USIP Funds Nyack Scholars Symposium
The Nyack College Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement (CSGE) will present its 2013 Scholars Symposium, Wednesday, February 20 at the Nyack College Manhattan campus and on Thursday, February 21 at the Nyack Rockland campus. Nearly 30 faculty will present papers they have published or presented at conferences. In addition, several students will present research papers.
The Center received $2,000 in funding support from the Public Education for Peacebuilding Support initiative of the United States Institute for Peace (USIP) headquartered in Washington, D.C., which has offices in Baghdad, Iraq, and Kabul, Afghanistan. USIP is the independent, nonpartisan conflict management center created by Congress to prevent and mitigate international conflict .
“USIP is pleased to support the efforts of Nyack’s Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement and its contribution to the national conversation around international conflict--and methods for resolving those conflicts nonviolently,” commented Jim Marshall, USIP president.
The plenary session for the NYC campus will be held at 361 Broadway in Manhattan and for the Rockland campus in Bowman Gymnasium in Nyack, NY. Plenary speakers will be Lisa Dougan, director of civil engagement and representative for Invisible Children, in Washington, D.C.; and Benjamin Raber, executive director for NetWork and a Nyack College alumnus.
For more information, click here to view a pdf of the Symposium brochure, which includes details on the speakers, locations, and times of breakout sessions.
- Tune In For a Special WNKY Segment With The Center for Human Development and Family Services
- American Red Cross Blood Drive at Nyack College
- Nyack College and Local Entrepreneurs to Compete for Over $22,000 in Prizes
- Academic Year 2017-2018 Applications Being Accepted for Student Leaders
- Student Spotlight: Jill Kim, AGSC Marriage and Family Therapy Major
- MARCH 2: An Authors' Talk Hosted by Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Program
- MARCH 3: Nyack Rockland Associate Dean Wanda Velez, a Hope Gathering Speaker
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, C&MA Metro District Women's Retreat Speaker
- WNYK Pays Tribute to Black History Month
- Feb 18: School of Music's Noel Wippler, a Featured Artist in Mid-Atlantic Jazz Festival
- FEB 18: Purpose Performs at Katonah Village Library
- Nyack Students Participate in NY Student Aid Alliance Event
- Recapturing the Art of Writing Love Letters
- Meet Dynamic NY Talent Trinity Rose on WNYK 88.7FM
- Accreditation Renewed for Nyack by the Association of Christian Schools International
- 2017 Alumni & Friends Phonathon Underway
- Yahoo! for Krysten Peek and Her 7-Continent Run
- Nyack Center Announces Winners of the Martin Luther King Oratory Contest
- Rev. Charles Galbreath--Nyack Chapel Speaker
- Deeper Life Series with Dr. Michael and Mrs. Lisa Plunket
- Udo Middelmann, Civic Engagement Speaker at Nyack Rockland and Nyack New York City
- ATS Alumni Among 2017 Pastors' Prayer Summit Leaders
- Dr. Jacqueline Washington Contributes to Research Article in Nature Microbiology
- Celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Community Remembers NYC Music Student Curtis Crum III
- Browse Blog Archive>>