Fall Colloquium Series at Nyack New York City
The Nyack College Fall Colloquium Series in Manhattan, “Faith and Society,” featured Dr. Fernando Arzola, Jr., dean of Nyack's College of Arts and Sciences and senior pastor of The First Reformed Church of Nyack in downtown Nyack, NY.
Dr. Arzola launched the series entitled, “The Relevance of Faith in Society and addressed the questions, "Is culture good or bad? Should Christians embrace it or reject it? How do one’s cultural assumptions color a Christian’s perspective of theological and social engagement?”
Using H. Richard Niebuhr’s classic text, Christ and Culture, Dr. Arzola examined Niebuhr’s typology regarding the historical Christian response to culture and use it as a foundation for an engaged-dialogue with the audience in order to 1) explore the breath of cultural perspectives and presuppositions and 2) to consider (or reconsider) how one might engage faith with society."
The event was sponsored by the Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement, the Nyack New York City Office of Student Development, and the College of Arts and Sciences.
- May 9: Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary 2015 Commencement
- Gone Fishing...
- Nyack Manhattan Welcomes High School Music Students from Michigan
- Help Rockonomix Team Nyack Win. Vote Today!
- Twenty-five Nyack College Contributors to SEA-PHAGES Research
- Men's Golf Team Headed to 2015 NCAA Championship Competition
- Two Operas! Two Days! Prof. Shelley Jameson, Director
- LAST WEEKEND for Spring Production of The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon
- English Chairman Announces Publication of Fine Print
- Career Talk on Banking at Nyack College Rockland
- School of Music in Concert at Avery Fisher Hall, Lincoln Center
- 2016 Global Service-Learning Trips For Nyack Students
- Nyack College Rockland Chorale Spring Concert
- Nyack College Student Research Conference Winners
- Service With a Smile #NyackCityServe
- Browse Blog Archive>>