New York City Chorale Headlines Three Concerts
The Nyack College New York City campus Chorale will be featured in three performances in Queens (Richmond Hill), Nyack, and Lewisburg, PA (April 11–13).
The music reflects the Lenten Season with themes focusing on Christ's life, suffering, sacrifice, death, and resurrection. The centerpiece of the program is a larger work, Son of God Mass, by James Whitbourn. This reflective and moving contemporary work is scored for full chorus, organ, and soprano saxophone and will feature graduating senior, Dudley Salmon. Student conductor, Ezra Davis, will conduct W.A. Mozart's Ave Verum Corpus.
The Friday, April 11 (7:30 PM) concert at Elohim Christian Church in Queens will also feature the Nyack College Christian Folk Ensemble as well as a NYC-based Christian community chorus, the Jubilee Chorus.
The Saturday event (3:00 PM) will take place at First Reformed Church of Nyack. We look forward to ministering at Dean Arzola's church.
The Palm Sunday service (10:15 AM) will take place at Lewisburg Alliance Church in Lewisburg, PA. The Chorale was introduced to Rev. Rubens Ruba while on tour in Florida this past January.
Admission is free and all are welcome.
For more information
- Men's Golf Team Headed to 2015 NCAA Championship Competition
- Two Operas! Two Days! Prof. Shelley Jameson, Director
- LAST WEEKEND for Spring Production of The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon
- English Chairman Announces Publication of Fine Print
- Career Talk on Banking at Nyack College Rockland
- RELEASE: Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary Commencement 2015
- School of Music in Concert at Avery Fisher Hall, Lincoln Center
- 2016 Global Service-Learning Trips For Nyack Students
- Nyack College Rockland Chorale Spring Concert
- Nyack College Student Research Conference Winners
- Service With a Smile #NyackCityServe
- Pianist Johnny Walsh In Concert on Nyack Rockland Campus
- Music Students Minister at Morristown's Market Street Mission
- ATS Colloquium On State and Religion: The Case of Israel
- Live from New York...Nyack's School of Music at Avery Fisher Hall, Lincoln Center!
- Browse Blog Archive>>