2014 Nyack College Honorary Doctorates to "Son of God" Producers
Two successful private screenings of “Son of God,” the epic depiction of the life of Jesus Christ, were hosted by Nyack College for its current students, faculty, and staff who were joined by special invited guests including local high school students, and church youth groups at AMC Theatres in Rockland County and in Manhattan. The campus community is celebrating with co-producers Mark Burnett and Roma Downey as the film is released in theatres nationwide today.
The husband and wife team, who also co-produced the popular ten-hour miniseries, “The Bible” (2013 The History Channel) will both receive honorary doctorates (Doctor of Letters) from Nyack College at the 2014 Commencement ceremony on Saturday, May 10 at the Westchester County Center. Prior to the graduation ceremony, they will also be inducted into Nyack’s President’s Hall of Distinction at the annual President’s Brunch, along with British Parliament member Lord Edmiston, who will also receive the Doctor of Letters.
Emmy Award-winner Burnett has produced more than 2,400 hours of television programming, which regularly airs in more than 70 countries worldwide. Currently, Burnett’s network series include "Survivor" (CBS), "The Voice" (NBC), "The Celebrity Apprentice" (NBC), “Shark Tank” (ABC) and “The People’s Choice Awards.”
A celebrated, Emmy-nominated television and stage actress, Roma Downey is most known for her decade of work as the tenderhearted Monica, in over 200 episodes of Touched by an Angel (1994) to a weekly audience of over 20 million and played the role of Mary, the mother of Jesus, in “The Bible.”
Click here to hear a greeting from Mark Burnett and Roma Downey.
- Nyack College Golf Class Return to Historic Saint Andrew's
- Go Fish! or The Adventures of Dr. Peter Park
- ATS Dean Announces New Role: ATS Director, Dr. Louis DeCaro, Jr.
- Nyack's Historic Excavation: Something to Write Home About
- Nyack Counseling Professor and Students to be Published
- Nyack Reps in the Nation's Capital for Second Chance Pell Grant Meetings
- Nyack College Among Top 50 Most Diverse U.S. Campuses
- Willana Mack, Winner of the Tri-State Gospel Music Association Award
- Tunesha Crispell, Nyack NYC School of Music Alumna, Gone Too Soon
- Epoch Times Features Composer and Nyack Music Prof William Vollinger
- Associate Dean Luis Carlo Receives Kudos for Service to ATS
- JULY 10 & 14: Anthony Vaval ('16) Grad Featured on Dennis Dillon Show
- Dr. Barbara Austin-Lucas, First Female Bishop-Designate for Dunamis Covenant Connection
- Days Away from Nyack's Historic Archaeological Dig
- Carlos Cuestas ('09), A Classical Guitar Act
- Rev. Dave Nguyen and the Vietnamese Alliance Church Celebrate an Anniversary
- Honoring the Life of Dr. Thomas P. Bailey, Sr.
- Nyack College Among 67 Schools Participating in the Second Chance Program
- iSucceed at Nyack Is a School of Music Success
- Lauren Lebo Named 2016 Women's Lacrosse Coaches Association’s Division II Scholar-Athlete of the Year!
- Dr. Gabriel Salguero, Former Alliance Theological Seminary Professor Comforts Floridians
- Biola U Students Welcomed to Nyack's Battery Park/Wall Street Prayer Meeting
- Music Alumni Perform With Shining Lights Prison Ministry Tour
- Live at Carnegie Hall...Nyack College NYC Chorale!
- Nyack -- A Founding Partner of the Fair Chance Higher Education Pledge
- Browse Blog Archive>>