Nyack's Dr. Steve Notley on Archaeological Survey in Israel
Dr. R. Steven Notley, (pictured above, second from left) Nyack’s director of Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins, was in Israel as a part of an archaeological survey of the possible site of first century Bethsaida. (Read the attached release from Khirbet el-Araj Press.)
Dr. Notley said, “I have been in the thick of this argument for over ten years and it was good to be on site. I fully expect that the results of the survey will lead to a full-blown archaeological excavation.” His hope is to have Nyack students involved.
When the story broke about the exchange between Pope Francis and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on the language that Jesus spoke, Notley was asked to write an op-ed piece for The Times of Israel. (Click here to read the article.) His published piece attracted attention and Dr. Notley was invited to be interviewed by a radio station in Baltimore that produces a Jewish affairs program, “Shalom USA.” The interview aired last weekend.
- Friday, Jan. 30: Andrew Palau at Nyack College Rockland
- February 9: Andrew White in Concert at Nyack College Rockland
- Photographer Babita Patel Captures the Spirit of Nyack's Hudson Link Graduation
- C&MA Metro District Grant Supports Training for Emerging Leaders at Nyack/ATS
- RELEASE: Nyack College Degrees to 24 Fishkill Correctional Facility Grads
- Nyack College Represented at NYC Police Commissioner Bill Bratton's Meeting With Clergy
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Teams Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary
- Celebrating the Legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- LoHud Trumpets Nyack's Upcoming Social Justice Celebration
- RELEASE: Nyack's Social Justice Celebration Marks 10th Anniversary
- Nyack Welcomes New Manhattan and Rockland Campus Students With Orientations
- Nyack Baseball Team Collecting Baseball Gloves for Sports Clinic in Mexico
- Global Service-Learning 2015
- Peace and Hope Visit Nyack Rockland
- Browse Blog Archive>>