OFFICIAL STATEMENT: June 4 Incident at Nyack College Rockland
Today at approximately 11:45 a.m., there was an explosion at Nyack College in Sky Island Lodge, a building that houses the School of Business and Leadership, on the Rockland County campus. There was no fire associated with the explosion.
Five employees and two adult students were in the building at the time and all are accounted for. There were injuries, but no fatalities. All individuals were taken to the hospital for examination as a precautionary measure.
At this time the cause is still unknown. Local utility and fire safety professionals are currently investigating the cause of the explosion. For several hours after the explosion surrounding buildings were evacuated as a safety measure. As of 2:30 p.m., personnel will be permitted to reenter the campus facilities.
The College would like to thank first responders--including police, fire, and medical emergency personnel.
For media inquiries and additional information, contact Deborah Walker, director of publications and media relations at Deborah.Walker@nyack.edu.
- Two Operas! Two Days! Prof. Shelley Jameson, Director
- LAST WEEKEND for Spring Production of The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon
- English Chairman Announces Publication of Fine Print
- Career Talk on Banking at Nyack College Rockland
- RELEASE: Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary Commencement 2015
- School of Music in Concert at Avery Fisher Hall, Lincoln Center
- 2016 Global Service-Learning Trips For Nyack Students
- Nyack College Rockland Chorale Spring Concert
- Nyack College Student Research Conference Winners
- Service With a Smile #NyackCityServe
- Pianist Johnny Walsh In Concert on Nyack Rockland Campus
- Music Students Minister at Morristown's Market Street Mission
- ATS Colloquium On State and Religion: The Case of Israel
- Live from New York...Nyack's School of Music at Avery Fisher Hall, Lincoln Center!
- Nyack Says Thank You to Community Sponsors
- Browse Blog Archive>>