Catalyst for Compassion Book Club: A Nyack NYC Social Work Forum
The Nyack College Department of Social Work sponsors Catalyst for Compassion Book Club, a forum for professionals, educators, and students "who seek to be catalysts promoting a just and caring society with compassion by integrating their Christian faith and social work practice." The group’s purpose is to facilitate critical thinking and discussion of crucial and current issues through reading and discussing relevant books.
Coordinators are David Fritz, LMSW; Marcia Herrera, LMSW; Delia Kim, MSW; Percie MCLain, BSW; Brian D. Roland, Ph.D.; and Kwi Yun, Ph.D.
Reflection, response, and discussion takes place on Thursdays at 6:30 p.m. on the Nyack Manhattan campus, 2 Washington Street in The Pavilion on the 21st Floor. The January 2014 discussion was on The New Jim Crow by Michelle Alexander.
Upcoming meetings are
Thursday, March 6, 2014 - The Long Loneliness by Dorothy Day
Thursday, May 8, 2014 - The Great Divorce by Dorothy Day
Like Catalyst for Compassion Book Club on Facebook.
- JANUARY 30: Office of Spiritual Formation Presents Andrew Palau
- RELEASE: Nyack College Degrees to 24 Fishkill Correctional Facility Grads
- Nyack College Represented at NYC Police Commissioner Bill Bratton's Meeting With Clergy
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Teams Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary
- Celebrating the Legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- LoHud Trumpets Nyack's Upcoming Social Justice Celebration
- RELEASE: Nyack's Social Justice Celebration Marks 10th Anniversary
- Nyack Welcomes New Manhattan and Rockland Campus Students With Orientations
- Nyack Baseball Team Collecting Baseball Gloves for Sports Clinic in Mexico
- Global Service-Learning 2015
- Peace and Hope Visit Nyack Rockland
- Hudson Link, TEDxSing Sing and Nyack College in New York Times Feature
- Sophia Institute Conference Features Nyack NYC Faculty
- Mandela Day Celebration at Nyack
- Browse Blog Archive>>