Nyack, "A Great College Work For" Celebrates 2012-2013 With Faculty and Staff
Nyack College recenlty held its annual end of the year luncheon for full-time faculty and staff. The large number of employees with decades of service is evidence of why Nyack has been named twice by The Chronicle of Higher Education (2011, 2012) a “Great College to Work For.”
Dr. Glenn Koponen, dean of the School of Music has been a Nyack employee for 45 years. Dr. David Turk, provost and vice president of academic affairs has worn several hats at Nyack for the past 35 years. Nyack’s IT director, Mr. Kevin Buel and School of Music professor Dr. Tammy Lum have been employees for 25 years.
Service awards were also presented to Dr. Jonathan Gates, Dr. Leonard Kageler, Prof. Linda Poston, and Ms. Cindy Reeder, each employed at Nyack for 20 years. Other special awards included Enrollment Services Associate of the Year: Julie Hodsdon; Online Educator of the Year: Lisa Steiner; Nyack.edu Web Engagement Award: Sarah Samson; SFS Associate of the Year: Matthew Moroney; Coach of the Year: Raquel Shaffer, Student Development Professional of the Year: Amisadai Martinez; and Faculty Award for Support of Information Literacy and Critical Thinking: Michael Huster.
Promotions for Dr. Gordon Boronow, Dr. James Chin, Dr. Sue Hartl, and Dr. Elizabeth Simon were announced. Dr. Amy Davis and Dr. Sue Hartl were awarded tenure.
The Fifth Annual Commitment to Mission Award was also presented to one faculty member and one staff member. The award celebrates individual accomplishments, alignment with the five institutional core values, and development and achievement in specific areas of strategic importance to Nyack College.
This year awardees were Professor James Muckell (faculty, above right) and Mr. Earl Miller (staff, above left) for being bridge-builders with organizations off campus as well as the surrounding community.
Prof. Muckell was a point person on campus who worked through his home church with Samaritan’s Purse in post Hurricane Sandy outreach in the Tri-state area organizing groups of volunteers. Mr. Miller, has over several years been a campus liaison with church, government, and community organizations.
Pictures from the luncheon can be found here.
- MAY 30: New York City Fish Count
- Nyack Alumnus Charles Galbreath, a 2015 C&MA Council Speaker
- Nyack NYC Rock-o-Nomix Team: You Voted! They Won!
- Nyack College/ATS Empower 2015
- 2015 Hudson River Pianofest at Nyack College Rockland
- Nyack ATS Commencement 2015
- Bench Dedication Procession to Memorial Park Led by Nyack College Music Students
- A Rite of Passage to Womanhood for 25 Nyack Seniors
- ACL Student Research Award Winner
- New Beta Psi Chapter of Chi Alpha Epsilon Honor Society Members Inducted
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary 2015 Commencement
- Gone Fishing...
- A Day of Master Classes and Music Clinics for High School Music Students from Michigan
- Twenty-five Nyack College Contributors to SEA-PHAGES Research
- Men's Golf Team Headed to 2015 NCAA Championship Competition
- Browse Blog Archive>>