Nyack College Confers Degrees at Fishkill Correctional Facility
Twenty graduates received the Bachelor of Science in Organizational Management from Nyack College before an audience gathered at Fishkill Correctional Facility in Fishkill, NY on Tuesday, August 27. Actor, (The Ex, Beethoven, Beethoven's 2nd), activist, and former talk show host, Charles Grodin, was the commencement speaker.
This graduation ceremony was just a snapshot of the personal transformation that represents Nyack’s advocacy for prison education and the partnership formed with Hudson Link for Higher Education in Prison, headed by 2001 Nyack alumnus, Sean Pica. For the first time in the history of the Hudson Link program, which was founded in 1998, two 2013 graduates earned their degrees with distinction.
We salute the tenacity and diligence of these 20 new Nyack alumni as well as the commitment of the administrators, faculty, donors, and families who invested in lives who are not locked out of the opportunity for higher education.
To learn more about the history and work of Hudson Link, click here.
- American Cancer Society Rates Nyack a Top-Ranking NY Institution With Tobacco-Free Policies
- Grace Prescriptions: Seminars for Healthcare Professionals at Nyack NYC
- December School of Music Concerts in Manhattan and in Rockland
- Nyack College Welcomes 2016 Leadership Rockland Cohort for Multi-cultural Communities Day
- Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Conference Proceedings Published
- Chad Needs Your Votes! (Every Day Until November 30)
- School of Education Authors Release Books on Self-Regulation
- Chelsea Geyer ('12) Director of DC127, a Colloquium Guest Speaker
- ATS Alum and Author, Dimas Salaberrios, in Paris
- New Partnership With An Old Friend: Pastor Lesly Milord
- Nyack's Brittany Cruz Heads to Practice With Women's Olympic Pre-National Team
- Reading the New Testament as Second Temple Jewish Literature
- Author Deb Hirsch of Missio Alliance at Nyack/ATS
- Nyack Salutes Our Nation's Veterans
- 7th Scholars Symposium: In Search of the Meaning of Work
- A Nyack College First: Student Cyber Security Team
- A Showcase of Academic Excellence: Nyack's Scholars Symposium
- Fulbright Ambassador Brian Polkinghorn Visits Nyack College
- National Nursing Exam Scores on a Strong and Steady Rise
- Alumni of the Year Award Honorees Across the Decades
- Nyack on U.S. News & World Report 2016 Best Colleges Diversity List
- AWF President Visits Nyack/ATS Rockland
- MA in Mental Health Counseling Online Approved by NYS Education Department
- Peter Irvine, 2015 School of Business and Leadership Keynote Speaker
- Official Statement in Response to Media Announced Law Suit
- Browse Blog Archive>>