A Mission on Market Street
School of Music students from the Rockland County campus brought joy to the downtrodden when they paid a visit to The Market Street Mission in Morristown, New Jersey earlier this week. The Mission, an organization that ministers to the needy people in Morris County by meeting physical needs with food, shelter, clothing, and other necessities, and their emotional and spiritual needs with guidance and life change programs.
The event was directed by music professor, Dr. Marie Kenote. Students who participated were Luis Diaz, Andrea Rivera, Bryan Just, and Amanda Wetzel (flutists); Abbey Taylor, Andrew Vang, Grace Su, and Jamal Sarikoki (pianists); and Hannah Miele, Danny Rodriguez, Chloe Nevill, Thomas Shaffer, Hannah Linowski, Qian Ye and Ruth Kenote (vocalists).
Outreach such as this musical performance touched the students as well as their audience. One student performer commented: “The Lord moved in Morristown, NJ this evening! To see these men worship so hard, was a sight! I have not played like I played tonight in so long. God is soooo good! I was brought to tears this evening."
- RELEASE: Nyack's Fourth Year on the CHE "Great College to Work For" List
- Nyack's Welcome Mat for Hungary
- Nyack College Remembers the Late John Lawrence Seigenthaler
- Nyack College, A Partner Instructor School for Yale's Center for Scientific Teaching
- Nyack College Venue for County Legislature's Forum
- Nyack Nursing Professor and Student Publish in Journal of Nursing
- Alliance World Fellowship Committee Meets at Nyack/ATS Rockland
- Is Nyack Affordable?
- JUNE 13 & 14: Steinway & Sons Sponsor Hudson River Pianofest at Nyack College
- JUNE 11: Nyack's 2014 Golf Classic
- Nyack College Social Work Major Receives NPRDP Scholarship
- RELEASE: An Award-Winning 2013-2104 for Women Warriors
- Nyack's Dr. Steve Notley on Archaeological Survey in Israel
- Nyack Campus Community Remembers Ralph G. Ellenberger (1934-2014)
- Nyack's Newest Members of Beta Psi Chapter of Chi Alpha Epsilon
- Browse Blog Archive>>