Nyack Seaport Venue for Recognizing Community Leadership
More than 100 guests joined Nyack's Office of Community Relations for a pre-Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday event at Nyack Seaport on Friday, January 17.
The Rockland County campus hosted the Ninth Annual Social Justice Day Luncheon where community leaders and organizations were recognized for their work that represents Dr. King's vision of "the beloved community."
Presentations were made to honorees (l-r) Nathan Mungin of the Martin Luther King Multi-Purpose Center in Spring Valley, NY; Maria Luisa Whittingham, gift shop and boutique owner in downtown Nyack; Jan Degenshein of Leadership Rockland, New City. A special recognition and live interview of the Honorable Donovan Richards, Jr. of New York City District 31, was conducted by Nyack's executive director of community relations, Earl Miller.
Videos of the Social Justice Day Award recipients can be viewed at the links below.
Leadership Rockland - http://youtu.be/T37DGoFMecc
Maria Luisa Whittingham - http://youtu.be/nJFLcUxi5k
Martin Luther King, Jr. Multipurpose Center - http://youtu.be/C0a68VaJfNc
- 2016 New York State Student Aid Advocacy Day
- School of Music Invites Faculty and Staff to Join Chorale Performance
- Rave Review for New Album by Nyack NYC Alumnus Glauco Lima
- Spring Semester 2016 Deeper Life Series With Dr. Stanley John
- Gone Too Soon: Jonathan Perez (NC '09)
- Nyack's School of Social Work and Praxis Connections Partner on Leadership Forums
- Remembering Nyack Professor Emeritus, Dr. Eldon "Woody" Woodcock (1930-2016)
- Empower 2016 Open House
- Rockland County Colleges Partner on a Black History Month MLK Oratory Contest
- Remembering Longtime Nyack Friend, Dr. Susan G. Gordon
- Nyack's Literary Journal, The Fine Print, Announces Submissions Deadline
- Neil Anderson Conference at Nyack Sold Out!
- January 29-30: Discipleship Conference With Neil Anderson at Nyack
- Nyack School of Music Profs and Alumni in Rockland Camerata Concert
- Nyack Alumnus Pens Book on First C&MA Mission Field
- 2016 Nyack Alumni & Friends Phonathon
- RELEASE: Nyack Receives Education Excellence Award from Beraca Baptist Church
- Remembering Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Basketball Teams Visit Upper Nyack Elementary School
- Nyack's Social Justice Celebration--An Important Change
- Dr. Elizabeth Swanson Voted a National Collegiate Choral Organization Officer
- Joseph and Mary of Bethlehem at ATS
- Congratulations to Our December 2015 Graduates!
- Conference on the Role of Faith in the Practice of Medicine
- Nyack Women's Soccer Team Assists With YMCA Clinics
- Browse Blog Archive>>