MANDELA DAY Celebrated at Nyack New York City
Nelson Mandela, the late president of South Africa and anti-apartheid activist, will be honored on Wednesday, February 26 at Nyack College New York City, 2 Washington Street, Room 2241 in Manhattan. The event is the collaborative effort of Nyack’s Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement, the New York City campus Office of Student Development, and the College of Arts and Science.
Mandela Day activities include the following:
3:00-4:45 pm Film Forum featuring "Mandela" (Click here to preview a clip.)
4:45-5:00 pm Musical presentation of South African music by the Nyack Chorale and the Christian Folk Ensemble
5:00-6:00 pm The Legacy of Nelson Mandela, A Panel Discussion moderated by Rev. Charles Hammond
Dr. Fernando Arzola: Pragmatic Prophet: Reflections on Mandela’s Quiet Faith
Dr. Marcia Lucas: Loving to Future Generations
Dr. Vilma "Nina" Balmaceda: Truth-Telling and the Challenge of seeking justice after Apartheid
Dr. Mayra Lopez-Humphreys: Madiba and Forgiveness and Reconciliation
All are welcome.
For more information, phone 845.675.7165 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Friday, May 29: Nyack Alumnus Charles Galbreath, a 2015 C&MA Council Speaker
- Nyack NYC Rock-o-Nomix Team: You Voted! They Won!
- Nyack College/ATS Empower 2015
- New York City Fish Count
- Tappan Zee Bridge Evening Travel Advisory May 18-22
- 2015 Hudson River Pianofest at Nyack College Rockland
- Nyack ATS Commencement 2015
- Bench Dedication Procession to Memorial Park Led by Nyack College Music Students
- A Rite of Passage to Womanhood for 25 Nyack Seniors
- ACL Student Research Award Winner
- New Beta Psi Chapter of Chi Alpha Epsilon Honor Society Members Inducted
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary 2015 Commencement
- Gone Fishing...
- A Day of Master Classes and Music Clinics for High School Music Students from Michigan
- Twenty-five Nyack College Contributors to SEA-PHAGES Research
- Browse Blog Archive>>