OFFICIAL STATEMENT: June 4 Incident at Nyack College Rockland
Today at approximately 11:45 a.m., there was an explosion at Nyack College in Sky Island Lodge, a building that houses the School of Business and Leadership, on the Rockland County campus. There was no fire associated with the explosion.
Five employees and two adult students were in the building at the time and all are accounted for. There were injuries, but no fatalities. All individuals were taken to the hospital for examination as a precautionary measure.
At this time the cause is still unknown. Local utility and fire safety professionals are currently investigating the cause of the explosion. For several hours after the explosion surrounding buildings were evacuated as a safety measure. As of 2:30 p.m., personnel will be permitted to reenter the campus facilities.
The College would like to thank first responders--including police, fire, and medical emergency personnel.
For media inquiries and additional information, contact Deborah Walker, director of publications and media relations at Deborah.Walker@nyack.edu.
- Nyack's School of Nursing Dean, Dr. Elizabeth Simon Named a Fulbright Scholar
- Is Nyack For You? Are You for Nyack?
- Miriam Airoldi: Helping Others Find Dignity and Worth
- New Online! Master of Arts in Biblical Studies at ATS
- Into All the World!
- Social Work Degree Guide Names Nyack College to Its Top 25
- Nyack Clergy Association Hosts a Memorial Service for Charleston Nine
- Nyack's Moseley Field Turns Heliport for New York's Governor
- Nyack Softball Players Make CACC All-Academic Team
- Nyack College Students in National Masterworks Festival Chorus at Carnegie Hall
- New Major at Nyack: BA in Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Charles Galbreath, a 2015 C&MA Council Speaker
- Rock-o-Nomix Team: You Voted! They Won!
- New York City Fish Count
- 2015 Empower Ceremony
- Browse Blog Archive>>