An Inaugural ATS Korean Alumni Conference
The inaugural Alliance Theological Seminary Korean Alumni Conference was held recently at Kum-Kang-San Restaurant in Flushing, New York. Well-attended by ATS graduates and their spouses, this gathering was organized to provide a platform for Korean alumni to connect with each other to strengthen their ministries and to encourage financial support of current ATS Korean students.
An estimated 300 Koreans have studied and graduated from ATS to date and currently serve as pastors, missionaries, professors, and workers in diverse Christian organizations around the world. With some 30 Koreans graduating every year, the ATS Korean legacy will continue to grow even stronger.
Rev. Ung Gul Lee (‘84) and Dr. Gil Kim (’85), the first two ATS Korean graduates, were among the nearly 100 attendees. Dr. Kim gave an especially encouraging message during the worship service. Congratulatory remarks were made by Dr. Ron Walborn, dean of ATS and Rev. Hector Ramirez, president of the ATS Alumni Association.
At this meeting Rev. Daniel Kim (’92), the senior pastor of New Jersey Manna Church, was elected as the first president of the ATS Korean Alumni Association. Rev. Soo Tae Kim (’94), the senior pastor at Little Flock Church of New York, became the vice president. Dr. Haeng Ja Suh (’94), the oldest female graduate, was named the auditor.
- Friday, May 29: Nyack Alumnus Charles Galbreath, a 2015 C&MA Council Speaker
- Nyack NYC Rock-o-Nomix Team: You Voted! They Won!
- Nyack College/ATS Empower 2015
- New York City Fish Count
- Tappan Zee Bridge Evening Travel Advisory May 18-22
- 2015 Hudson River Pianofest at Nyack College Rockland
- Nyack ATS Commencement 2015
- Bench Dedication Procession to Memorial Park Led by Nyack College Music Students
- A Rite of Passage to Womanhood for 25 Nyack Seniors
- ACL Student Research Award Winner
- New Beta Psi Chapter of Chi Alpha Epsilon Honor Society Members Inducted
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary 2015 Commencement
- Gone Fishing...
- A Day of Master Classes and Music Clinics for High School Music Students from Michigan
- Twenty-five Nyack College Contributors to SEA-PHAGES Research
- Browse Blog Archive>>