New York City Chorale Headlines Three Concerts
The Nyack College New York City campus Chorale will be featured in three performances in Queens (Richmond Hill), Nyack, and Lewisburg, PA (April 11–13).
The music reflects the Lenten Season with themes focusing on Christ's life, suffering, sacrifice, death, and resurrection. The centerpiece of the program is a larger work, Son of God Mass, by James Whitbourn. This reflective and moving contemporary work is scored for full chorus, organ, and soprano saxophone and will feature graduating senior, Dudley Salmon. Student conductor, Ezra Davis, will conduct W.A. Mozart's Ave Verum Corpus.
The Friday, April 11 (7:30 PM) concert at Elohim Christian Church in Queens will also feature the Nyack College Christian Folk Ensemble as well as a NYC-based Christian community chorus, the Jubilee Chorus.
The Saturday event (3:00 PM) will take place at First Reformed Church of Nyack. We look forward to ministering at Dean Arzola's church.
The Palm Sunday service (10:15 AM) will take place at Lewisburg Alliance Church in Lewisburg, PA. The Chorale was introduced to Rev. Rubens Ruba while on tour in Florida this past January.
Admission is free and all are welcome.
For more information
- Friday, May 29: Nyack Alumnus Charles Galbreath, a 2015 C&MA Council Speaker
- Nyack NYC Rock-o-Nomix Team: You Voted! They Won!
- Nyack College/ATS Empower 2015
- New York City Fish Count
- Tappan Zee Bridge Evening Travel Advisory May 18-22
- 2015 Hudson River Pianofest at Nyack College Rockland
- Nyack ATS Commencement 2015
- Bench Dedication Procession to Memorial Park Led by Nyack College Music Students
- A Rite of Passage to Womanhood for 25 Nyack Seniors
- ACL Student Research Award Winner
- New Beta Psi Chapter of Chi Alpha Epsilon Honor Society Members Inducted
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary 2015 Commencement
- Gone Fishing...
- A Day of Master Classes and Music Clinics for High School Music Students from Michigan
- Twenty-five Nyack College Contributors to SEA-PHAGES Research
- Browse Blog Archive>>