Alliance World Fellowship Committee Meets at Nyack/ATS Rockland
Nyack College/ATS recently hosted the biennial meeting of the Alliance World Fellowship’s (AWF) International Committee on Theological Education (ICTE) on Nyack’s Rockland County, NY campus. Pictured above at the gravesite of Dr. A.B. Simpson, founder of The Christian & Missionary Alliance and Missionary Training Institute (Nyack College) are (l-r) Rev. Dr. Charbel Malak, academic dean of Christian Alliance Institute of Theology, Lebanon, pastor of Haret El Ballaneh Alliance Church; Rev. Dr. Walter Perez, director of Instituto Biblico Buenos Aires, Argentina, senior pastor of the Alliance Church in Vicente Lopez, Buenos Aires, Argentina; Dr. Levi P. Quir, national executive minister, Division of General and Theological Education, Christian and Missionary Alliance, the Philippines; Dr. Ronald Walborn, dean of Alliance Theological Seminary and the College of Bible and Christian Ministry, Nyack College; Dr. Miguel Palomino, chair of the AWF-ICTE, president of Facultad Teologica de Latin Americana; Dr. Arie Verduijn, president of Alliance World Fellowship, Dr. Bernie A. Van De Walle, Ph.D., professor of Historical and Systematic Theology, Theology Area Convenor, Ambrose University College; and Dr. Tona Khonde, general director (president) of the Complex of Theological Training of Bethel, Gabon.
The Alliance World Fellowship is organized in five regions: Africa, Asia-Pacific, Europe/Middle-East, North-America, and Latin America. The International Committee on Theological Education focuses on issues related to theological education, theology, and critical challenges facing ministers and churches and advises the AWF on key theological matters.
Biennial meetings are held in the various locations where ICTE members serve. The last one was in Abidjan; the next will be in Manila. During their visit to New York, they visited a number of historical sites affiliated with the C&MA. They also worshipped at Clarendon Road Church in Brooklyn, pastored by Nyack College (2006) and Alliance Theological Seminary (2009) alumnus, Rev. Charles Galbreath.
- Nyack College Partners With the Luis Palau Evangelistic Association
- Vote for Nyack's Joel Pompa, Young Christian Leaders Scholarship Nominee
- Friday, Jan. 30: Andrew Palau at Nyack College Rockland
- February 9: Andrew White in Concert at Nyack College Rockland
- Photographer Babita Patel Captures the Spirit of Nyack's Hudson Link Graduation
- C&MA Metro District Grant Supports Training for Emerging Leaders at Nyack/ATS
- RELEASE: Nyack College Degrees to 24 Fishkill Correctional Facility Grads
- Nyack College Represented at NYC Police Commissioner Bill Bratton's Meeting With Clergy
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Teams Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary
- Celebrating the Legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- LoHud Trumpets Nyack's Upcoming Social Justice Celebration
- RELEASE: Nyack's Social Justice Celebration Marks 10th Anniversary
- Nyack Welcomes New Manhattan and Rockland Campus Students With Orientations
- Nyack Baseball Team Collecting Baseball Gloves for Sports Clinic in Mexico
- Browse Blog Archive>>