Leadership Rockland 2012 Multicultural Day
Earl Miller, Nyack College executive director of community relations, (pictured above) has announced the agenda for the 2012 Leadership Rockland Multicultural Communities Day scheduled for Thursday, November 15 from 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m.
Leadership Rockland is a 10-month professional development program with a mission to “identify, inform, and inspire leaders to better serve by increasing their awareness of the many facets of Rockland County.”
Mr. Miller, an alumnus of the program, has coordinated Leadership Rockland segments on diversity for several years held on the Nyack Rockland campus.
This year’s itinerary begins at Nyack’s Shuman Hall with a panel discussion featuring Dr. Anita Underwood, dean of Nyack’s School of Business and Leadership; Nyack Professor Miguel Sanchez; and Dr. David Lucander of SUNY Rockland Community College.
Other travel and tour stops include Hyenga Lake Housing and the Rockland County Administration Building. When the cohort returns to Nyack College, roundtable discussions will be held with elected officials—the Honorable Christopher St. Lawrence, Town of Ramapo; the Honorable Tony Earle, County legislator; Mayor Jen White, Village of Nyack; and Mayor Michael Kohut, Village of Haverstraw. The group will address, “The Joys and Challenges of Governing the Multicultural Community.”
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary Commencement at the Westchester County Center
- Meet Nyack's 2016 Valedictorians!
- Battery Park Campus Now Owned by Nyack College
- A Celebration of Pentecost at Bedford Community Church
- TONIGHT: Dr. David Ireland, Rockland County Day of Prayer Keynote Speaker
- Just Released! The Fine Print 2016
- Celebrating Nyack Honor Society Students
- Last Weekend Performances of Mozart's "The Magic Flute"
- West Side Story in Lower Manhattan
- Nyack Doing Community Well: Loving Our Neighbor
- Nyack's Inaugural Social Work Graduate Research Colloquium
- PRAXIS Connections Dinner for Emerging Leaders at Nyack NYC
- How Was Your Weekend?
- Criminal Justice Department Speaker: Mr. Anthony DeWolfe
- 2016 Spring Production: The Merchant of Venice
- CSGE Colloquium Features Matt Hartl
- Nyack Rockland School of Music's Spring Concert
- Nyack Alumna Leads California Elementary School With Innovative STEM Program
- Winners of the 2016 Student Research Conference
- Effective Sales Strategy Workshop at Nyack NYC
- Join 1st Century Village Excavation in Israel With Nyack
- Criminal Justice Department Hosts Career Talk with Mike and Joanne Pelino
- Nyack NYC Chorale in Greater Allen A.M.E Cathedral Concert
- Entrepreneur Sabrina HoSang Is Plenary Speaker for Nyack's Student Research Conference
- Prof. Craig Williams in Concert on Renaissance Chapel Organ
- Browse Blog Archive>>