Nyack College Reaches Out After the Storm
Nyack College students have gone into the Tri-State New York area to volunteer on post-Hurricane Sandy cleanup and delivery of supplies supervised by faculty and staff.
One student group, Hands of Compassion, traveled with the New Life Community Health Center (www.nlchc.org) in Elmhurst, NY to take supplies to residents of Rockaway Beach.
Intercultural Studies Professor Scott Reitz took a crew of intercultural studies, business, education, and nursing students with him to volunteer in New Jersey with Samaritan's Purse. The Boone, NC-based organization, headed by Franklin Graham, sent volunteers to Atlantic, Bergen, and Ocean Counties in New Jersey and to Nassau County in New York.
Nyack’s Hands of Compassion, LoSTANDfound, and Students Against Hunger have scheduled other outreach effort.
Please continue to pray for people who are still suffering as a result of the storm and for the volunteers and other respondents who are attempting to serve them.
- TONIGHT: Nyack Alumnus Charles Galbreath, a 2015 C&MA Council Speaker
- MAY 30: New York City Fish Count
- Nyack NYC Rock-o-Nomix Team: You Voted! They Won!
- Nyack College/ATS Empower 2015
- Tappan Zee Bridge Evening Travel Advisory May 18-22
- 2015 Hudson River Pianofest at Nyack College Rockland
- Nyack ATS Commencement 2015
- Bench Dedication Procession to Memorial Park Led by Nyack College Music Students
- A Rite of Passage to Womanhood for 25 Nyack Seniors
- ACL Student Research Award Winner
- New Beta Psi Chapter of Chi Alpha Epsilon Honor Society Members Inducted
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary 2015 Commencement
- Gone Fishing...
- A Day of Master Classes and Music Clinics for High School Music Students from Michigan
- Twenty-five Nyack College Contributors to SEA-PHAGES Research
- Browse Blog Archive>>