Nyack, "A Great College Work For" Celebrates 2012-2013 With Faculty and Staff
Nyack College recenlty held its annual end of the year luncheon for full-time faculty and staff. The large number of employees with decades of service is evidence of why Nyack has been named twice by The Chronicle of Higher Education (2011, 2012) a “Great College to Work For.”
Dr. Glenn Koponen, dean of the School of Music has been a Nyack employee for 45 years. Dr. David Turk, provost and vice president of academic affairs has worn several hats at Nyack for the past 35 years. Nyack’s IT director, Mr. Kevin Buel and School of Music professor Dr. Tammy Lum have been employees for 25 years.
Service awards were also presented to Dr. Jonathan Gates, Dr. Leonard Kageler, Prof. Linda Poston, and Ms. Cindy Reeder, each employed at Nyack for 20 years. Other special awards included Enrollment Services Associate of the Year: Julie Hodsdon; Online Educator of the Year: Lisa Steiner; Nyack.edu Web Engagement Award: Sarah Samson; SFS Associate of the Year: Matthew Moroney; Coach of the Year: Raquel Shaffer, Student Development Professional of the Year: Amisadai Martinez; and Faculty Award for Support of Information Literacy and Critical Thinking: Michael Huster.
Promotions for Dr. Gordon Boronow, Dr. James Chin, Dr. Sue Hartl, and Dr. Elizabeth Simon were announced. Dr. Amy Davis and Dr. Sue Hartl were awarded tenure.
The Fifth Annual Commitment to Mission Award was also presented to one faculty member and one staff member. The award celebrates individual accomplishments, alignment with the five institutional core values, and development and achievement in specific areas of strategic importance to Nyack College.
This year awardees were Professor James Muckell (faculty, above right) and Mr. Earl Miller (staff, above left) for being bridge-builders with organizations off campus as well as the surrounding community.
Prof. Muckell was a point person on campus who worked through his home church with Samaritan’s Purse in post Hurricane Sandy outreach in the Tri-state area organizing groups of volunteers. Mr. Miller, has over several years been a campus liaison with church, government, and community organizations.
Pictures from the luncheon can be found here.
- The Loss of AGSC Colleague, Dr. James Chin
- School of Music: Trading Textbooks for iPads
- RELEASE: Nyack's 2015 Golf Classic at Saint Andrew's Golf
- Peter Rohdin: Responding to God's Call
- Women Warrior Teams Honored for Sportsmanship...the Ninth Straight Year
- Nyack/ATS Loses a Dear Friend
- Nyack College Represented in Journal News STEM Education Feature
- RELEASE: iSucceed at Nyack College
- TBN Segment With Nyack Students Airs on Homelessness in NYC
- RELEASE: Chronicle of Higher Ed Names Nyack a "2015 Great College to Work For"
- Fall 2015 Launch for School of Social Work's New MSW Program at Nyack
- Nursing School Students Volunteer at Walter Hoving Home
- Lauren Lebo, NCAA Division II Lacrosse Champ
- Nyack Manhattan Campus Students on Trinity Broadcasting Network
- Nyack's School of Nursing Dean, Dr. Elizabeth Simon Named a Fulbright Scholar
- Is Nyack For You? Are You for Nyack?
- Miriam Airoldi: Helping Others Find Dignity and Worth
- New Online! Master of Arts in Biblical Studies at ATS
- Into All the World!
- Social Work Degree Guide Names Nyack College to Its Top 25
- Nyack Clergy Association Hosts a Memorial Service for Charleston Nine
- Nyack's Moseley Field Turns Heliport for New York's Governor
- Nyack Softball Players Make CACC All-Academic Team
- Nyack College Students in National Masterworks Festival Chorus at Carnegie Hall
- New Major at Nyack: BA in Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Browse Blog Archive>>