An Inaugural ATS Korean Alumni Conference
The inaugural Alliance Theological Seminary Korean Alumni Conference was held recently at Kum-Kang-San Restaurant in Flushing, New York. Well-attended by ATS graduates and their spouses, this gathering was organized to provide a platform for Korean alumni to connect with each other to strengthen their ministries and to encourage financial support of current ATS Korean students.
An estimated 300 Koreans have studied and graduated from ATS to date and currently serve as pastors, missionaries, professors, and workers in diverse Christian organizations around the world. With some 30 Koreans graduating every year, the ATS Korean legacy will continue to grow even stronger.
Rev. Ung Gul Lee (‘84) and Dr. Gil Kim (’85), the first two ATS Korean graduates, were among the nearly 100 attendees. Dr. Kim gave an especially encouraging message during the worship service. Congratulatory remarks were made by Dr. Ron Walborn, dean of ATS and Rev. Hector Ramirez, president of the ATS Alumni Association.
At this meeting Rev. Daniel Kim (’92), the senior pastor of New Jersey Manna Church, was elected as the first president of the ATS Korean Alumni Association. Rev. Soo Tae Kim (’94), the senior pastor at Little Flock Church of New York, became the vice president. Dr. Haeng Ja Suh (’94), the oldest female graduate, was named the auditor.
- Two Operas! Two Days! Prof. Shelley Jameson, Director
- LAST WEEKEND for Spring Production of The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon
- English Chairman Announces Publication of Fine Print
- Career Talk on Banking at Nyack College Rockland
- RELEASE: Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary Commencement 2015
- School of Music in Concert at Avery Fisher Hall, Lincoln Center
- 2016 Global Service-Learning Trips For Nyack Students
- Nyack College Rockland Chorale Spring Concert
- Nyack College Student Research Conference Winners
- Service With a Smile #NyackCityServe
- Pianist Johnny Walsh In Concert on Nyack Rockland Campus
- Music Students Minister at Morristown's Market Street Mission
- ATS Colloquium On State and Religion: The Case of Israel
- Live from New York...Nyack's School of Music at Avery Fisher Hall, Lincoln Center!
- Nyack Says Thank You to Community Sponsors
- Browse Blog Archive>>