CCNE Visits Nyack Rockland Nursing School
Nyack College's very first graduating class of its Cheryl Phenicie School of Nursing at Shuman Hall in Rockland County while awaiting news from a Commission for Collegiate Nursing Education Evaluation Team (CCNE) visiting the campus today.
Dr. David F. Turk, Nyack College Provost and Vice President of Academic Affairs shared the results of the their visit.
"The Commission for Collegiate Nursing Education Evaluation Team gave their exit interview to the college administration and nursing faculty and staff today (April 17). Their report to the Nyack community noted that the College is in compliance with all four of the standards for nursing program accreditation and each of the key elements of each of these standards."
Dr. Turk continued, "This was truly an affirmation of the strength of Nyack's new Bachelor of Science Nursing program. Much gratitude is owed to Dean Simon and all the School of Nursing faculty, staff, and students for their dedicated work to build this exceptional program and present it so well to the Evaluation Team. The Evaluation Team will submit their report to the Commission which will vote on accreditation early this summer."
The CCNE is recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education as a national accreditation agency, which contributes to the improvement of the public's health. CCNE ensures the quality and integrity of baccalaureate, graduate, and residency programs in nursing.
Congratulations to all involved in this exciting new chapter of the Nyack story!
- Thursday, October 23--Velocity! Debuts at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- Unearthing Magdala--Nyack College Conference for Interfaith Scholars
- RELEASE: Official Nyack Statement on Ebola
- October 17: Nyack's School of Social Work and Community Connections for Youth Release Report
- Steinway Piano Dedication With Steinway & Sons President Ron Losby and CD-60 Biographer James Barron
- Miovski and Mansfield Families Music Hall Dedicated at Nyack NYC Campus
- Official Nyack College Statement Regarding Unknown Man on Campus September 23
- Anti-Human Trafficking Art Exhibit with Susan Clinthorne and Sally Thielen at Nyack Rockland
- "A Greener NYC" to Showcase a Nyack School of Music Performance at City Hall
- Nyack College Joins the Luis Palau Association CityServe Event in Manhattan
- C&MA Church Planter Among Those Murdered in Guinea
- Alrick Brown's Award-winning Kinyarwanda Screening & Panel at Nyack NYC
- Dean Ron Walborn Interviewed on Unseminary.com
- Report on AJCO-CSGE Panel: Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- 9/11 Thirteen Years Later
- Browse Blog Archive>>