Brooklyn Tabernacle Service Blankets Nyack/ATS With Prayer
Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary (ATS) was ushered into its 2013-2014 academic year covered with prayer during a service last night at Brooklyn Tabernacle in downtown Brooklyn at the invitation of the non-denominational congregation’s leadership.
In the absence of Senior Pastor Jim Cymbala, Associate Pastor Tim Dilena, led a power-packed gathering. While the customary worship and corporate prayer for the needs of people in their congregation and from across the nation remained a central focus, the compassion and care for the work of Nyack/ATS under the leadership of President Michael Scales was evident in this prayer service.
It was an unforgettably poignant moment when Pastor Dilena singled out Rev. Charles Hammond, an associate pastor at Brooklyn Tabernacle and also the associate dean of students at Nyack's New York City campus, to recognize the work he has diligently carried out at the church and at the college. He then called President Scales, along with Manhattan and Rockland campus administrators, faculty, and staff from their seats to the altar where Brooklyn Tab church workers literally stood with each man and woman. An inspired prayer was led by 2008 ATS alumnus and a pastoral team member at the church, Alexander Burgos, for the success of the new academic year, the financial and academic needs of the students, the skills and contributions of faculty and staff, resources for the institution, and the wisdom necessary for the success of the new Battery Park campus.
- 2016 New York State Student Aid Advocacy Day
- School of Music Invites Faculty and Staff to Join Chorale Performance
- Rave Review for New Album by Nyack NYC Alumnus Glauco Lima
- Spring Semester 2016 Deeper Life Series With Dr. Stanley John
- Gone Too Soon: Jonathan Perez (NC '09)
- Nyack's School of Social Work and Praxis Connections Partner on Leadership Forums
- Remembering Nyack Professor Emeritus, Dr. Eldon "Woody" Woodcock (1930-2016)
- Empower 2016 Open House
- Rockland County Colleges Partner on a Black History Month MLK Oratory Contest
- Remembering Longtime Nyack Friend, Dr. Susan G. Gordon
- Nyack's Literary Journal, The Fine Print, Announces Submissions Deadline
- Neil Anderson Conference at Nyack Sold Out!
- January 29-30: Discipleship Conference With Neil Anderson at Nyack
- Nyack School of Music Profs and Alumni in Rockland Camerata Concert
- Nyack Alumnus Pens Book on First C&MA Mission Field
- 2016 Nyack Alumni & Friends Phonathon
- RELEASE: Nyack Receives Education Excellence Award from Beraca Baptist Church
- Remembering Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Basketball Teams Visit Upper Nyack Elementary School
- Nyack's Social Justice Celebration--An Important Change
- Dr. Elizabeth Swanson Voted a National Collegiate Choral Organization Officer
- Joseph and Mary of Bethlehem at ATS
- Congratulations to Our December 2015 Graduates!
- Conference on the Role of Faith in the Practice of Medicine
- Nyack Women's Soccer Team Assists With YMCA Clinics
- Browse Blog Archive>>