New York City Chorale Headlines Three Concerts
The Nyack College New York City campus Chorale will be featured in three performances in Queens (Richmond Hill), Nyack, and Lewisburg, PA (April 11–13).
The music reflects the Lenten Season with themes focusing on Christ's life, suffering, sacrifice, death, and resurrection. The centerpiece of the program is a larger work, Son of God Mass, by James Whitbourn. This reflective and moving contemporary work is scored for full chorus, organ, and soprano saxophone and will feature graduating senior, Dudley Salmon. Student conductor, Ezra Davis, will conduct W.A. Mozart's Ave Verum Corpus.
The Friday, April 11 (7:30 PM) concert at Elohim Christian Church in Queens will also feature the Nyack College Christian Folk Ensemble as well as a NYC-based Christian community chorus, the Jubilee Chorus.
The Saturday event (3:00 PM) will take place at First Reformed Church of Nyack. We look forward to ministering at Dean Arzola's church.
The Palm Sunday service (10:15 AM) will take place at Lewisburg Alliance Church in Lewisburg, PA. The Chorale was introduced to Rev. Rubens Ruba while on tour in Florida this past January.
Admission is free and all are welcome.
For more information
- Nyack's School of Nursing Dean, Dr. Elizabeth Simon Named a Fulbright Scholar
- Is Nyack For You? Are You for Nyack?
- Miriam Airoldi: Helping Others Find Dignity and Worth
- New Online! Master of Arts in Biblical Studies at ATS
- Into All the World!
- Social Work Degree Guide Names Nyack College to Its Top 25
- Nyack Clergy Association Hosts a Memorial Service for Charleston Nine
- Nyack's Moseley Field Turns Heliport for New York's Governor
- Nyack Softball Players Make CACC All-Academic Team
- Nyack College Students in National Masterworks Festival Chorus at Carnegie Hall
- New Major at Nyack: BA in Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Charles Galbreath, a 2015 C&MA Council Speaker
- Rock-o-Nomix Team: You Voted! They Won!
- New York City Fish Count
- 2015 Empower Ceremony
- Browse Blog Archive>>