Nyack Seaport Venue for Recognizing Community Leadership
More than 100 guests joined Nyack's Office of Community Relations for a pre-Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday event at Nyack Seaport on Friday, January 17.
The Rockland County campus hosted the Ninth Annual Social Justice Day Luncheon where community leaders and organizations were recognized for their work that represents Dr. King's vision of "the beloved community."
Presentations were made to honorees (l-r) Nathan Mungin of the Martin Luther King Multi-Purpose Center in Spring Valley, NY; Maria Luisa Whittingham, gift shop and boutique owner in downtown Nyack; Jan Degenshein of Leadership Rockland, New City. A special recognition and live interview of the Honorable Donovan Richards, Jr. of New York City District 31, was conducted by Nyack's executive director of community relations, Earl Miller.
Videos of the Social Justice Day Award recipients can be viewed at the links below.
Leadership Rockland - http://youtu.be/T37DGoFMecc
Maria Luisa Whittingham - http://youtu.be/nJFLcUxi5k
Martin Luther King, Jr. Multipurpose Center - http://youtu.be/C0a68VaJfNc
- Live from New York...Nyack's School of Music at Avery Fisher Hall, Lincoln Center!
- Broken To Minister CD Launch Event at NYC Campus
- 15-City Promo Tour for Nyack NYC Campus Music Prof Damien Sneed
- Becker Professional Education Presentation
- FEBRUARY 23-24: Pianist Marcelo Liano in Concert at Nyack Rockland
- Colloquium Series Features Dr. Kale Yu on "Earth in Mind"
- Denise Lewis Patrick, Award-Winning Author and Nyack Adjunct, Presents Connected Souls
- Nursing Alumni Return to Share Their Journey
- Nyack College Partners with the Luis Palau Association
- Nyack Reps at NY Student Aid Alliance Advocacy Day in Albany
- Damien Sneed, NYC Music Faculty, in PBS Documentary on Work by Wynton Marsalis
- Andrew White in Concert at Nyack College Rockland
- Nyack AGSC Professor and Students Published in Journal
- Kathy Schwarz, First 2015 Nyack Critical Reads Presenter
- Nyack College Partners With the Luis Palau Evangelistic Association
- Browse Blog Archive>>