Assemblywoman Jaffee Hosts Community Leaders Brunch at Nyack College
Assemblywoman Ellen C. Jaffee hosted an intimate gathering of community leaders on Saturday, October 20, 10:00 a.m. at Nyack College. The event held in President’s Hall (Shuman Hall) located at 186 South Highland Ave. on Nyack's Rockland campus provided a platform for a dialogue on a wide range of topics on youth and communities.
Mr. Greg Owens, Director of Special Projects for the New York State Office of Children and Families Services (OCFS) and Ms. Judith Johnson, Interim Superintendent of the Mount Vernon Schools were the guest speakers.
Mr. Owens reviewed state programs and initiatives for youth with a focus on gang violence, mentoring, involvement of fathers, and cultural competency in the foster care system. Mrs. Johnson addressed the poverty gap in educational achievement.
The campus was delighted to welcome the Honorable Congresswoman Nita Lowey (pictured above with Mrs. Jaffee and Earl Miller, Nyack's executive director of community relations) who was joined by nearly 70 Nyack College administrators, faculty, students as well as community leaders from Rockland and Westchester Counties.
- JANUARY 30: Office of Spiritual Formation Presents Andrew Palau
- RELEASE: Nyack College Degrees to 24 Fishkill Correctional Facility Grads
- Nyack College Represented at NYC Police Commissioner Bill Bratton's Meeting With Clergy
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Teams Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary
- Celebrating the Legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- LoHud Trumpets Nyack's Upcoming Social Justice Celebration
- RELEASE: Nyack's Social Justice Celebration Marks 10th Anniversary
- Nyack Welcomes New Manhattan and Rockland Campus Students With Orientations
- Nyack Baseball Team Collecting Baseball Gloves for Sports Clinic in Mexico
- Global Service-Learning 2015
- Peace and Hope Visit Nyack Rockland
- Hudson Link, TEDxSing Sing and Nyack College in New York Times Feature
- Sophia Institute Conference Features Nyack NYC Faculty
- Mandela Day Celebration at Nyack
- Browse Blog Archive>>