Third Annual Student Research Conference at Nyack Rockland
The Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement will host its Third Student Research Conference, Thursday, April 10 on Nyack’s Rockland County campus from 9:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. in Bowman Gymnasium. With the theme, “Making a Difference: Contributions from our Disciplines” CSGE will welcome keynote speaker, Dr. Marcy Kelly, professor and assistant chair of the department of Biology and Health Sciences at Pace University in New York City.
Dr. Kelly earned her Ph.D. in 2000 from the Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics at Rutgers University-Newark. In addition to her teaching accomplishments with undergraduate biology and pre-health majors in the classroom and teaching laboratory at Pace University, Dr. Kelly maintains two active research programs. Her undergraduate research laboratory work focuses on the interaction between a model organism for tuberculosis, Mycobacterium bovis-BCG, and molecules produced by the human immune response. She is also currently in contract to develop a first-year biology major laboratory manual to introduce students to scientific research. Dr. Kelly has two publications in peer-reviewed educational journals and she is currently the Research Editor for the American Society for Microbiology (ASM) education journal, Journal of Microbiology and Biology Education. She is the Lead Facilitator for the ASM Biology Scholars Program Transitions Residency to assist undergraduate faculty with the development of educational assessment manuscripts for publication.
Click here to learn more about CSGE and upcoming events.
- Nyack Baseball Team Collecting Baseball Gloves for Sports Clinic in Mexico
- Global Service-Learning 2015
- Peace and Hope Visit Nyack Rockland
- Hudson Link, TEDxSing Sing and Nyack College in New York Times Feature
- Sophia Institute Conference Features Nyack NYC Faculty
- Mandela Day Celebration at Nyack
- Storm Glautier Named CACC Rep to the National Student-Athlete Advisory Committee
- Memorial Concerts Honoring Professor Emeritus Ralph Ellenberger (1934-2014)
- Leadership Rockland Multicultural Communities Day Kicks Off at Nyack College
- Chamberfest at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- Nyack Rockland Colloquium Series Features Dr. K. Kale Yu
- NYACK NYC: Forgive Us...Confessions of a Compromised Faith--Book and Panel Discussion
- Fall 2014 Nyack's Scholars Symposium
- Nyack Students Up For The Challenge
- The Jubilee Chorus Performs at The Bowery Mission
- Browse Blog Archive>>