Nyack College Venue for County Legislature's Forum
Nyack College Rockland's Shuman Hall was the venue for a gathering hosted by Alden H. Wolfe, Rockland County Legislature chairman. Mr. Wolfe (pictured above at podium) conducted a forum, “Destination Rockland: Blazing New Trails in Tourism” on community preparation for the expected increase in tourism that will result from the new Tappan Zee Bridge and pedestrian walkway.
“It’s appropriate to have a discussion on tourism at a college,” said Wolfe, “because campuses are in many ways the gateway for newcomers to come and connect to our community. We really appreciate Nyack College’s hospitality and the part they played in today’s program. ”
Elected officials who attended the meeting in President's Hall, a popular campus site overlooking the Hudson River and the Tappan Zee Bridge, included Congresswoman Nita Lowey, Legislators Harriet Cornell and Nancy Low-Hogan, as well as representatives from the offices of Governor Andrew Cuomo and Senator Kirsten Gillibrand. They were joined by local business owners, leaders of non-profit organizations, and members of the Chamber of Commerce.
Click here to read the Journal News coverage of the meeting.
- C&MA Church Planter Among Those Murdered in Guinea
- Get Nyack Warrior Gear Online Until September 30
- Alrick Brown's Award-winning Kinyarwanda Screening & Panel at Nyack NYC
- Dean Ron Walborn Interviewed on Unseminary.com
- RELEASE: October 20 Unearthing Magdala, An Ancient Judaism & Christian Origins Conference
- Report on AJCO-CSGE Panel: Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- 9/11 Thirteen Years Later
- Jewish and Christian Perspectives on Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- HEOP Continues at Nyack Rockland and Launches at Nyack NYC
- India Trip for Nyack School of Nursing Combines Study With Outreach
- "A Greener NYC" to Showcase a Nyack School of Music Performance at City Hall
- A Call to Prayer September 1-7 by C&MA President John Stumbo
- True Confessions or A Half Century-Old Mystery to be Unveiled at Homecoming 2014!
- On the Passing of Mrs. Dianna Sanders
- Nyack NYC Student Leadership Development Retreat
- Browse Blog Archive>>