School of Nursing Receives CCNE Accreditation
This past spring Nyack College's Cheryl Phenicie School of Nursing was visited by the Commission for Collegiate Nursing Education Evaluation Team (CCNE) .
The team’s exit interview concluded that the School of Nursing is in compliance with all four of the standards for nursing program accreditation and each of the key elements of each of these standards.
Dr. David Turk, provost and vice president of academic affairs made the following announcement today:
“A hearty congratulations to Dean Elizabeth Simon and all the faculty, staff, and students of the School of Nursing upon the granting of final accreditation by the Board of Commissioners of the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) on October 10-12, 2013. Nyack is indeed blessed to have a program of this quality and to have such excellent faculty and staff in the School of Nursing.”
Equally proud of the tireless work of his faculty and staff, President Michael G. Scales commented, "Cheryl Phenicie School of Nursing has become a significant part of Nyack College in a surprisingly short time. This accreditation is a not only a momentous achievement for our Nursing program, it is also a major milestone in the development of this great institution. We are understandably proud. More importantly, we are thankful for all those who invested, developed, supported and now operate this program that will have such a crucial role in our global community."
For more information about Nyack’s School of Nursing, click here.
- Chelsea Geyer (NC '12) Golf Tournament Luncheon Speaker
- August 31: Last Day for Early Bird Rates for CCCU 2016 Diversity Conference at Nyack NYC
- Register by September 5 for Nyack's Leadership Speaker Series
- Remembering Lavern Dantzler, Nyack Alumna and Staff Member
- Amanda Halter, A Lady Warrior in Germany
- Celebrating the Life of Rick Santiago
- Jose Heredia (NC '09) at the Rose Nagelberg Theatre in Manhattan
- Carol Ann Freeman and Bonita D'Amil...Hearts for Hungary
- Gabrielle Do Goes Global With Her Spoken Word Artistry
- Nyack College Golf Classic Returns to Historic Saint Andrew's
- Memorial Service for ATS Alum Mark Xavier Lewis
- Go Fish! or The Adventures of Dr. Peter Park
- ATS Dean Announces New Role: ATS Director, Dr. Louis DeCaro, Jr.
- Nyack's Historic Excavation: Something to Write Home About
- Nyack Counseling Professor and Students to be Published
- Nyack Reps in the Nation's Capital for Second Chance Pell Grant Meetings
- Nyack College Among Top 50 Most Diverse U.S. Campuses
- Willana Mack, Winner of the Tri-State Gospel Music Association Award
- Epoch Times Features Composer and Nyack Music Prof William Vollinger
- Associate Dean Luis Carlo Receives Kudos for Service to ATS
- JULY 10 & 14: Anthony Vaval ('16) Grad Featured on Dennis Dillon Show
- Dr. Barbara Austin-Lucas, First Female Bishop-Designate for Dunamis Covenant Connection
- Days Away from Nyack's Historic Archaeological Dig
- Carlos Cuestas ('09), A Classical Guitar Act
- Rev. Dave Nguyen and the Vietnamese Alliance Church Celebrate an Anniversary
- Browse Blog Archive>>