Is Nyack Affordable?
Is Nyack affordable? Can a student affected significantly by the economic crunch attend Nyack and get a diploma despite financial hardships?
At Nyack College, we serve a population of students in which close to 50% receive the Federal Pell Grant meaning that their average family income is under $50,000. This is almost double the average of other private Christian schools. Thus, many of our students that graduated this past May managed to do so in the midst of significant personal economic challenges. In addition, many of our graduates were the first ones to graduate college in their family. One of the big reasons this is possible is because Nyack is committed to providing institutional grants and scholarships. In particular, we are proud to offer the Presidential Grant that helps students with financial hardship. This program awards up to $4,000. Last year, over $13 million institutional dollars were given out at our Rockland and New York City campuses to over 92% of our current students.
One example is 2012 Nyack graduate Joe O. Joe decided to go to college after working for a number of years. Attending Nyack did not always seem possible and graduation seemed more of a fantasy. In spite of this, Joe trusted in the God of the impossible and came to Nyack. He left his home in Pittsburgh, his job, and his church to come to our Christian college. Paying for Nyack each semester was rarely clear, but he communicated well and worked hard. Joe had several jobs on campus, served as a Resident Assistant (RA) in the dorms (RAs can receive $3,000-$4,000), and was highly involved on campus. He was eligible for over $8,000 per year in grants from Nyack and received over $5,000 per year in grants from the Federal government. Additionally, his church back home helped him with scholarships each school year. Joe graduated in May 2012 with his Bachelor's in Science in Pastoral Ministry and went back to Pittsburgh to work full-time at his church, Allegheny Center Alliance Church.
I strongly believe that where God calls He provides. Any student or family that believes going to a Christian college with the unique experiences that Nyack has to offer is something that God is calling them to pursue should seek God in prayer, believe Him for provision, and explore every possibility. We have a team of financial counselors at both of our campuses ready and willing to walk students and families through this faith journey of financing a Nyack College education. Our motto is, “Helping you make Nyack a reality!”
Steve Phillips is the Director of Student Financial Services as well as a local church pastor. He is a 2004 alumnus and has 10 years of experience working in the financial aid field.
- Christmas Gift Gallery Benefits Global Service-Learning Mexico Trip
- Full of Grace and Truth: A Celebration of Christmas Features Nyack NYC Chorale
- American Cancer Society Rates Nyack a Top-Ranking NY Institution With Tobacco-Free Policies
- Grace Prescriptions: Seminars for Healthcare Professionals at Nyack NYC
- December School of Music Concerts in Manhattan and in Rockland
- Nyack College Welcomes 2016 Leadership Rockland Cohort for Multi-cultural Communities Day
- Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Conference Proceedings Published
- School of Education Authors Release Books on Self-Regulation
- Chelsea Geyer ('12) Director of DC127, a Colloquium Guest Speaker
- ATS Alum and Author, Dimas Salaberrios, in Paris
- New Partnership With An Old Friend: Pastor Lesly Milord
- Nyack's Brittany Cruz Heads to Practice With Women's Olympic Pre-National Team
- Reading the New Testament as Second Temple Jewish Literature
- Author Deb Hirsch of Missio Alliance at Nyack/ATS
- Nyack Salutes Our Nation's Veterans
- 7th Scholars Symposium: In Search of the Meaning of Work
- A Nyack College First: Student Cyber Security Team
- A Showcase of Academic Excellence: Nyack's Scholars Symposium
- Fulbright Ambassador Brian Polkinghorn Visits Nyack College
- National Nursing Exam Scores on a Strong and Steady Rise
- Alumni of the Year Award Honorees Across the Decades
- Nyack on U.S. News & World Report 2016 Best Colleges Diversity List
- AWF President Visits Nyack/ATS Rockland
- MA in Mental Health Counseling Online Approved by NYS Education Department
- Peter Irvine, 2015 School of Business and Leadership Keynote Speaker
- Browse Blog Archive>>