Your Voice Counts: Approved NYS Budget FundsTAP Increases
Last month, word reached the Nyack College office of President Michael G. Scales that the New York Student Aid Alliance was soliciting support for an increase in Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) funding. Via email Dr. Scales, encouraged the campus community to rally around the effort and urged individuals to contact their state officials who would be considering the State budget.
The TAP program had not seen an increase in a decade, while for 40 years these funds have helped millions of New York State residents pay for college.
In an email from Laura Anglin, president of the Commission on Independent Colleges and Universities, the good news arrived that the Senate and Assembly passed the SFY 2014-15 New York State Budget with the Governor and state legislators supporting TAP and opportunity program increases.
Click here to visit the CICU website and learn more about this exciting development.
- Friday, May 29: Nyack Alumnus Charles Galbreath, a 2015 C&MA Council Speaker
- Nyack NYC Rock-o-Nomix Team: You Voted! They Won!
- Nyack College/ATS Empower 2015
- New York City Fish Count
- Tappan Zee Bridge Evening Travel Advisory May 18-22
- 2015 Hudson River Pianofest at Nyack College Rockland
- Nyack ATS Commencement 2015
- Bench Dedication Procession to Memorial Park Led by Nyack College Music Students
- A Rite of Passage to Womanhood for 25 Nyack Seniors
- ACL Student Research Award Winner
- New Beta Psi Chapter of Chi Alpha Epsilon Honor Society Members Inducted
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary 2015 Commencement
- Gone Fishing...
- A Day of Master Classes and Music Clinics for High School Music Students from Michigan
- Twenty-five Nyack College Contributors to SEA-PHAGES Research
- Browse Blog Archive>>