Nyack Public Library Hosts Lecture by Nyack Dean
April is National Poetry Month and Nyack College's own Dr. Fernando Arzola, Jr, dean of the College of Arts and Sciences and associate professor of religion will be the featured speaker on the work of Pablo Neruda. “Passion, Politics, Poetry: The Life and Writings of Pablo Neruda" will be presented on Tuesday, April 15, 7:00 pm at the Nyack Public Library located at 59 South Broadway, Nyack NY 10960.
During this presentation, Dr. Arzola will briefly examine the life of a man considered "the most influential poet in the Spanish language." The voice of Neruda will be heard in the reading of several of his poems and excerpts from his memoirs. Pablo Neruda's passion for life, justice and love are in full display in his phenomenal work.
- Sept. 10: Jewish and Christian Perspectives on Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- Nyack School of Music Students to Perform at City Hall in Manhattan
- A Call to Prayer September 1-7 by C&MA President John Stumbo
- True Confessions or A Half Century-Old Mystery to be Unveiled at Homecoming 2014!
- On the Passing of Mrs. Dianna Sanders
- Nyack NYC Student Leadership Development Retreat
- 2014 Global Engagement Lecture Features Director of REALIS Christian Center in Kiev, Ukraine
- College of Arts and Sciences Convenes Its Faculty/Staff Retreat
- Nyack History Professor Receives Columbia U Libraries Research Award
- Coming Soon: Nyack NYC and Rockland Student Orientations
- A Sunday Best: Nyack's Own Brightnie Jones
- Important Info for Returning Nyack NYC and Rockland Students
- The Independent Sector Highlights Nyack's STEM Education Participation
- Dr. Leonard Kageler Receives YCL "World Changers Award"
- RELEASE: Nyack's Fourth Year on the CHE "Great College to Work For" List
- Browse Blog Archive>>