School of Nursing Receives CCNE Accreditation
This past spring Nyack College's Cheryl Phenicie School of Nursing was visited by the Commission for Collegiate Nursing Education Evaluation Team (CCNE) .
The team’s exit interview concluded that the School of Nursing is in compliance with all four of the standards for nursing program accreditation and each of the key elements of each of these standards.
Dr. David Turk, provost and vice president of academic affairs made the following announcement today:
“A hearty congratulations to Dean Elizabeth Simon and all the faculty, staff, and students of the School of Nursing upon the granting of final accreditation by the Board of Commissioners of the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) on October 10-12, 2013. Nyack is indeed blessed to have a program of this quality and to have such excellent faculty and staff in the School of Nursing.”
Equally proud of the tireless work of his faculty and staff, President Michael G. Scales commented, "Cheryl Phenicie School of Nursing has become a significant part of Nyack College in a surprisingly short time. This accreditation is a not only a momentous achievement for our Nursing program, it is also a major milestone in the development of this great institution. We are understandably proud. More importantly, we are thankful for all those who invested, developed, supported and now operate this program that will have such a crucial role in our global community."
For more information about Nyack’s School of Nursing, click here.
- Nyack's School of Nursing Dean, Dr. Elizabeth Simon Named a Fulbright Scholar
- Is Nyack For You? Are You for Nyack?
- Miriam Airoldi: Helping Others Find Dignity and Worth
- New Online! Master of Arts in Biblical Studies at ATS
- Into All the World!
- Social Work Degree Guide Names Nyack College to Its Top 25
- Nyack Clergy Association Hosts a Memorial Service for Charleston Nine
- Nyack's Moseley Field Turns Heliport for New York's Governor
- Nyack Softball Players Make CACC All-Academic Team
- Nyack College Students in National Masterworks Festival Chorus at Carnegie Hall
- New Major at Nyack: BA in Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Charles Galbreath, a 2015 C&MA Council Speaker
- Rock-o-Nomix Team: You Voted! They Won!
- New York City Fish Count
- 2015 Empower Ceremony
- Browse Blog Archive>>