ATS Professor Receives Distinguished Service Award
Alliance Theological Seminary (ATS) and the ATS Alumni Association presented Dr. Bill Crockett (above left) with the Distinguished Service Award today at a special alumni chapel held on the Rockland County campus.
ATS Dean Dr. Ronald Walborn shared the following comments about Dr. Crockett with the audience of current students, alumni, faculty, and staff.
Saskatchewan, Canada native Dr. Bill Crockett has been affiliated with Alliance Theological Seminary since 1980, first as an adjunct professor before joining the faculty full-time.
He earned an undergraduate degree in philosophy in 1970 from the University of Winnipeg, in Canada; an M.Div. in New Testament from Princeton Theological Seminary in 1975 and a Ph.D. in New Testament 1975 from the University of Glasgow, Scotland.
Bill is a published author whose books include Four Views on Hell, now in its twenty-fifth printing; Through No Fault of Their Own: The Fate of Those Who Have Never Heard (edited with J. Sigountos); and numerous articles in Alliance Life Magazine, Decision, Christian Herald and the Journal of the Evangelical Theological Society. He also published two novels, Worlds Apart and A Celt in Rome, set in the second century Roman Empire.
His devotion to the printed word is evident in the way he has been instrumental in building the ATS library. He chaired our Library Committee for many years and secured donors to support development of our library as well.
A former pastor of Riverhead Alliance in Long Island and an associate pastor of Hitchcock Presbyterian Church in Scarsdale, NY, Bill Crockett’s academic and career accomplishments are impressive, but the true measure of this man is the lasting impact he has had on the lives he’s touched in the seminary community.
One colleague said, “I can tell you that he is available to his students 24/7. He gives them his personal cell phone number so that they can always reach him. I have heard over and over again from students that they LOVE his classes. I think it’s a combination of his humor, his knowledge, and the way he imparts it and the fact that they know he really cares about them.”
Another says, “Bill Crockett is simply a quiet lover of God, passionate, thoughtful, and wonderfully honest about his faith and his witness. Character-wise, he is the backbone of ATS. He keeps the rest of us standing straight.”
- Two Operas! Two Days! Prof. Shelley Jameson, Director
- LAST WEEKEND for Spring Production of The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon
- English Chairman Announces Publication of Fine Print
- Career Talk on Banking at Nyack College Rockland
- RELEASE: Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary Commencement 2015
- School of Music in Concert at Avery Fisher Hall, Lincoln Center
- 2016 Global Service-Learning Trips For Nyack Students
- Nyack College Rockland Chorale Spring Concert
- Nyack College Student Research Conference Winners
- Service With a Smile #NyackCityServe
- Pianist Johnny Walsh In Concert on Nyack Rockland Campus
- Music Students Minister at Morristown's Market Street Mission
- ATS Colloquium On State and Religion: The Case of Israel
- Live from New York...Nyack's School of Music at Avery Fisher Hall, Lincoln Center!
- Nyack Says Thank You to Community Sponsors
- Browse Blog Archive>>