A Mission on Market Street
School of Music students from the Rockland County campus brought joy to the downtrodden when they paid a visit to The Market Street Mission in Morristown, New Jersey earlier this week. The Mission, an organization that ministers to the needy people in Morris County by meeting physical needs with food, shelter, clothing, and other necessities, and their emotional and spiritual needs with guidance and life change programs.
The event was directed by music professor, Dr. Marie Kenote. Students who participated were Luis Diaz, Andrea Rivera, Bryan Just, and Amanda Wetzel (flutists); Abbey Taylor, Andrew Vang, Grace Su, and Jamal Sarikoki (pianists); and Hannah Miele, Danny Rodriguez, Chloe Nevill, Thomas Shaffer, Hannah Linowski, Qian Ye and Ruth Kenote (vocalists).
Outreach such as this musical performance touched the students as well as their audience. One student performer commented: “The Lord moved in Morristown, NJ this evening! To see these men worship so hard, was a sight! I have not played like I played tonight in so long. God is soooo good! I was brought to tears this evening."
- March 29: Music Students Minister at Morristown's Market Street Mission
- Nyack Partners With Luis Palau Assocation for CityServe NYC
- Nyack College Student Research Conference Rockland Campus
- ATS Colloquium On State and Religion: The Case of Israel
- APRIL 10: Nyack College Rockland Chorale Spring Concert
- Live from New York...Nyack's School of Music at Avery Fisher Hall, Lincoln Center!
- Nyack Says Thank You to Community Sponsors
- Nyack...We're Here to Serve!
- Pianist Johnny Walsh In Concert on Nyack Rockland Campus March 31
- Broken To Minister CD Launch Event at NYC Campus
- 15-City Promo Tour for Nyack NYC Campus Music Prof Damien Sneed
- Becker Professional Education Presentation
- FEBRUARY 23-24: Pianist Marcelo Liano in Concert at Nyack Rockland
- Colloquium Series Features Dr. Kale Yu on "Earth in Mind"
- Denise Lewis Patrick, Award-Winning Author and Nyack Adjunct, Presents Connected Souls
- Browse Blog Archive>>