Your Voice Counts: Approved NYS Budget FundsTAP Increases
Last month, word reached the Nyack College office of President Michael G. Scales that the New York Student Aid Alliance was soliciting support for an increase in Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) funding. Via email Dr. Scales, encouraged the campus community to rally around the effort and urged individuals to contact their state officials who would be considering the State budget.
The TAP program had not seen an increase in a decade, while for 40 years these funds have helped millions of New York State residents pay for college.
In an email from Laura Anglin, president of the Commission on Independent Colleges and Universities, the good news arrived that the Senate and Assembly passed the SFY 2014-15 New York State Budget with the Governor and state legislators supporting TAP and opportunity program increases.
Click here to visit the CICU website and learn more about this exciting development.
- Nyack's School of Nursing Dean, Dr. Elizabeth Simon Named a Fulbright Scholar
- Is Nyack For You? Are You for Nyack?
- Miriam Airoldi: Helping Others Find Dignity and Worth
- New Online! Master of Arts in Biblical Studies at ATS
- Into All the World!
- Social Work Degree Guide Names Nyack College to Its Top 25
- Nyack Clergy Association Hosts a Memorial Service for Charleston Nine
- Nyack's Moseley Field Turns Heliport for New York's Governor
- Nyack Softball Players Make CACC All-Academic Team
- Nyack College Students in National Masterworks Festival Chorus at Carnegie Hall
- New Major at Nyack: BA in Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Charles Galbreath, a 2015 C&MA Council Speaker
- Rock-o-Nomix Team: You Voted! They Won!
- New York City Fish Count
- 2015 Empower Ceremony
- Browse Blog Archive>>