Nyack's Dr. Steve Notley on Archaeological Survey in Israel
Dr. R. Steven Notley, (pictured above, second from left) Nyack’s director of Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins, was in Israel as a part of an archaeological survey of the possible site of first century Bethsaida. (Read the attached release from Khirbet el-Araj Press.)
Dr. Notley said, “I have been in the thick of this argument for over ten years and it was good to be on site. I fully expect that the results of the survey will lead to a full-blown archaeological excavation.” His hope is to have Nyack students involved.
When the story broke about the exchange between Pope Francis and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on the language that Jesus spoke, Notley was asked to write an op-ed piece for The Times of Israel. (Click here to read the article.) His published piece attracted attention and Dr. Notley was invited to be interviewed by a radio station in Baltimore that produces a Jewish affairs program, “Shalom USA.” The interview aired last weekend.
- SEPTEMBER 18: Alrick Brown's Award-winning Kinyarwanda Screening & Panel at Nyack NYC
- Dean Ron Walborn Interviewed on Unseminary.com
- RELEASE: October 20 Unearthing Magdala, An Ancient Judaism & Christian Origins Conference
- Report on AJCO-CSGE Panel: Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- 9/11 Thirteen Years Later
- Jewish and Christian Perspectives on Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- HEOP Continues at Nyack Rockland and Launches at Nyack NYC
- India Trip for Nyack School of Nursing Combines Study With Outreach
- "A Greener NYC" to Showcase a Nyack School of Music Performance at City Hall
- A Call to Prayer September 1-7 by C&MA President John Stumbo
- True Confessions or A Half Century-Old Mystery to be Unveiled at Homecoming 2014!
- On the Passing of Mrs. Dianna Sanders
- Nyack NYC Student Leadership Development Retreat
- 2014 Global Engagement Lecture Features Director of REALIS Christian Center in Kiev, Ukraine
- College of Arts and Sciences Convenes Its Faculty/Staff Retreat
- Browse Blog Archive>>