A Mission on Market Street
School of Music students from the Rockland County campus brought joy to the downtrodden when they paid a visit to The Market Street Mission in Morristown, New Jersey earlier this week. The Mission, an organization that ministers to the needy people in Morris County by meeting physical needs with food, shelter, clothing, and other necessities, and their emotional and spiritual needs with guidance and life change programs.
The event was directed by music professor, Dr. Marie Kenote. Students who participated were Luis Diaz, Andrea Rivera, Bryan Just, and Amanda Wetzel (flutists); Abbey Taylor, Andrew Vang, Grace Su, and Jamal Sarikoki (pianists); and Hannah Miele, Danny Rodriguez, Chloe Nevill, Thomas Shaffer, Hannah Linowski, Qian Ye and Ruth Kenote (vocalists).
Outreach such as this musical performance touched the students as well as their audience. One student performer commented: “The Lord moved in Morristown, NJ this evening! To see these men worship so hard, was a sight! I have not played like I played tonight in so long. God is soooo good! I was brought to tears this evening."
- Nyack's School of Nursing Dean, Dr. Elizabeth Simon Named a Fulbright Scholar
- Is Nyack For You? Are You for Nyack?
- Miriam Airoldi: Helping Others Find Dignity and Worth
- New Online! Master of Arts in Biblical Studies at ATS
- Into All the World!
- Social Work Degree Guide Names Nyack College to Its Top 25
- Nyack Clergy Association Hosts a Memorial Service for Charleston Nine
- Nyack's Moseley Field Turns Heliport for New York's Governor
- Nyack Softball Players Make CACC All-Academic Team
- Nyack College Students in National Masterworks Festival Chorus at Carnegie Hall
- New Major at Nyack: BA in Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Charles Galbreath, a 2015 C&MA Council Speaker
- Rock-o-Nomix Team: You Voted! They Won!
- New York City Fish Count
- 2015 Empower Ceremony
- Browse Blog Archive>>