Your Voice Counts: Approved NYS Budget FundsTAP Increases
Last month, word reached the Nyack College office of President Michael G. Scales that the New York Student Aid Alliance was soliciting support for an increase in Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) funding. Via email Dr. Scales, encouraged the campus community to rally around the effort and urged individuals to contact their state officials who would be considering the State budget.
The TAP program had not seen an increase in a decade, while for 40 years these funds have helped millions of New York State residents pay for college.
In an email from Laura Anglin, president of the Commission on Independent Colleges and Universities, the good news arrived that the Senate and Assembly passed the SFY 2014-15 New York State Budget with the Governor and state legislators supporting TAP and opportunity program increases.
Click here to visit the CICU website and learn more about this exciting development.
- Friday, Jan. 30: Andrew Palau at Nyack College Rockland
- February 9: Andrew White in Concert at Nyack College Rockland
- Photographer Babita Patel Captures the Spirit of Nyack's Hudson Link Graduation
- C&MA Metro District Grant Supports Training for Emerging Leaders at Nyack/ATS
- RELEASE: Nyack College Degrees to 24 Fishkill Correctional Facility Grads
- Nyack College Represented at NYC Police Commissioner Bill Bratton's Meeting With Clergy
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Teams Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary
- Celebrating the Legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- LoHud Trumpets Nyack's Upcoming Social Justice Celebration
- RELEASE: Nyack's Social Justice Celebration Marks 10th Anniversary
- Nyack Welcomes New Manhattan and Rockland Campus Students With Orientations
- Nyack Baseball Team Collecting Baseball Gloves for Sports Clinic in Mexico
- Global Service-Learning 2015
- Peace and Hope Visit Nyack Rockland
- Browse Blog Archive>>