Alliance World Fellowship Committee Meets at Nyack/ATS Rockland
Nyack College/ATS recently hosted the biennial meeting of the Alliance World Fellowship’s (AWF) International Committee on Theological Education (ICTE) on Nyack’s Rockland County, NY campus. Pictured above at the gravesite of Dr. A.B. Simpson, founder of The Christian & Missionary Alliance and Missionary Training Institute (Nyack College) are (l-r) Rev. Dr. Charbel Malak, academic dean of Christian Alliance Institute of Theology, Lebanon, pastor of Haret El Ballaneh Alliance Church; Rev. Dr. Walter Perez, director of Instituto Biblico Buenos Aires, Argentina, senior pastor of the Alliance Church in Vicente Lopez, Buenos Aires, Argentina; Dr. Levi P. Quir, national executive minister, Division of General and Theological Education, Christian and Missionary Alliance, the Philippines; Dr. Ronald Walborn, dean of Alliance Theological Seminary and the College of Bible and Christian Ministry, Nyack College; Dr. Miguel Palomino, chair of the AWF-ICTE, president of Facultad Teologica de Latin Americana; Dr. Arie Verduijn, president of Alliance World Fellowship, Dr. Bernie A. Van De Walle, Ph.D., professor of Historical and Systematic Theology, Theology Area Convenor, Ambrose University College; and Dr. Tona Khonde, general director (president) of the Complex of Theological Training of Bethel, Gabon.
The Alliance World Fellowship is organized in five regions: Africa, Asia-Pacific, Europe/Middle-East, North-America, and Latin America. The International Committee on Theological Education focuses on issues related to theological education, theology, and critical challenges facing ministers and churches and advises the AWF on key theological matters.
Biennial meetings are held in the various locations where ICTE members serve. The last one was in Abidjan; the next will be in Manila. During their visit to New York, they visited a number of historical sites affiliated with the C&MA. They also worshipped at Clarendon Road Church in Brooklyn, pastored by Nyack College (2006) and Alliance Theological Seminary (2009) alumnus, Rev. Charles Galbreath.
- Nyack College Represented in Journal News STEM Education Feature
- Brightnie Jones ('09) Moves on as a Top All-Star Vocalist on BET's Sunday Best
- RELEASE: iSucceed at Nyack College
- TBN Segment With Nyack Students Airs on Homelessness in NYC
- Brightnie Jones Back in BET's "Sunday Best" Vocal Competition
- RELEASE: Chronicle of Higher Ed Names Nyack a "2015 Great College to Work For"
- Women Warrior Teams Honored for Sportsmanship...the Ninth Straight Year
- Fall 2015 Launch for School of Social Work's New MSW Program at Nyack
- Nursing School Students Volunteer at Walter Hoving Home
- Lauren Lebo, NCAA Division II Lacrosse Champ
- Nyack Manhattan Campus Students on Trinity Broadcasting Network
- Nyack's School of Nursing Dean, Dr. Elizabeth Simon Named a Fulbright Scholar
- Is Nyack For You? Are You for Nyack?
- Miriam Airoldi: Helping Others Find Dignity and Worth
- New Online! Master of Arts in Biblical Studies at ATS
- Into All the World!
- Social Work Degree Guide Names Nyack College to Its Top 25
- Nyack Clergy Association Hosts a Memorial Service for Charleston Nine
- Nyack's Moseley Field Turns Heliport for New York's Governor
- Nyack Softball Players Make CACC All-Academic Team
- Nyack College Students in National Masterworks Festival Chorus at Carnegie Hall
- New Major at Nyack: BA in Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Charles Galbreath, a 2015 C&MA Council Speaker
- Rock-o-Nomix Team: You Voted! They Won!
- New York City Fish Count
- Browse Blog Archive>>