Fall Colloquium Series at Nyack New York City
The Nyack College Fall Colloquium Series in Manhattan, “Faith and Society,” featured Dr. Fernando Arzola, Jr., dean of Nyack's College of Arts and Sciences and senior pastor of The First Reformed Church of Nyack in downtown Nyack, NY.
Dr. Arzola launched the series entitled, “The Relevance of Faith in Society and addressed the questions, "Is culture good or bad? Should Christians embrace it or reject it? How do one’s cultural assumptions color a Christian’s perspective of theological and social engagement?”
Using H. Richard Niebuhr’s classic text, Christ and Culture, Dr. Arzola examined Niebuhr’s typology regarding the historical Christian response to culture and use it as a foundation for an engaged-dialogue with the audience in order to 1) explore the breath of cultural perspectives and presuppositions and 2) to consider (or reconsider) how one might engage faith with society."
The event was sponsored by the Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement, the Nyack New York City Office of Student Development, and the College of Arts and Sciences.
- Nyack Baseball Team Collecting Baseball Gloves for Sports Clinic in Mexico
- Global Service-Learning 2015
- Peace and Hope Visit Nyack Rockland
- Hudson Link, TEDxSing Sing and Nyack College in New York Times Feature
- Sophia Institute Conference Features Nyack NYC Faculty
- Mandela Day Celebration at Nyack
- Storm Glautier Named CACC Rep to the National Student-Athlete Advisory Committee
- Memorial Concerts Honoring Professor Emeritus Ralph Ellenberger (1934-2014)
- Leadership Rockland Multicultural Communities Day Kicks Off at Nyack College
- Chamberfest at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- Nyack Rockland Colloquium Series Features Dr. K. Kale Yu
- NYACK NYC: Forgive Us...Confessions of a Compromised Faith--Book and Panel Discussion
- Fall 2014 Nyack's Scholars Symposium
- Nyack Students Up For The Challenge
- The Jubilee Chorus Performs at The Bowery Mission
- Browse Blog Archive>>