Nyack College Hosts a Seminar on Christian-Muslim Relations with Dr. Rick Love
The Nyack College Intercultural Studies Department will host a seminar featuring guest speaker, Dr. Rick Love, an internationally-recognized expert in Christian-Muslim relations and president of Peace Catalyst International. The event takes place on Saturday, April 5, 2014 at Alliance Theological Seminary on the Rockland County campus, 350 North Highland Avenue, Nyack, NY from 9:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. Admission is $25.00 and includes lunch. The cost for students is $7.50 to cover lunch.
Since 9/11, Rick Love has given himself to breaking down barriers and building bridges of love between Christians and Muslims. Listen to his message here about the importance of peace between Christians and Muslims.
Rick is the author Grace & Truth: Toward Christlike Relationships with Muslims (2013) and his upcoming book, Peace Catalysts: Resolving Conflict in our Families, Organizations and Communities (June 2014). He holds a Th.M. in New Testament Studies, a D.Min. in Urban Studies, and a Ph.D. in Intercultural Studies. has done postdoctoral studies in peacemaking at the Yale University Center for Faith and Culture and serves as the Associate Director for the World Evangelical Alliance Peace and Reconciliation Initiative.
For more information about the April 5 seminar, contact the Intercultural Studies Department at 845.675.4529 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here to learn more about Peace Catalyst International.
- OCTOBER 30: CSGE Colloquium Series on Environmental Sustainability
- TODAY! Auditions for Spring 2015 Production of "The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon"
- NY Times Hails Rear Admiral R. Timothy Ziemer (NC '65) as "The Malaria Fighter"
- RELEASE: Official Statement on Ebola Update - Week October 27
- Saturday, October 25--U of Pittsburgh Welcomes ATS Dean Ron Walborn for Bridge Forum: A Livestreamed Event!
- OCT 25: Dr. R. Steven Notley Featured Lecturer at Lanier Theological Library in Houston, TX
- NOV. 6 Forgive Us: Confessions of a Compromised Faith--Book and Panel Discussion
- NOV. 5-6: Dr. Kevin Danaher is Fall 2014 Nyack 's Scholars Symposium Plenary Speaker
- Velocity! Debuts at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- Unearthing Magdala--Nyack College Conference for Interfaith Scholars
- RELEASE: Official Nyack Statement on Ebola
- October 17: Nyack's School of Social Work and Community Connections for Youth Release Report
- Steinway Piano Dedication With Steinway & Sons President Ron Losby and CD-60 Biographer James Barron
- Miovski and Mansfield Families Music Hall Dedicated at Nyack NYC Campus
- Official Nyack College Statement Regarding Unknown Man on Campus September 23
- Browse Blog Archive>>