An Inaugural ATS Korean Alumni Conference
The inaugural Alliance Theological Seminary Korean Alumni Conference was held recently at Kum-Kang-San Restaurant in Flushing, New York. Well-attended by ATS graduates and their spouses, this gathering was organized to provide a platform for Korean alumni to connect with each other to strengthen their ministries and to encourage financial support of current ATS Korean students.
An estimated 300 Koreans have studied and graduated from ATS to date and currently serve as pastors, missionaries, professors, and workers in diverse Christian organizations around the world. With some 30 Koreans graduating every year, the ATS Korean legacy will continue to grow even stronger.
Rev. Ung Gul Lee (‘84) and Dr. Gil Kim (’85), the first two ATS Korean graduates, were among the nearly 100 attendees. Dr. Kim gave an especially encouraging message during the worship service. Congratulatory remarks were made by Dr. Ron Walborn, dean of ATS and Rev. Hector Ramirez, president of the ATS Alumni Association.
At this meeting Rev. Daniel Kim (’92), the senior pastor of New Jersey Manna Church, was elected as the first president of the ATS Korean Alumni Association. Rev. Soo Tae Kim (’94), the senior pastor at Little Flock Church of New York, became the vice president. Dr. Haeng Ja Suh (’94), the oldest female graduate, was named the auditor.
- TONIGHT IN ROCKLAND: Nyack's WNYK 88.7FM Launch Party
- 2016 CCCU Diversity Conference
- Coming to Nyack: A Science & Technology Entry Program (STEP) for Youth
- Every Day A Gift Concert: Music Prof and Transplant Recipient, Sungrai Sohn
- Holly Nichols: Keeping the Nyack Founder's Vision Alive
- Nyack President, Professors and Staff Are CCCU Diversity Conference Presenters
- Nyack Among Alliance Colleges Featured in Special Fall ALife
- A Prayer Walk From NYC to Chicago With ATS Alumnus Al Taylor
- Nyack Team at Sixth Annual Interfaith and Community Service Campus Challenge
- DEEPER LIFE SERIES: With Jon Tyson
- Seven Years Strong: Nyack's Rites of Passage Initiation Ceremony
- Nyack College Among Top Ethnically Diverse Regional Schools in the U.S.
- Chelsea Geyer (NC '12) Golf Classic Luncheon Speaker
- 15 Years Later...We Still Remember
- Go Fish...Again!
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary to Be Highlighted on "Pursuing God" Broadcast
- Register for the Nyack Leadership Speaker Series Lecture With Peter Irvine
- CCCU 2016 Diversity Conference at Nyack NYC
- Alumni Jazz Musicians RSVP ASAP For This Homecoming Gig
- Amanda Halter, A Lady Warrior in Germany
- Jose Heredia (NC '09) at the Rose Nagelberg Theatre in Manhattan
- Carol Ann Freeman and Bonita D'Amil...Hearts for Hungary
- Gabrielle Do Goes Global With Her Spoken Word Artistry
- Nyack College Golf Classic Returns to Historic Saint Andrew's
- Go Fish! or The Adventures of Dr. Peter Park
- Browse Blog Archive>>