Nyack College Venue for County Legislature's Forum
Nyack College Rockland's Shuman Hall was the venue for a gathering hosted by Alden H. Wolfe, Rockland County Legislature chairman. Mr. Wolfe (pictured above at podium) conducted a forum, “Destination Rockland: Blazing New Trails in Tourism” on community preparation for the expected increase in tourism that will result from the new Tappan Zee Bridge and pedestrian walkway.
“It’s appropriate to have a discussion on tourism at a college,” said Wolfe, “because campuses are in many ways the gateway for newcomers to come and connect to our community. We really appreciate Nyack College’s hospitality and the part they played in today’s program. ”
Elected officials who attended the meeting in President's Hall, a popular campus site overlooking the Hudson River and the Tappan Zee Bridge, included Congresswoman Nita Lowey, Legislators Harriet Cornell and Nancy Low-Hogan, as well as representatives from the offices of Governor Andrew Cuomo and Senator Kirsten Gillibrand. They were joined by local business owners, leaders of non-profit organizations, and members of the Chamber of Commerce.
Click here to read the Journal News coverage of the meeting.
- ATS Alumni Among 2017 Pastors' Prayer Summit Leaders
- Udo Middelmann: Civic Engagement Speaker at Nyack Rockland and Nyack New York City
- Nyack College Scholarships for Winners of Feb 4 MLK Oratory Contest
- Dr. Jacqueline Washington Contributes to Research Article in Nature Microbiology
- Celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Community Remembers NYC Music Student Curtis Crum III
- 13 of Nyack's Fall Athletes Recognized for Their Academic Excellence
- Nyack's School of Music Headlines Concert at David Geffen Hall, Lincoln Center
- Global Service-Learning Director Updates on Nyack/ATS Teams in Israel
- Global Service-Learning Trip in Cuba with Drs. Ron and Wanda Walborn
- Winterim: ATS in Israel with Dr. Bryan Widbin
- Globetrotting--the Nyack Way
- Soo-il Lee Recognized by Korean American Behavioral Health Association
- In Memoriam [Ring out, wild bells] by Lord Alfred Tennyson
- What You Can Discover at Nyack
- Steve Gardner (NC '87; ATS '94) Making Snowflakes
- Marcus Jugenheimer: A Major in God's Army
- The Gift of Mentoring at Nyack for Sneha Chrispal
- The Nyack Story: More Than Numbers by Provost David Turk
- Dr. Gerard Becker Co-authors Award Winning Paper
- Staff Highlight: Mr. Dan Bailey, Director of Admissions, Rockland Campus
- A Love Gift at Home for the Holidays
- West Side Story Off-Broadway...A Successful Eight-Show Run
- Nyack Rockland School of Music Winter Concert
- West Side Story Wows Audiences
- Browse Blog Archive>>