Nyack's Dr. Steve Notley on Archaeological Survey in Israel
Dr. R. Steven Notley, (pictured above, second from left) Nyack’s director of Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins, was in Israel as a part of an archaeological survey of the possible site of first century Bethsaida. (Read the attached release from Khirbet el-Araj Press.)
Dr. Notley said, “I have been in the thick of this argument for over ten years and it was good to be on site. I fully expect that the results of the survey will lead to a full-blown archaeological excavation.” His hope is to have Nyack students involved.
When the story broke about the exchange between Pope Francis and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on the language that Jesus spoke, Notley was asked to write an op-ed piece for The Times of Israel. (Click here to read the article.) His published piece attracted attention and Dr. Notley was invited to be interviewed by a radio station in Baltimore that produces a Jewish affairs program, “Shalom USA.” The interview aired last weekend.
- Nyack Alumnus Charles Galbreath, a 2015 C&MA Council Speaker
- Tappan Zee Bridge Evening Travel Advisory May 18-22
- 2015 Hudson River Pianofest at Nyack College Rockland
- Nyack ATS Commencement 2015
- Bench Dedication Procession to Memorial Park Led by Nyack College Music Students
- A Rite of Passage to Womanhood for 25 Nyack Seniors
- ACL Student Research Award Winner
- New Beta Psi Chapter of Chi Alpha Epsilon Honor Society Members Inducted
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary 2015 Commencement
- Gone Fishing...
- A Day of Master Classes and Music Clinics for High School Music Students from Michigan
- Twenty-five Nyack College Contributors to SEA-PHAGES Research
- Men's Golf Team Headed to 2015 NCAA Championship Competition
- Two Operas! Two Days! Prof. Shelley Jameson, Director
- LAST WEEKEND for Spring Production of The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon
- Browse Blog Archive>>