Campus Community Supports Nyack Homeless Project
The campus community of students, faculty, and staff at Nyack College will support the Nyack Homeless Project again this year. The nonprofit's collection of food and warm clothing began on November 15 and runs through December 22. Their goal is to give away items to approximately 7,000 men, women, and children.
Rynae Rasley, assistant coach of Nyack women’s basketball team coordinated a drive engaging Warrior athletes and their fans, asking everyone to bring canned and non-perishable food items, new socks, hats, gloves, and toiletries. A list of drop-off locations is available to the campus community so that giving can continue throughout the holiday season.
David Julien, head women’s basketball coach says, "We want to be a part of raising awareness of issues that are so close to home. People are struggling around us every day and we tend to get too busy with our own lives. It's a small effort to help and teach our players about collective responsibility."
Nyack College faculty and staff from the Rockland and Manhattan campuses have been encouraged to bring mittens and gloves to the annual Christmas luncheon on the residential campus in Nyack on December 19. These items will also be donated to the Nyack Homeless Project.
For more information on the Nyack Homeless Project, click here.
- Nyack Critical Reads Colloquium Series Continues
- Passover Seder Celebrated at Nyack New York City
- Nyack Public Library Hosts Lecture by Nyack Dean
- In the Garden, a Flute Ensemble Recital
- Third Annual Student Research Conference at Nyack Rockland
- International Fellowship Day at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Amasi Trio Concert Rescheduled to April 23
- New York City Chorale Headlines Three Concerts
- NYACK'S SPRING PRODUCTION: J.B.
- Nyack College Rockland Chorale Performance of Mozart's Requiem
- Aramark Staff at Nyack Coordinates Global Volunteer Day
- Your Voice Counts: Approved NYS Budget FundsTAP Increases
- Dr. Lyndell O'Hara Presents on The King Years
- Nyack's "Amazing Race"
- RELEASE: HBO Documentary Features Nyack Alumnus Sean Pica
- Browse Blog Archive>>