National Recognition for Nyack's Early Childhood Ed Programs
School of Education Dean JoAnn Looney announced that accreditation from the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) has been extended through 2018. The National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) awarded national recognition to Nyack’s Early Childhood programs.
Dr. Looney credits Nyack’s Early Childhood Education program Chair Dr. Sherry Jarrett, and Director of Assessment Prof. Kristen Luba with a job well done.
The National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC), founded in 1926, is the world's largest advocacy group working on behalf of young children. The mission of the NAEYC has three main goals:
• Improving professional practice and working conditions in early childhood education.
• Supporting early childhood programs by working to achieve a high-quality system of early childhood education.
• Building a high-performing, inclusive organization of groups and individuals who are committed to promoting excellence in early childhood education for all young children.
The campus community celebrates with the School of Education on this latest accomplishment.
- Memorial Concerts Honoring Professor Emeritus Ralph Ellenberger (1934-2014)
- Leadership Rockland Multicultural Communities Day Kicks Off at Nyack College
- Chamberfest at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- NOV 19: Nyack Rockland Colloquium Series Features Dr. K. Kale Yu
- Fall Concerts at Nyack College
- NYACK NYC: Forgive Us...Confessions of a Compromised Faith--Book and Panel Discussion
- Fall 2014 Nyack's Scholars Symposium
- Nyack Students Up For The Challenge
- The Jubilee Chorus Performs at The Bowery Mission
- Auditions for Spring 2015 Production of "The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon"
- OCTOBER 30: CSGE Colloquium Series on Environmental Sustainability
- NY Times Hails Rear Admiral R. Timothy Ziemer (NC '65) as "The Malaria Fighter"
- RELEASE: Official Statement on Ebola Update - Week October 27
- Saturday, October 25--U of Pittsburgh Welcomes ATS Dean Ron Walborn for Bridge Forum: A Livestreamed Event!
- OCT 25: Dr. R. Steven Notley Featured Lecturer at Lanier Theological Library in Houston, TX
- Browse Blog Archive>>