campuses are in many ways the gateway for newcomers to come and connect to our community. We really appreciate Nyack College’s hospitality and the part they played in today’s program. ”
Elected officials who attended the meeting in President's Hall, a popular campus site overlooking the Hudson River and the Tappan Zee Bridge, included Congresswoman Nita Lowey, Legislators Harriet Cornell and Nancy Low-Hogan, as well as representatives from the offices of Governor Andrew Cuomo and Senator Kirsten Gillibrand. They were joined by local business owners, leaders of non-profit organizations, and members of the Chamber of Commerce.
Click here to read the Journal News coverage of the meeting.
- MARCH 25: Dr. Guy Waters - Plenary Speaker for Evangelical Theological Society Conference
- Nyack's Spring Production: The Importance of Being Earnest
- Bach's 332nd Birthday Bash
- Nyack College Opera Workshop Presents Verdi's "La Traviata"
- The Gates Way to Medieval Times
- March 18: Hudson River Pianofest 2017 at Nyack College
- President Michael G. Scales to Begin New Term on CICU Board
- Udo Middelmann Returns to Nyack College for Colloquium on Civic Engagement
- Nyack School of Music Students on Harry Connick Jr. Show
- What Is Love? Nyack Rockland Artists Answer the Question
- American Red Cross Blood Drive at Nyack College
- Founder/CEO Evelyn Bautista-Miller Is CSGE Colloquium Speaker
- ATS Missions Retreat at Mount Crescent House
- Nyack College and Local Entrepreneurs to Compete for Over $22,000 in Prizes
- Academic Year 2017-2018 Applications Being Accepted for Student Leaders
- Nyack Rockland Associate Dean Wanda Velez, a Hope Gathering Speaker
- MARCH 2: An Authors' Talk Hosted by Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Program
- Fifth Anniversary Celebration & Silent Auction to Benefit Empower Program
- Student Spotlight: Jill Kim, AGSC Marriage and Family Therapy Major
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, C&MA Metro District Women's Retreat Speaker
- WNYK Pays Tribute to Black History Month
- Feb 18: School of Music's Noel Wippler, a Featured Artist in Mid-Atlantic Jazz Festival
- FEB 18: Purpose Performs at Katonah Village Library
- Nyack Students Participate in NY Student Aid Alliance Event
- Browse Blog Archive>>