Night of Worship With Gungor's The Liturgists at Nyack College Rockland
The Liturgists, a new worship project from Gungor, will perform at the Nyack College Rockland County campus on Thursday, March 6 at 7:30 p.m. in Bowman Gymnasium, 1 South Boulevard in Nyack, NY. Doors open at 6:30 p.m.
Michael Gungor, lead singer, says, “We still like writing “church music.” Our aim here is not to seek fame and fortune in the mainstream world or to escape from the Church in some way. We simply want to practice what we preach and try to make good art that isn’t limited to what is traditionally thought of as “religious” content. We think everything is religious, and we want our music to reflect that.”
Gungor’s odd combination of banjos, horns, strings, a toy piano and a glockenspiel makes the band unique in both its music and its message.
To purchase tickets, click here. General admission is $15 plus a $3.25 service fee. At the door, tickets are $18 each.
Merchandise will be sold before and after the concert.
- Nyack Baseball Team Collecting Baseball Gloves for Sports Clinic in Mexico
- Global Service-Learning 2015
- Peace and Hope Visit Nyack Rockland
- Hudson Link, TEDxSing Sing and Nyack College in New York Times Feature
- Sophia Institute Conference Features Nyack NYC Faculty
- Mandela Day Celebration at Nyack
- Storm Glautier Named CACC Rep to the National Student-Athlete Advisory Committee
- Memorial Concerts Honoring Professor Emeritus Ralph Ellenberger (1934-2014)
- Leadership Rockland Multicultural Communities Day Kicks Off at Nyack College
- Chamberfest at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- Nyack Rockland Colloquium Series Features Dr. K. Kale Yu
- NYACK NYC: Forgive Us...Confessions of a Compromised Faith--Book and Panel Discussion
- Fall 2014 Nyack's Scholars Symposium
- Nyack Students Up For The Challenge
- The Jubilee Chorus Performs at The Bowery Mission
- Browse Blog Archive>>