Third Annual Student Research Conference at Nyack Rockland
The Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement will host its Third Student Research Conference, Thursday, April 10 on Nyack’s Rockland County campus from 9:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. in Bowman Gymnasium. With the theme, “Making a Difference: Contributions from our Disciplines” CSGE will welcome keynote speaker, Dr. Marcy Kelly, professor and assistant chair of the department of Biology and Health Sciences at Pace University in New York City.
Dr. Kelly earned her Ph.D. in 2000 from the Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics at Rutgers University-Newark. In addition to her teaching accomplishments with undergraduate biology and pre-health majors in the classroom and teaching laboratory at Pace University, Dr. Kelly maintains two active research programs. Her undergraduate research laboratory work focuses on the interaction between a model organism for tuberculosis, Mycobacterium bovis-BCG, and molecules produced by the human immune response. She is also currently in contract to develop a first-year biology major laboratory manual to introduce students to scientific research. Dr. Kelly has two publications in peer-reviewed educational journals and she is currently the Research Editor for the American Society for Microbiology (ASM) education journal, Journal of Microbiology and Biology Education. She is the Lead Facilitator for the ASM Biology Scholars Program Transitions Residency to assist undergraduate faculty with the development of educational assessment manuscripts for publication.
Click here to learn more about CSGE and upcoming events.
- Sept. 10: Jewish and Christian Perspectives on Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- Nyack School of Music Students to Perform at City Hall in Manhattan
- A Call to Prayer September 1-7 by C&MA President John Stumbo
- True Confessions or A Half Century-Old Mystery to be Unveiled at Homecoming 2014!
- On the Passing of Mrs. Dianna Sanders
- Nyack NYC Student Leadership Development Retreat
- 2014 Global Engagement Lecture Features Director of REALIS Christian Center in Kiev, Ukraine
- College of Arts and Sciences Convenes Its Faculty/Staff Retreat
- Nyack History Professor Receives Columbia U Libraries Research Award
- Coming Soon: Nyack NYC and Rockland Student Orientations
- A Sunday Best: Nyack's Own Brightnie Jones
- Important Info for Returning Nyack NYC and Rockland Students
- The Independent Sector Highlights Nyack's STEM Education Participation
- Dr. Leonard Kageler Receives YCL "World Changers Award"
- RELEASE: Nyack's Fourth Year on the CHE "Great College to Work For" List
- Browse Blog Archive>>