OFFICIAL STATEMENT: June 4 Incident at Nyack College Rockland
Today at approximately 11:45 a.m., there was an explosion at Nyack College in Sky Island Lodge, a building that houses the School of Business and Leadership, on the Rockland County campus. There was no fire associated with the explosion.
Five employees and two adult students were in the building at the time and all are accounted for. There were injuries, but no fatalities. All individuals were taken to the hospital for examination as a precautionary measure.
At this time the cause is still unknown. Local utility and fire safety professionals are currently investigating the cause of the explosion. For several hours after the explosion surrounding buildings were evacuated as a safety measure. As of 2:30 p.m., personnel will be permitted to reenter the campus facilities.
The College would like to thank first responders--including police, fire, and medical emergency personnel.
For media inquiries and additional information, contact Deborah Walker, director of publications and media relations at Deborah.Walker@nyack.edu.
- TODAY: "A Greener NYC" to Showcase a Nyack School of Music Performance at City Hall
- LAST DAY to Shop for Nyack Warrior Gear Online
- Nyack College Joins the Luis Palau Association CityServe Event in Manhattan
- RELEASE: Steinway Piano Dedication With Author/NY Times Reporter James Barron
- C&MA Church Planter Among Those Murdered in Guinea
- Alrick Brown's Award-winning Kinyarwanda Screening & Panel at Nyack NYC
- Dean Ron Walborn Interviewed on Unseminary.com
- RELEASE: October 20 Unearthing Magdala, An Ancient Judaism & Christian Origins Conference
- Report on AJCO-CSGE Panel: Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- 9/11 Thirteen Years Later
- Jewish and Christian Perspectives on Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- HEOP Continues at Nyack Rockland and Launches at Nyack NYC
- India Trip for Nyack School of Nursing Combines Study With Outreach
- A Call to Prayer September 1-7 by C&MA President John Stumbo
- True Confessions or A Half Century-Old Mystery to be Unveiled at Homecoming 2014!
- Browse Blog Archive>>