2014 Nyack College Honorary Doctorates to "Son of God" Producers
Two successful private screenings of “Son of God,” the epic depiction of the life of Jesus Christ, were hosted by Nyack College for its current students, faculty, and staff who were joined by special invited guests including local high school students, and church youth groups at AMC Theatres in Rockland County and in Manhattan. The campus community is celebrating with co-producers Mark Burnett and Roma Downey as the film is released in theatres nationwide today.
The husband and wife team, who also co-produced the popular ten-hour miniseries, “The Bible” (2013 The History Channel) will both receive honorary doctorates (Doctor of Letters) from Nyack College at the 2014 Commencement ceremony on Saturday, May 10 at the Westchester County Center. Prior to the graduation ceremony, they will also be inducted into Nyack’s President’s Hall of Distinction at the annual President’s Brunch, along with British Parliament member Lord Edmiston, who will also receive the Doctor of Letters.
Emmy Award-winner Burnett has produced more than 2,400 hours of television programming, which regularly airs in more than 70 countries worldwide. Currently, Burnett’s network series include "Survivor" (CBS), "The Voice" (NBC), "The Celebrity Apprentice" (NBC), “Shark Tank” (ABC) and “The People’s Choice Awards.”
A celebrated, Emmy-nominated television and stage actress, Roma Downey is most known for her decade of work as the tenderhearted Monica, in over 200 episodes of Touched by an Angel (1994) to a weekly audience of over 20 million and played the role of Mary, the mother of Jesus, in “The Bible.”
Click here to hear a greeting from Mark Burnett and Roma Downey.
- Negocios Now "40 under 40" List Showcases Nyack Alumna Kathia Benitez
- March 15-17: Latino Pastoral Action Center Hosts 2018 Legacy Conference
- Music Faculty and Students Perform With Opera Star in Kansas City, MO
- Schedule Your Nyack College Visit
- MARCH 15: Writing Center's March Event: The Book of Elyon with Emmanuel Jean-Pierre
- MARCH 21: Bach's 333rd Birthday Bash!
- Metro District Women's Spring Retreat Registration In Progress
- Seminary Chapel Concludes Black History Month With Pastor Donna Baptiste
- Dr. Anita Underwood, a Panelist on Christian Radio Network
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: DeLissa Dixon
- Nyack Student Leaders at Christian Cultural Center's C3 Youth Ministry
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Althea Session-Lovett
- Nyack Alumna Tiffany Burnett ('05), a Boca Raton, FL Entrepreneur
- Spring Edition of The Forum Published
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- Online Christian Colleges Ranks Nyack College
- Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Browse Blog Archive>>