Dr. Nina Balmaceda, a Featured Plenary Speaker in Brazil and Peru
Dr. Vilma "Nina" Balmaceda, Nyack College associate professor of political science and director of the Center for Christian Scholarship and Global Engagement, was a plenary speaker and panelist at a recent National Christian Lawyers Congress in Brazil. Her presentations focused on the function of law, public policy, and culture in the challenges of human rights, the defense of life, and the development of more peaceful and just societies in Latin America.
Dr. Balmaceda also was a plenary speaker at the Forum on Rights of Children with Disabilities organized by the National Program for Family Wellbeing (INABIF), which took place at the Peruvian Congress in February. The responders to her presentation were Peruvian Congressman Jhon Reynaga, president of the Congressional Committee on Inclusion of People with Disabilities; Ms. Nancy Tolentino, INABIF executive director; Mr. Wilfredo Guzmán, president of the Peruvian Council for the Rights of People with Disabilities; and Mr. Alfredo Alfaro, director of the Development of Vulnerable Populations Office of the Peruvian Government.
- SEPT. 18: Alrick Brown's Award-winning Kinyarwanda Screening & Panel at Nyack College
- 9/11 Thirteen Years Later
- Jewish and Christian Perspectives on Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- HEOP Continues at Nyack Rockland and Launches at Nyack NYC
- India Trip for Nyack School of Nursing Combines Study With Outreach
- "A Greener NYC" to Showcase a Nyack School of Music Performance at City Hall
- A Call to Prayer September 1-7 by C&MA President John Stumbo
- True Confessions or A Half Century-Old Mystery to be Unveiled at Homecoming 2014!
- On the Passing of Mrs. Dianna Sanders
- Nyack NYC Student Leadership Development Retreat
- 2014 Global Engagement Lecture Features Director of REALIS Christian Center in Kiev, Ukraine
- College of Arts and Sciences Convenes Its Faculty/Staff Retreat
- Nyack History Professor Receives Columbia U Libraries Research Award
- Coming Soon: Nyack NYC and Rockland Student Orientations
- A Sunday Best: Nyack's Own Brightnie Jones
- Browse Blog Archive>>