MANDELA DAY Celebrated at Nyack New York City
Nelson Mandela, the late president of South Africa and anti-apartheid activist, will be honored on Wednesday, February 26 at Nyack College New York City, 2 Washington Street, Room 2241 in Manhattan. The event is the collaborative effort of Nyack’s Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement, the New York City campus Office of Student Development, and the College of Arts and Science.
Mandela Day activities include the following:
3:00-4:45 pm Film Forum featuring "Mandela" (Click here to preview a clip.)
4:45-5:00 pm Musical presentation of South African music by the Nyack Chorale and the Christian Folk Ensemble
5:00-6:00 pm The Legacy of Nelson Mandela, A Panel Discussion moderated by Rev. Charles Hammond
Dr. Fernando Arzola: Pragmatic Prophet: Reflections on Mandela’s Quiet Faith
Dr. Marcia Lucas: Loving to Future Generations
Dr. Vilma "Nina" Balmaceda: Truth-Telling and the Challenge of seeking justice after Apartheid
Dr. Mayra Lopez-Humphreys: Madiba and Forgiveness and Reconciliation
All are welcome.
For more information, phone 845.675.7165 or email email@example.com.
- RELEASE: Nyack's Fourth Year on the CHE "Great College to Work For" List
- The Nations Come to Us: Fukuyama Alliance Church Visits Nyack
- Nyack's Welcome Mat for Hungary
- Nyack College Remembers the Late John Lawrence Seigenthaler
- Nyack College, A Partner Instructor School for Yale's Center for Scientific Teaching
- Nyack College Venue for County Legislature's Forum
- Nyack Nursing Professor and Student Publish in Journal of Nursing
- Alliance World Fellowship Committee Meets at Nyack/ATS Rockland
- Is Nyack Affordable?
- JUNE 13 & 14: Steinway & Sons Sponsor Hudson River Pianofest at Nyack College
- JUNE 11: Nyack's 2014 Golf Classic
- Nyack College Social Work Major Receives NPRDP Scholarship
- RELEASE: An Award-Winning 2013-2104 for Women Warriors
- Nyack's Dr. Steve Notley on Archaeological Survey in Israel
- Nyack Campus Community Remembers Ralph G. Ellenberger (1934-2014)
- Browse Blog Archive>>