Nyack College Hosts a Seminar on Christian-Muslim Relations with Dr. Rick Love
The Nyack College Intercultural Studies Department will host a seminar featuring guest speaker, Dr. Rick Love, an internationally-recognized expert in Christian-Muslim relations and president of Peace Catalyst International. The event takes place on Saturday, April 5, 2014 at Alliance Theological Seminary on the Rockland County campus, 350 North Highland Avenue, Nyack, NY from 9:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. Admission is $25.00 and includes lunch. The cost for students is $7.50 to cover lunch.
Since 9/11, Rick Love has given himself to breaking down barriers and building bridges of love between Christians and Muslims. Listen to his message here about the importance of peace between Christians and Muslims.
Rick is the author Grace & Truth: Toward Christlike Relationships with Muslims (2013) and his upcoming book, Peace Catalysts: Resolving Conflict in our Families, Organizations and Communities (June 2014). He holds a Th.M. in New Testament Studies, a D.Min. in Urban Studies, and a Ph.D. in Intercultural Studies. has done postdoctoral studies in peacemaking at the Yale University Center for Faith and Culture and serves as the Associate Director for the World Evangelical Alliance Peace and Reconciliation Initiative.
For more information about the April 5 seminar, contact the Intercultural Studies Department at 845.675.4529 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here to learn more about Peace Catalyst International.
- Chelsea Geyer (NC '12) Golf Tournament Luncheon Speaker
- August 31: Last Day for Early Bird Rates for CCCU 2016 Diversity Conference at Nyack NYC
- Register by September 5 for Nyack's Leadership Speaker Series
- Remembering Lavern Dantzler, Nyack Alumna and Staff Member
- Amanda Halter, A Lady Warrior in Germany
- Celebrating the Life of Rick Santiago
- Jose Heredia (NC '09) at the Rose Nagelberg Theatre in Manhattan
- Carol Ann Freeman and Bonita D'Amil...Hearts for Hungary
- Gabrielle Do Goes Global With Her Spoken Word Artistry
- Nyack College Golf Classic Returns to Historic Saint Andrew's
- Memorial Service for ATS Alum Mark Xavier Lewis
- Go Fish! or The Adventures of Dr. Peter Park
- ATS Dean Announces New Role: ATS Director, Dr. Louis DeCaro, Jr.
- Nyack's Historic Excavation: Something to Write Home About
- Nyack Counseling Professor and Students to be Published
- Nyack Reps in the Nation's Capital for Second Chance Pell Grant Meetings
- Nyack College Among Top 50 Most Diverse U.S. Campuses
- Willana Mack, Winner of the Tri-State Gospel Music Association Award
- Epoch Times Features Composer and Nyack Music Prof William Vollinger
- Associate Dean Luis Carlo Receives Kudos for Service to ATS
- JULY 10 & 14: Anthony Vaval ('16) Grad Featured on Dennis Dillon Show
- Dr. Barbara Austin-Lucas, First Female Bishop-Designate for Dunamis Covenant Connection
- Days Away from Nyack's Historic Archaeological Dig
- Carlos Cuestas ('09), A Classical Guitar Act
- Rev. Dave Nguyen and the Vietnamese Alliance Church Celebrate an Anniversary
- Browse Blog Archive>>