Assemblywoman Jaffee Hosts Community Leaders Brunch at Nyack College
Assemblywoman Ellen C. Jaffee hosted an intimate gathering of community leaders on Saturday, October 20, 10:00 a.m. at Nyack College. The event held in President’s Hall (Shuman Hall) located at 186 South Highland Ave. on Nyack's Rockland campus provided a platform for a dialogue on a wide range of topics on youth and communities.
Mr. Greg Owens, Director of Special Projects for the New York State Office of Children and Families Services (OCFS) and Ms. Judith Johnson, Interim Superintendent of the Mount Vernon Schools were the guest speakers.
Mr. Owens reviewed state programs and initiatives for youth with a focus on gang violence, mentoring, involvement of fathers, and cultural competency in the foster care system. Mrs. Johnson addressed the poverty gap in educational achievement.
The campus was delighted to welcome the Honorable Congresswoman Nita Lowey (pictured above with Mrs. Jaffee and Earl Miller, Nyack's executive director of community relations) who was joined by nearly 70 Nyack College administrators, faculty, students as well as community leaders from Rockland and Westchester Counties.
- TODAY: The Amasi Trio Concert at 12:30 PM
- Emerging Technology Students Showcased in Spring Show
- Rockland Chapter of Alpha Chi National Honor Society Adds Nyack College Students
- Nyack/ATS Commencement Ceremony Will Be Streamed Live at www.nyack.edu
- Nyack Critical Reads Colloquium Series Continues
- Passover Seder Celebrated at Nyack New York City
- Nyack Public Library Hosts Lecture by Nyack Dean
- In the Garden, a Flute Ensemble Recital
- Third Annual Student Research Conference at Nyack Rockland
- New York City Chorale Headlines Three Concerts
- NYACK'S SPRING PRODUCTION: J.B.
- Nyack College Rockland Chorale Performance of Mozart's Requiem
- Aramark Staff at Nyack Coordinates Global Volunteer Day
- Your Voice Counts: Approved NYS Budget FundsTAP Increases
- Dr. Lyndell O'Hara Presents on The King Years
- Browse Blog Archive>>