Nyack, "A Great College Work For" Celebrates 2012-2013 With Faculty and Staff
Nyack College recenlty held its annual end of the year luncheon for full-time faculty and staff. The large number of employees with decades of service is evidence of why Nyack has been named twice by The Chronicle of Higher Education (2011, 2012) a “Great College to Work For.”
Dr. Glenn Koponen, dean of the School of Music has been a Nyack employee for 45 years. Dr. David Turk, provost and vice president of academic affairs has worn several hats at Nyack for the past 35 years. Nyack’s IT director, Mr. Kevin Buel and School of Music professor Dr. Tammy Lum have been employees for 25 years.
Service awards were also presented to Dr. Jonathan Gates, Dr. Leonard Kageler, Prof. Linda Poston, and Ms. Cindy Reeder, each employed at Nyack for 20 years. Other special awards included Enrollment Services Associate of the Year: Julie Hodsdon; Online Educator of the Year: Lisa Steiner; Nyack.edu Web Engagement Award: Sarah Samson; SFS Associate of the Year: Matthew Moroney; Coach of the Year: Raquel Shaffer, Student Development Professional of the Year: Amisadai Martinez; and Faculty Award for Support of Information Literacy and Critical Thinking: Michael Huster.
Promotions for Dr. Gordon Boronow, Dr. James Chin, Dr. Sue Hartl, and Dr. Elizabeth Simon were announced. Dr. Amy Davis and Dr. Sue Hartl were awarded tenure.
The Fifth Annual Commitment to Mission Award was also presented to one faculty member and one staff member. The award celebrates individual accomplishments, alignment with the five institutional core values, and development and achievement in specific areas of strategic importance to Nyack College.
This year awardees were Professor James Muckell (faculty, above right) and Mr. Earl Miller (staff, above left) for being bridge-builders with organizations off campus as well as the surrounding community.
Prof. Muckell was a point person on campus who worked through his home church with Samaritan’s Purse in post Hurricane Sandy outreach in the Tri-state area organizing groups of volunteers. Mr. Miller, has over several years been a campus liaison with church, government, and community organizations.
Pictures from the luncheon can be found here.
- Days Away from Nyack's Historic Archaeological Dig
- Carlos Cuestas ('09), A Classical Guitar Act
- Rev. Dave Nguyen and the Vietnamese Alliance Church Celebrate an Anniversary
- Honoring the Life of Dr. Thomas P. Bailey, Sr.
- Nyack College Among 67 Schools Participating in the Second Chance Program
- iSucceed at Nyack Is a School of Music Success
- Lauren Lebo Named 2016 Women's Lacrosse Coaches Association’s Division II Scholar-Athlete of the Year!
- Dr. Gabriel Salguero, Former Alliance Theological Seminary Professor Comforts Floridians
- Biola U Students Welcomed to Nyack's Battery Park/Wall Street Prayer Meeting
- Music Alumni Perform With Shining Lights Prison Ministry Tour
- Live at Carnegie Hall...Nyack College NYC Chorale!
- Nyack -- A Founding Partner of the Fair Chance Higher Education Pledge
- Daniela Guirola (NC '15) Gives Music Project Proceeds to Guatemalan Non-Profit
- Lynette Rhett, Nyack NYC Student Releases CD--Come Jesus Come
- Distance Ed Roster Grows at Nyack /ATS
- Sat., June 4: Top 10 Tips on the Great Fish Count from Dr. Peter Park
- Nyack NYC School of Music's "Purpose" Performs at Essex Alliance Church
- YouVersion Founder Bobby Gruenewald Calls Nyack/ATS Grads World Changers
- Nyack Student Government Recognizes Campus Leaders
- Commencement Guests Share Appreciation for Nyack's Mission
- Celebrating Commencement 2016
- Parents of Youth 7-18! Check Out Summer Sports Camps at Nyack
- Zahir Edwards (1996-2016)...President Scales Pays Tribute to a Nyack Warrior
- Nyack Represented at Education Financing Forum
- Nyack Students and Faculty Perform in Musikabend
- Browse Blog Archive>>