Campus Community Supports Nyack Homeless Project
The campus community of students, faculty, and staff at Nyack College will support the Nyack Homeless Project again this year. The nonprofit's collection of food and warm clothing began on November 15 and runs through December 22. Their goal is to give away items to approximately 7,000 men, women, and children.
Rynae Rasley, assistant coach of Nyack women’s basketball team coordinated a drive engaging Warrior athletes and their fans, asking everyone to bring canned and non-perishable food items, new socks, hats, gloves, and toiletries. A list of drop-off locations is available to the campus community so that giving can continue throughout the holiday season.
David Julien, head women’s basketball coach says, "We want to be a part of raising awareness of issues that are so close to home. People are struggling around us every day and we tend to get too busy with our own lives. It's a small effort to help and teach our players about collective responsibility."
Nyack College faculty and staff from the Rockland and Manhattan campuses have been encouraged to bring mittens and gloves to the annual Christmas luncheon on the residential campus in Nyack on December 19. These items will also be donated to the Nyack Homeless Project.
For more information on the Nyack Homeless Project, click here.
- Every Day A Gift Concert: Music Prof and Transplant Recipient, Sungrai Sohn
- Holly Nichols: Keeping the Nyack Founder's Vision Alive
- Nyack President, Professors and Staff Are CCCU Diversity Conference Presenters
- Nyack Among Alliance Colleges Featured in Special Fall ALife
- A Prayer Walk From NYC to Chicago With ATS Alumnus Al Taylor
- Nyack Team at Sixth Annual Interfaith and Community Service Campus Challenge
- DEEPER LIFE SERIES: With Jon Tyson
- Seven Years Strong: Nyack's Rites of Passage Initiation Ceremony
- Nyack College Among Top Ethnically Diverse Regional Schools in the U.S.
- Chelsea Geyer (NC '12) Golf Classic Luncheon Speaker
- 15 Years Later...We Still Remember
- Go Fish...Again!
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary to Be Highlighted on "Pursuing God" Broadcast
- Register for the Nyack Leadership Speaker Series Lecture With Peter Irvine
- CCCU 2016 Diversity Conference at Nyack NYC
- Alumni Jazz Musicians RSVP ASAP For This Homecoming Gig
- Amanda Halter, A Lady Warrior in Germany
- Jose Heredia (NC '09) at the Rose Nagelberg Theatre in Manhattan
- Carol Ann Freeman and Bonita D'Amil...Hearts for Hungary
- Gabrielle Do Goes Global With Her Spoken Word Artistry
- Nyack College Golf Classic Returns to Historic Saint Andrew's
- Go Fish! or The Adventures of Dr. Peter Park
- ATS Dean Announces New Role: ATS Director, Dr. Louis DeCaro, Jr.
- Nyack's Historic Excavation: Something to Write Home About
- Nyack Counseling Professor and Students to be Published
- Browse Blog Archive>>