Nyack: A Global Nation
Nyack College’s global diversity was evident at the recent Multicultural Day at the Nyack New York City campus in Battery Park. The evening opened with three students, Lindza Lubin, Rolando Rosales, and Tryphena Ramcharitar praying in Creole, Spanish and English.
Of the nearly 60 countries represented in Nyack’s student population, among those represented at the multicultural event were Guyana, Haiti, India, and the Dominican Republic.
Students sampled a smorgasbord of cuisines and shared stories and songs from their homelands. Other activities included board games and painting with watercolors provided by The Christian Art and Media Club.
Cezanne Perez, student activities coordinator at Nyack NYC says, “We're looking forward to hosting this event again next year!”
- Nyack Baseball Team Collecting Baseball Gloves for Sports Clinic in Mexico
- Global Service-Learning 2015
- Peace and Hope Visit Nyack Rockland
- Hudson Link, TEDxSing Sing and Nyack College in New York Times Feature
- Sophia Institute Conference Features Nyack NYC Faculty
- Mandela Day Celebration at Nyack
- Storm Glautier Named CACC Rep to the National Student-Athlete Advisory Committee
- Memorial Concerts Honoring Professor Emeritus Ralph Ellenberger (1934-2014)
- Leadership Rockland Multicultural Communities Day Kicks Off at Nyack College
- Chamberfest at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- Nyack Rockland Colloquium Series Features Dr. K. Kale Yu
- NYACK NYC: Forgive Us...Confessions of a Compromised Faith--Book and Panel Discussion
- Fall 2014 Nyack's Scholars Symposium
- Nyack Students Up For The Challenge
- The Jubilee Chorus Performs at The Bowery Mission
- Browse Blog Archive>>