Nyack College Confers Degrees at Fishkill Correctional Facility
Twenty graduates received the Bachelor of Science in Organizational Management from Nyack College before an audience gathered at Fishkill Correctional Facility in Fishkill, NY on Tuesday, August 27. Actor, (The Ex, Beethoven, Beethoven's 2nd), activist, and former talk show host, Charles Grodin, was the commencement speaker.
This graduation ceremony was just a snapshot of the personal transformation that represents Nyack’s advocacy for prison education and the partnership formed with Hudson Link for Higher Education in Prison, headed by 2001 Nyack alumnus, Sean Pica. For the first time in the history of the Hudson Link program, which was founded in 1998, two 2013 graduates earned their degrees with distinction.
We salute the tenacity and diligence of these 20 new Nyack alumni as well as the commitment of the administrators, faculty, donors, and families who invested in lives who are not locked out of the opportunity for higher education.
To learn more about the history and work of Hudson Link, click here.
- JANUARY 30: Office of Spiritual Formation Presents Andrew Palau
- Photographer Babita Patel Captures the Spirit of Nyack's Hudson Link Graduation
- C&MA Metro District Grant Supports Training for Emerging Leaders at Nyack/ATS
- RELEASE: Nyack College Degrees to 24 Fishkill Correctional Facility Grads
- Nyack College Represented at NYC Police Commissioner Bill Bratton's Meeting With Clergy
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Teams Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary
- Celebrating the Legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- LoHud Trumpets Nyack's Upcoming Social Justice Celebration
- RELEASE: Nyack's Social Justice Celebration Marks 10th Anniversary
- Nyack Welcomes New Manhattan and Rockland Campus Students With Orientations
- Nyack Baseball Team Collecting Baseball Gloves for Sports Clinic in Mexico
- Global Service-Learning 2015
- Peace and Hope Visit Nyack Rockland
- Hudson Link, TEDxSing Sing and Nyack College in New York Times Feature
- Browse Blog Archive>>