Third Annual Student Research Conference at Nyack Rockland
The Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement will host its Third Student Research Conference, Thursday, April 10 on Nyack’s Rockland County campus from 9:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. in Bowman Gymnasium. With the theme, “Making a Difference: Contributions from our Disciplines” CSGE will welcome keynote speaker, Dr. Marcy Kelly, professor and assistant chair of the department of Biology and Health Sciences at Pace University in New York City.
Dr. Kelly earned her Ph.D. in 2000 from the Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics at Rutgers University-Newark. In addition to her teaching accomplishments with undergraduate biology and pre-health majors in the classroom and teaching laboratory at Pace University, Dr. Kelly maintains two active research programs. Her undergraduate research laboratory work focuses on the interaction between a model organism for tuberculosis, Mycobacterium bovis-BCG, and molecules produced by the human immune response. She is also currently in contract to develop a first-year biology major laboratory manual to introduce students to scientific research. Dr. Kelly has two publications in peer-reviewed educational journals and she is currently the Research Editor for the American Society for Microbiology (ASM) education journal, Journal of Microbiology and Biology Education. She is the Lead Facilitator for the ASM Biology Scholars Program Transitions Residency to assist undergraduate faculty with the development of educational assessment manuscripts for publication.
Click here to learn more about CSGE and upcoming events.
- Negocios Now "40 under 40" List Showcases Nyack Alumna Kathia Benitez
- March 15-17: Latino Pastoral Action Center Hosts 2018 Legacy Conference
- Music Faculty and Students Perform With Opera Star in Kansas City, MO
- Schedule Your Nyack College Visit
- MARCH 15: Writing Center's March Event: The Book of Elyon with Emmanuel Jean-Pierre
- MARCH 21: Bach's 333rd Birthday Bash!
- Metro District Women's Spring Retreat Registration In Progress
- Seminary Chapel Concludes Black History Month With Pastor Donna Baptiste
- Dr. Anita Underwood, a Panelist on Christian Radio Network
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: DeLissa Dixon
- Nyack Student Leaders at Christian Cultural Center's C3 Youth Ministry
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Althea Session-Lovett
- Nyack Alumna Tiffany Burnett ('05), a Boca Raton, FL Entrepreneur
- Spring Edition of The Forum Published
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- Online Christian Colleges Ranks Nyack College
- Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Browse Blog Archive>>