CCNE Visits Nyack Rockland Nursing School
Nyack College's very first graduating class of its Cheryl Phenicie School of Nursing at Shuman Hall in Rockland County while awaiting news from a Commission for Collegiate Nursing Education Evaluation Team (CCNE) visiting the campus today.
Dr. David F. Turk, Nyack College Provost and Vice President of Academic Affairs shared the results of the their visit.
"The Commission for Collegiate Nursing Education Evaluation Team gave their exit interview to the college administration and nursing faculty and staff today (April 17). Their report to the Nyack community noted that the College is in compliance with all four of the standards for nursing program accreditation and each of the key elements of each of these standards."
Dr. Turk continued, "This was truly an affirmation of the strength of Nyack's new Bachelor of Science Nursing program. Much gratitude is owed to Dean Simon and all the School of Nursing faculty, staff, and students for their dedicated work to build this exceptional program and present it so well to the Evaluation Team. The Evaluation Team will submit their report to the Commission which will vote on accreditation early this summer."
The CCNE is recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education as a national accreditation agency, which contributes to the improvement of the public's health. CCNE ensures the quality and integrity of baccalaureate, graduate, and residency programs in nursing.
Congratulations to all involved in this exciting new chapter of the Nyack story!
- Memorial Concerts Honoring Professor Emeritus Ralph Ellenberger (1934-2014)
- Leadership Rockland Multicultural Communities Day Kicks Off at Nyack College
- Chamberfest at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- NOV 19: Nyack Rockland Colloquium Series Features Dr. K. Kale Yu
- Fall Concerts at Nyack College
- NYACK NYC: Forgive Us...Confessions of a Compromised Faith--Book and Panel Discussion
- Fall 2014 Nyack's Scholars Symposium
- Nyack Students Up For The Challenge
- The Jubilee Chorus Performs at The Bowery Mission
- Auditions for Spring 2015 Production of "The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon"
- OCTOBER 30: CSGE Colloquium Series on Environmental Sustainability
- NY Times Hails Rear Admiral R. Timothy Ziemer (NC '65) as "The Malaria Fighter"
- RELEASE: Official Statement on Ebola Update - Week October 27
- Saturday, October 25--U of Pittsburgh Welcomes ATS Dean Ron Walborn for Bridge Forum: A Livestreamed Event!
- OCT 25: Dr. R. Steven Notley Featured Lecturer at Lanier Theological Library in Houston, TX
- Browse Blog Archive>>