Nyack Nursing Students Are Pinned!
A 5:00 p.m. dedication and pinning ceremony was held today at Nyack College Rockland in Pardington Hall for Nyack’s Cheryl Phenicie School of Nursing followed by a reception for students, their families, faculty, administrators, and trustees in President's Hall at Shuman Hall.
The 21 men and women who will participate in the pinning and lamp lighting ceremony include Tahira Abdullah, Lincy Abraham, Mercy Asamoah, Pooja Chandiramani, Yves-Rose Corbett, Valerie Edmund-Jackson, Kassondra Ford, Nathalie Gonzalez, Vincent Jacopino, David Muckell, Angelica Perez, Adriana Pirez, Carline Prepetit, Marvin Salvatore, Amanda Skinner, Chinwe Uchendu, Christy Varghese, Lincy Varghese, Mary Varughese, Jennifer Vega, and Sharon Wilson.
The Drs. Ardel and Teresa Vietti Award for Academic Excellence in Nursing was awarded to Amanda Skinner, the student with the highest grade point average.
The Ronald and Marilyn Eastman Award for an Outstanding Nursing Student was presented to Valerie Edmund-Jackson, a student who represents the ideals of compassionate care, dedication to nursing, and Christian servant-leadership.
Click here to see photos of the dedication and pinning ceremony.
- August 31: Last Day for Early Bird Rates for CCCU 2016 Diversity Conference at Nyack NYC
- Register by September 5 for Nyack's Leadership Speaker Series
- Remembering Lavern Dantzler, Nyack Alumna and Staff Member
- Amanda Halter, A Lady Warrior in Germany
- Celebrating the Life of Rick Santiago
- Jose Heredia (NC '09) at the Rose Nagelberg Theatre in Manhattan
- Carol Ann Freeman and Bonita D'Amil...Hearts for Hungary
- Gabrielle Do Goes Global With Her Spoken Word Artistry
- Nyack College Golf Classic Returns to Historic Saint Andrew's
- Memorial Service for ATS Alum Mark Xavier Lewis
- Go Fish! or The Adventures of Dr. Peter Park
- ATS Dean Announces New Role: ATS Director, Dr. Louis DeCaro, Jr.
- Nyack's Historic Excavation: Something to Write Home About
- Nyack Counseling Professor and Students to be Published
- Nyack Reps in the Nation's Capital for Second Chance Pell Grant Meetings
- Nyack College Among Top 50 Most Diverse U.S. Campuses
- Willana Mack, Winner of the Tri-State Gospel Music Association Award
- Epoch Times Features Composer and Nyack Music Prof William Vollinger
- Associate Dean Luis Carlo Receives Kudos for Service to ATS
- JULY 10 & 14: Anthony Vaval ('16) Grad Featured on Dennis Dillon Show
- Dr. Barbara Austin-Lucas, First Female Bishop-Designate for Dunamis Covenant Connection
- Days Away from Nyack's Historic Archaeological Dig
- Carlos Cuestas ('09), A Classical Guitar Act
- Rev. Dave Nguyen and the Vietnamese Alliance Church Celebrate an Anniversary
- Honoring the Life of Dr. Thomas P. Bailey, Sr.
- Browse Blog Archive>>