Nyack's Dr. Steve Notley on Archaeological Survey in Israel
Dr. R. Steven Notley, (pictured above, second from left) Nyack’s director of Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins, was in Israel as a part of an archaeological survey of the possible site of first century Bethsaida. (Read the attached release from Khirbet el-Araj Press.)
Dr. Notley said, “I have been in the thick of this argument for over ten years and it was good to be on site. I fully expect that the results of the survey will lead to a full-blown archaeological excavation.” His hope is to have Nyack students involved.
When the story broke about the exchange between Pope Francis and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on the language that Jesus spoke, Notley was asked to write an op-ed piece for The Times of Israel. (Click here to read the article.) His published piece attracted attention and Dr. Notley was invited to be interviewed by a radio station in Baltimore that produces a Jewish affairs program, “Shalom USA.” The interview aired last weekend.
- Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary Alumni at Metro District Conference "Expectation"
- OCT 20-21: Movement Day New York City
- OCT 21: Saxophonist Jacob Nevill (NC '08) in Grace Church Concert
- OCT 23-25: Dave Powers Returns for Spiritual Formation's Prayer Summit 2017
- OCT 23: Nyack College School of Music Performance at Steinway Hall
- OCT 26: Behind the Project with Isaiah Velez
- OCT 29: Trunk or Treat Comes to Nyack College Rockland
- NOV 8-9: Nyack Scholars Symposium and National Hispanic Education Summit at Nyack
- NOV 4: Dr. Anna Flores-Locke to Present at American Counseling Association Event
- WNYK's October Alumni Spotlight: Stephen and Lauri (Boyd) McKnight
- First 2017-2018 Issue of The Forum is Released
- The Amasi Trio in Concert
- Fall Faculty Reading Features Dr. Charles Beach
- FOUNDER'S DAY CHAPEL: C&MA Canada President David Hearn
- Ron Blue Institute Center Comes to Nyack College
- WNYK Re-airs Segments of "Perspectives on Personal Living"
- Nyack Warrior Athletics and Nyack Health Services Host "Pink Out" Events
- Praise Report from Puerto Rico
- Nyack Music Professor Damien Sneed on Stage at Carnegie Hall
- Dr. Lawrence Schiffman, Dead Sea Scrolls Scholar Visits Nyack New York City
- Fashion as WordArt Hosted by Nyack's Rockland Writing Center
- Cultivate Coffee Opens on Campus
- Who's Returning to the Hillside for Homecoming?
- Listening Party for Isaiah Velez
- Borderline Music Fest Features Nyack Alumnus "Skerrit Bwoy"
- Browse Blog Archive>>