A Mission on Market Street
School of Music students from the Rockland County campus brought joy to the downtrodden when they paid a visit to The Market Street Mission in Morristown, New Jersey earlier this week. The Mission, an organization that ministers to the needy people in Morris County by meeting physical needs with food, shelter, clothing, and other necessities, and their emotional and spiritual needs with guidance and life change programs.
The event was directed by music professor, Dr. Marie Kenote. Students who participated were Luis Diaz, Andrea Rivera, Bryan Just, and Amanda Wetzel (flutists); Abbey Taylor, Andrew Vang, Grace Su, and Jamal Sarikoki (pianists); and Hannah Miele, Danny Rodriguez, Chloe Nevill, Thomas Shaffer, Hannah Linowski, Qian Ye and Ruth Kenote (vocalists).
Outreach such as this musical performance touched the students as well as their audience. One student performer commented: “The Lord moved in Morristown, NJ this evening! To see these men worship so hard, was a sight! I have not played like I played tonight in so long. God is soooo good! I was brought to tears this evening."
- Chelsea Geyer (NC '12) Golf Tournament Luncheon Speaker
- August 31: Last Day for Early Bird Rates for CCCU 2016 Diversity Conference at Nyack NYC
- Register by September 5 for Nyack's Leadership Speaker Series
- Remembering Lavern Dantzler, Nyack Alumna and Staff Member
- Amanda Halter, A Lady Warrior in Germany
- Celebrating the Life of Rick Santiago
- Jose Heredia (NC '09) at the Rose Nagelberg Theatre in Manhattan
- Carol Ann Freeman and Bonita D'Amil...Hearts for Hungary
- Gabrielle Do Goes Global With Her Spoken Word Artistry
- Nyack College Golf Classic Returns to Historic Saint Andrew's
- Memorial Service for ATS Alum Mark Xavier Lewis
- Go Fish! or The Adventures of Dr. Peter Park
- ATS Dean Announces New Role: ATS Director, Dr. Louis DeCaro, Jr.
- Nyack's Historic Excavation: Something to Write Home About
- Nyack Counseling Professor and Students to be Published
- Nyack Reps in the Nation's Capital for Second Chance Pell Grant Meetings
- Nyack College Among Top 50 Most Diverse U.S. Campuses
- Willana Mack, Winner of the Tri-State Gospel Music Association Award
- Epoch Times Features Composer and Nyack Music Prof William Vollinger
- Associate Dean Luis Carlo Receives Kudos for Service to ATS
- JULY 10 & 14: Anthony Vaval ('16) Grad Featured on Dennis Dillon Show
- Dr. Barbara Austin-Lucas, First Female Bishop-Designate for Dunamis Covenant Connection
- Days Away from Nyack's Historic Archaeological Dig
- Carlos Cuestas ('09), A Classical Guitar Act
- Rev. Dave Nguyen and the Vietnamese Alliance Church Celebrate an Anniversary
- Browse Blog Archive>>