Night of Worship With Gungor's The Liturgists at Nyack College Rockland
The Liturgists, a new worship project from Gungor, will perform at the Nyack College Rockland County campus on Thursday, March 6 at 7:30 p.m. in Bowman Gymnasium, 1 South Boulevard in Nyack, NY. Doors open at 6:30 p.m.
Michael Gungor, lead singer, says, “We still like writing “church music.” Our aim here is not to seek fame and fortune in the mainstream world or to escape from the Church in some way. We simply want to practice what we preach and try to make good art that isn’t limited to what is traditionally thought of as “religious” content. We think everything is religious, and we want our music to reflect that.”
Gungor’s odd combination of banjos, horns, strings, a toy piano and a glockenspiel makes the band unique in both its music and its message.
To purchase tickets, click here. General admission is $15 plus a $3.25 service fee. At the door, tickets are $18 each.
Merchandise will be sold before and after the concert.
- Men's Golf Team Headed to 2015 NCAA Championship Competition
- Two Operas! Two Days! Prof. Shelley Jameson, Director
- LAST WEEKEND for Spring Production of The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon
- English Chairman Announces Publication of Fine Print
- Career Talk on Banking at Nyack College Rockland
- RELEASE: Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary Commencement 2015
- School of Music in Concert at Avery Fisher Hall, Lincoln Center
- 2016 Global Service-Learning Trips For Nyack Students
- Nyack College Rockland Chorale Spring Concert
- Nyack College Student Research Conference Winners
- Service With a Smile #NyackCityServe
- Pianist Johnny Walsh In Concert on Nyack Rockland Campus
- Music Students Minister at Morristown's Market Street Mission
- ATS Colloquium On State and Religion: The Case of Israel
- Live from New York...Nyack's School of Music at Avery Fisher Hall, Lincoln Center!
- Browse Blog Archive>>