Winners of Student Research Conference Poster Session
“Facing the Future Together,” was the theme of the Second Annual Nyack College Student Research Conference sponsored by the Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement (CSGE), the Nyack College Honors Program, and the Nyack College Department of Biology and Chemistry. The daylong event was held on the Rockland County campus in Bowman Gymnasium last month.
Some 100 students will participate in a poster session. Their research topics include, Effects of Air Pollution on Cardiovascular Health, Impacting Student's Cognitive Performance, Exploring the Correlations Between Blood Type, Diet and Nutrition, AIDS, Obesity, Biological and Ethical Implications of Down's Syndrome, The Need to Fit in: A Study on Conformity, Gender and Movie Preferences, Phage Therapy and Moral Evolution: The Roles of Age and Gender on Morality.
First prize winners of the poster session were Nyack Honors Program students Katie O'Sullivan, Tina Battistella, Rachel Kunker, and Rebekah Williams (pictured above l-r).
- Nyack Alumnus Charles Galbreath, a 2015 C&MA Council Speaker
- Tappan Zee Bridge Evening Travel Advisory May 18-22
- 2015 Hudson River Pianofest at Nyack College Rockland
- Nyack ATS Commencement 2015
- Bench Dedication Procession to Memorial Park Led by Nyack College Music Students
- A Rite of Passage to Womanhood for 25 Nyack Seniors
- ACL Student Research Award Winner
- New Beta Psi Chapter of Chi Alpha Epsilon Honor Society Members Inducted
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary 2015 Commencement
- Gone Fishing...
- A Day of Master Classes and Music Clinics for High School Music Students from Michigan
- Twenty-five Nyack College Contributors to SEA-PHAGES Research
- Men's Golf Team Headed to 2015 NCAA Championship Competition
- Two Operas! Two Days! Prof. Shelley Jameson, Director
- LAST WEEKEND for Spring Production of The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon
- Browse Blog Archive>>