Leadership Rockland 2012 Multicultural Day
Earl Miller, Nyack College executive director of community relations, (pictured above) has announced the agenda for the 2012 Leadership Rockland Multicultural Communities Day scheduled for Thursday, November 15 from 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m.
Leadership Rockland is a 10-month professional development program with a mission to “identify, inform, and inspire leaders to better serve by increasing their awareness of the many facets of Rockland County.”
Mr. Miller, an alumnus of the program, has coordinated Leadership Rockland segments on diversity for several years held on the Nyack Rockland campus.
This year’s itinerary begins at Nyack’s Shuman Hall with a panel discussion featuring Dr. Anita Underwood, dean of Nyack’s School of Business and Leadership; Nyack Professor Miguel Sanchez; and Dr. David Lucander of SUNY Rockland Community College.
Other travel and tour stops include Hyenga Lake Housing and the Rockland County Administration Building. When the cohort returns to Nyack College, roundtable discussions will be held with elected officials—the Honorable Christopher St. Lawrence, Town of Ramapo; the Honorable Tony Earle, County legislator; Mayor Jen White, Village of Nyack; and Mayor Michael Kohut, Village of Haverstraw. The group will address, “The Joys and Challenges of Governing the Multicultural Community.”
- The Jubilee Chorus Performs at The Bowery Mission
- TODAY: Second Chance to Audition for Spring 2015 Production of "The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon"
- NOV. 5-6: Dr. Kevin Danaher is Fall 2014 Nyack 's Scholars Symposium Plenary Speaker
- OCTOBER 30: CSGE Colloquium Series on Environmental Sustainability
- NY Times Hails Rear Admiral R. Timothy Ziemer (NC '65) as "The Malaria Fighter"
- RELEASE: Official Statement on Ebola Update - Week October 27
- Saturday, October 25--U of Pittsburgh Welcomes ATS Dean Ron Walborn for Bridge Forum: A Livestreamed Event!
- OCT 25: Dr. R. Steven Notley Featured Lecturer at Lanier Theological Library in Houston, TX
- NOV. 6 Forgive Us: Confessions of a Compromised Faith--Book and Panel Discussion
- Velocity! Debuts at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- Unearthing Magdala--Nyack College Conference for Interfaith Scholars
- RELEASE: Official Nyack Statement on Ebola
- October 17: Nyack's School of Social Work and Community Connections for Youth Release Report
- Steinway Piano Dedication With Steinway & Sons President Ron Losby and CD-60 Biographer James Barron
- Miovski and Mansfield Families Music Hall Dedicated at Nyack NYC Campus
- Browse Blog Archive>>