Third Annual Student Research Conference at Nyack Rockland
The Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement will host its Third Student Research Conference, Thursday, April 10 on Nyack’s Rockland County campus from 9:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. in Bowman Gymnasium. With the theme, “Making a Difference: Contributions from our Disciplines” CSGE will welcome keynote speaker, Dr. Marcy Kelly, professor and assistant chair of the department of Biology and Health Sciences at Pace University in New York City.
Dr. Kelly earned her Ph.D. in 2000 from the Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics at Rutgers University-Newark. In addition to her teaching accomplishments with undergraduate biology and pre-health majors in the classroom and teaching laboratory at Pace University, Dr. Kelly maintains two active research programs. Her undergraduate research laboratory work focuses on the interaction between a model organism for tuberculosis, Mycobacterium bovis-BCG, and molecules produced by the human immune response. She is also currently in contract to develop a first-year biology major laboratory manual to introduce students to scientific research. Dr. Kelly has two publications in peer-reviewed educational journals and she is currently the Research Editor for the American Society for Microbiology (ASM) education journal, Journal of Microbiology and Biology Education. She is the Lead Facilitator for the ASM Biology Scholars Program Transitions Residency to assist undergraduate faculty with the development of educational assessment manuscripts for publication.
Click here to learn more about CSGE and upcoming events.
- "A Greener NYC" to Showcase a Nyack School of Music Performance at City Hall
- C&MA Church Planter Among Those Murdered in Guinea
- Get Nyack Warrior Gear Online Until September 30
- Alrick Brown's Award-winning Kinyarwanda Screening & Panel at Nyack NYC
- Dean Ron Walborn Interviewed on Unseminary.com
- RELEASE: October 20 Unearthing Magdala, An Ancient Judaism & Christian Origins Conference
- Report on AJCO-CSGE Panel: Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- 9/11 Thirteen Years Later
- Jewish and Christian Perspectives on Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- HEOP Continues at Nyack Rockland and Launches at Nyack NYC
- India Trip for Nyack School of Nursing Combines Study With Outreach
- A Call to Prayer September 1-7 by C&MA President John Stumbo
- True Confessions or A Half Century-Old Mystery to be Unveiled at Homecoming 2014!
- On the Passing of Mrs. Dianna Sanders
- Nyack NYC Student Leadership Development Retreat
- Browse Blog Archive>>