Leadership Rockland 2012 Multicultural Day
Earl Miller, Nyack College executive director of community relations, (pictured above) has announced the agenda for the 2012 Leadership Rockland Multicultural Communities Day scheduled for Thursday, November 15 from 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m.
Leadership Rockland is a 10-month professional development program with a mission to “identify, inform, and inspire leaders to better serve by increasing their awareness of the many facets of Rockland County.”
Mr. Miller, an alumnus of the program, has coordinated Leadership Rockland segments on diversity for several years held on the Nyack Rockland campus.
This year’s itinerary begins at Nyack’s Shuman Hall with a panel discussion featuring Dr. Anita Underwood, dean of Nyack’s School of Business and Leadership; Nyack Professor Miguel Sanchez; and Dr. David Lucander of SUNY Rockland Community College.
Other travel and tour stops include Hyenga Lake Housing and the Rockland County Administration Building. When the cohort returns to Nyack College, roundtable discussions will be held with elected officials—the Honorable Christopher St. Lawrence, Town of Ramapo; the Honorable Tony Earle, County legislator; Mayor Jen White, Village of Nyack; and Mayor Michael Kohut, Village of Haverstraw. The group will address, “The Joys and Challenges of Governing the Multicultural Community.”
- Friday, May 29: Nyack Alumnus Charles Galbreath, a 2015 C&MA Council Speaker
- Nyack NYC Rock-o-Nomix Team: You Voted! They Won!
- Nyack College/ATS Empower 2015
- New York City Fish Count
- Tappan Zee Bridge Evening Travel Advisory May 18-22
- 2015 Hudson River Pianofest at Nyack College Rockland
- Nyack ATS Commencement 2015
- Bench Dedication Procession to Memorial Park Led by Nyack College Music Students
- A Rite of Passage to Womanhood for 25 Nyack Seniors
- ACL Student Research Award Winner
- New Beta Psi Chapter of Chi Alpha Epsilon Honor Society Members Inducted
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary 2015 Commencement
- Gone Fishing...
- A Day of Master Classes and Music Clinics for High School Music Students from Michigan
- Twenty-five Nyack College Contributors to SEA-PHAGES Research
- Browse Blog Archive>>