ATS Professor Receives Distinguished Service Award
Alliance Theological Seminary (ATS) and the ATS Alumni Association presented Dr. Bill Crockett (above left) with the Distinguished Service Award today at a special alumni chapel held on the Rockland County campus.
ATS Dean Dr. Ronald Walborn shared the following comments about Dr. Crockett with the audience of current students, alumni, faculty, and staff.
Saskatchewan, Canada native Dr. Bill Crockett has been affiliated with Alliance Theological Seminary since 1980, first as an adjunct professor before joining the faculty full-time.
He earned an undergraduate degree in philosophy in 1970 from the University of Winnipeg, in Canada; an M.Div. in New Testament from Princeton Theological Seminary in 1975 and a Ph.D. in New Testament 1975 from the University of Glasgow, Scotland.
Bill is a published author whose books include Four Views on Hell, now in its twenty-fifth printing; Through No Fault of Their Own: The Fate of Those Who Have Never Heard (edited with J. Sigountos); and numerous articles in Alliance Life Magazine, Decision, Christian Herald and the Journal of the Evangelical Theological Society. He also published two novels, Worlds Apart and A Celt in Rome, set in the second century Roman Empire.
His devotion to the printed word is evident in the way he has been instrumental in building the ATS library. He chaired our Library Committee for many years and secured donors to support development of our library as well.
A former pastor of Riverhead Alliance in Long Island and an associate pastor of Hitchcock Presbyterian Church in Scarsdale, NY, Bill Crockett’s academic and career accomplishments are impressive, but the true measure of this man is the lasting impact he has had on the lives he’s touched in the seminary community.
One colleague said, “I can tell you that he is available to his students 24/7. He gives them his personal cell phone number so that they can always reach him. I have heard over and over again from students that they LOVE his classes. I think it’s a combination of his humor, his knowledge, and the way he imparts it and the fact that they know he really cares about them.”
Another says, “Bill Crockett is simply a quiet lover of God, passionate, thoughtful, and wonderfully honest about his faith and his witness. Character-wise, he is the backbone of ATS. He keeps the rest of us standing straight.”
- Monday, October 20: Unearthing Magdala--Nyack College Hosts Conference for Interfaith Scholars
- RELEASE: Official Nyack Statement on Ebola
- Velocity! Debuts at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- October 17: Nyack's School of Social Work and Community Connections for Youth Release Report
- Steinway Piano Dedication With Steinway & Sons President Ron Losby and CD-60 Biographer James Barron
- Miovski and Mansfield Families Music Hall Dedicated at Nyack NYC Campus
- Official Nyack College Statement Regarding Unknown Man on Campus September 23
- Anti-Human Trafficking Art Exhibit with Susan Clinthorne and Sally Thielen at Nyack Rockland
- "A Greener NYC" to Showcase a Nyack School of Music Performance at City Hall
- Nyack College Joins the Luis Palau Association CityServe Event in Manhattan
- C&MA Church Planter Among Those Murdered in Guinea
- Alrick Brown's Award-winning Kinyarwanda Screening & Panel at Nyack NYC
- Dean Ron Walborn Interviewed on Unseminary.com
- Report on AJCO-CSGE Panel: Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- 9/11 Thirteen Years Later
- Browse Blog Archive>>