Dr. Richard Eldred (1935-2014) Remembered
A memorial service was held for the late Dr. Richard Eldred, a beloved former history professor, who passed away at the age of 78 on March 22, 2014 following a heart attack. A celebration of his life took place on Wednesday, March 26 at Tabernacle Bible Church, 455 Grove St., Honesdale, PA, officiated by Pastor John Banks.
This legendary educator, mentor, and friend was employed at Nyack College from 1965 to 1999. A tribute to his career at Nyack was reflected in the 1999 Missionarian yearbook, which was dedicated to him with these words:
“Prof. Eldred: His wisdom of life and his faith are inspiring and tested. His gentleness is evidenced in an arm around your shoulder or a comforting thought of affirmation. This old-town boy’s involvement in and dedication to the Nyack College community has been felt by all, whether you knew it or not…Thank you, Professor Eldred, for your years of knowledgeable service, friendship, and inspiration.”
Condolences can be sent to Ronald and Mary Eldred, 657 West Park St., Honesdale, PA 18431.
Please keep the Eldred family in your prayers.
- RELEASE: Steinway Piano Dedication With Author/NY Times Reporter James Barron
- "A Greener NYC" to Showcase a Nyack School of Music Performance at City Hall
- Nyack College Joins the Luis Palau Association CityServe Event in Manhattan
- C&MA Church Planter Among Those Murdered in Guinea
- Alrick Brown's Award-winning Kinyarwanda Screening & Panel at Nyack NYC
- Dean Ron Walborn Interviewed on Unseminary.com
- RELEASE: October 20 Unearthing Magdala, An Ancient Judaism & Christian Origins Conference
- Report on AJCO-CSGE Panel: Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- 9/11 Thirteen Years Later
- Jewish and Christian Perspectives on Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- HEOP Continues at Nyack Rockland and Launches at Nyack NYC
- India Trip for Nyack School of Nursing Combines Study With Outreach
- A Call to Prayer September 1-7 by C&MA President John Stumbo
- True Confessions or A Half Century-Old Mystery to be Unveiled at Homecoming 2014!
- On the Passing of Mrs. Dianna Sanders
- Browse Blog Archive>>