Nyack, "A Great College Work For" Celebrates 2012-2013 With Faculty and Staff
Nyack College recenlty held its annual end of the year luncheon for full-time faculty and staff. The large number of employees with decades of service is evidence of why Nyack has been named twice by The Chronicle of Higher Education (2011, 2012) a “Great College to Work For.”
Dr. Glenn Koponen, dean of the School of Music has been a Nyack employee for 45 years. Dr. David Turk, provost and vice president of academic affairs has worn several hats at Nyack for the past 35 years. Nyack’s IT director, Mr. Kevin Buel and School of Music professor Dr. Tammy Lum have been employees for 25 years.
Service awards were also presented to Dr. Jonathan Gates, Dr. Leonard Kageler, Prof. Linda Poston, and Ms. Cindy Reeder, each employed at Nyack for 20 years. Other special awards included Enrollment Services Associate of the Year: Julie Hodsdon; Online Educator of the Year: Lisa Steiner; Nyack.edu Web Engagement Award: Sarah Samson; SFS Associate of the Year: Matthew Moroney; Coach of the Year: Raquel Shaffer, Student Development Professional of the Year: Amisadai Martinez; and Faculty Award for Support of Information Literacy and Critical Thinking: Michael Huster.
Promotions for Dr. Gordon Boronow, Dr. James Chin, Dr. Sue Hartl, and Dr. Elizabeth Simon were announced. Dr. Amy Davis and Dr. Sue Hartl were awarded tenure.
The Fifth Annual Commitment to Mission Award was also presented to one faculty member and one staff member. The award celebrates individual accomplishments, alignment with the five institutional core values, and development and achievement in specific areas of strategic importance to Nyack College.
This year awardees were Professor James Muckell (faculty, above right) and Mr. Earl Miller (staff, above left) for being bridge-builders with organizations off campus as well as the surrounding community.
Prof. Muckell was a point person on campus who worked through his home church with Samaritan’s Purse in post Hurricane Sandy outreach in the Tri-state area organizing groups of volunteers. Mr. Miller, has over several years been a campus liaison with church, government, and community organizations.
Pictures from the luncheon can be found here.
- American Cancer Society Rates Nyack a Top-Ranking NY Institution With Tobacco-Free Policies
- Grace Prescriptions: Seminars for Healthcare Professionals at Nyack NYC
- December School of Music Concerts in Manhattan and in Rockland
- Nyack College Welcomes 2016 Leadership Rockland Cohort for Multi-cultural Communities Day
- Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Conference Proceedings Published
- Chad Needs Your Votes! (Every Day Until November 30)
- School of Education Authors Release Books on Self-Regulation
- Chelsea Geyer ('12) Director of DC127, a Colloquium Guest Speaker
- ATS Alum and Author, Dimas Salaberrios, in Paris
- New Partnership With An Old Friend: Pastor Lesly Milord
- Nyack's Brittany Cruz Heads to Practice With Women's Olympic Pre-National Team
- Reading the New Testament as Second Temple Jewish Literature
- Author Deb Hirsch of Missio Alliance at Nyack/ATS
- Nyack Salutes Our Nation's Veterans
- 7th Scholars Symposium: In Search of the Meaning of Work
- A Nyack College First: Student Cyber Security Team
- A Showcase of Academic Excellence: Nyack's Scholars Symposium
- Fulbright Ambassador Brian Polkinghorn Visits Nyack College
- National Nursing Exam Scores on a Strong and Steady Rise
- Alumni of the Year Award Honorees Across the Decades
- Nyack on U.S. News & World Report 2016 Best Colleges Diversity List
- AWF President Visits Nyack/ATS Rockland
- MA in Mental Health Counseling Online Approved by NYS Education Department
- Peter Irvine, 2015 School of Business and Leadership Keynote Speaker
- Official Statement in Response to Media Announced Law Suit
- Browse Blog Archive>>