Health Care Ethics Conference at Nyack Rockland
The Nyack College Cheryl Phenicie School of Nursing and the Nyack Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement will co-host Nyack's first ever Health Care Ethics Conference on Thursday, March 14 on the Rockland County campus, 1 South Boulevard in Nyack in Bowman Gymnasium, beginning at 2:00 p.m. with poster presentations by Nyack nursing students. Monetary prizes of $500, $300, and $100 will be awarded to the top three presentations.
A plenary session begins at 3:30 p.m. featuring Dr. Farr Curlin, co-director of the program on Medicine & Religion, and Associate Faculty of the MacLean Center for Clinical Medical Ethics at the University of Chicago. His keynote address is entitled, "The Heart of Medical Ethics: Profession, Conscience, and Vocation."
Dr. Curlin is a hospice and palliative care physician, researcher, and medical ethicist. His research areas are physician's moral and professional formation, the ends of medicine and the moral dimensions of medical practice, clinical decision-making, and the doctor-patient relationship, as well as with moral formation in medical education. He lectures widely about religion, conscience, and the moral and spiritual dimensions of the practice of medicine.
For information on the nursing conference, please contact the School of Nursing at 845.675.4681.
- MARCH 25: Dr. Guy Waters - Plenary Speaker for Evangelical Theological Society Conference
- Nyack's Spring Production: The Importance of Being Earnest
- Bach's 332nd Birthday Bash
- Nyack College Opera Workshop Presents Verdi's "La Traviata"
- The Gates Way to Medieval Times
- March 18: Hudson River Pianofest 2017 at Nyack College
- President Michael G. Scales to Begin New Term on CICU Board
- Udo Middelmann Returns to Nyack College for Colloquium on Civic Engagement
- Nyack School of Music Students on Harry Connick Jr. Show
- What Is Love? Nyack Rockland Artists Answer the Question
- American Red Cross Blood Drive at Nyack College
- Founder/CEO Evelyn Bautista-Miller Is CSGE Colloquium Speaker
- ATS Missions Retreat at Mount Crescent House
- Nyack College and Local Entrepreneurs to Compete for Over $22,000 in Prizes
- Academic Year 2017-2018 Applications Being Accepted for Student Leaders
- Nyack Rockland Associate Dean Wanda Velez, a Hope Gathering Speaker
- MARCH 2: An Authors' Talk Hosted by Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Program
- Fifth Anniversary Celebration & Silent Auction to Benefit Empower Program
- Student Spotlight: Jill Kim, AGSC Marriage and Family Therapy Major
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, C&MA Metro District Women's Retreat Speaker
- WNYK Pays Tribute to Black History Month
- Feb 18: School of Music's Noel Wippler, a Featured Artist in Mid-Atlantic Jazz Festival
- FEB 18: Purpose Performs at Katonah Village Library
- Nyack Students Participate in NY Student Aid Alliance Event
- Browse Blog Archive>>