Health Care Association Honors Nyack's Own Donna Duss
Nyack alumna Donna Duss (’72), founder and president of Duss Healthcare Consulting, LLC, was recently awarded The James G. Dunton Distinguished Service Award for Lifetime Achievement by the Virginia Health Care Association.
Mrs. Duss sits on the Board of Directors of Shell Point Retirement Community in Fort Myers, FL, where Dr. Peter Dys is president. Dr. Dys shared that Mrs. Duss was recognized “for her years of leadership, passion for excellence, and for striving for the highest quality of long-term care for seniors in Virginia through her gerontological nursing clinical practice, education, and administration.” She became the first woman to be a member of The Christian and Missionary Alliance Foundation (CMAF) in 1994.
Mrs. Duss is a registered nurse, licensed in several states and has more than thirty years of experience in health care including roles as Director of Staff Development and Director of Nursing in Long-term Care. She has served since 1999 as a consultant and coach to long-term care clients.
Surrounded by her colleagues and her husband Serge, Mrs. Duss celebrated this unexpected acknowledgement with two surprise guests—their sons Matt and Brian, who presented their mother with a bouquet of roses.
President Michael Scales and the Nyack campus community congratulate Mrs. Duss on this well-earned achievement.
- SEPT 23-25: Nyack President, Professors and Staff Are CCCU Diversity Conference Presenters
- Nyack Among Alliance Colleges Featured in Special Fall ALife
- A Prayer Walk From NYC to Chicago With ATS Alumnus Al Taylor
- Nyack Team at Sixth Annual Interfaith and Community Service Campus Challenge
- DEEPER LIFE SERIES: With Jon Tyson
- Seven Years Strong: Nyack's Rites of Passage Initiation Ceremony
- Every Day A Gift Concert: Music Prof and Transplant Recipient, Sungrai Sohn
- Nyack College Among Top Ethnically Diverse Regional Schools in the U.S.
- Chelsea Geyer (NC '12) Golf Classic Luncheon Speaker
- Holly Nichols: Keeping the Nyack Founder's Vision Alive
- 15 Years Later...We Still Remember
- Go Fish...Again!
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary to Be Highlighted on "Pursuing God" Broadcast
- Register for the Nyack Leadership Speaker Series Lecture With Peter Irvine
- CCCU 2016 Diversity Conference at Nyack NYC
- Alumni Jazz Musicians RSVP ASAP For This Homecoming Gig
- Amanda Halter, A Lady Warrior in Germany
- Jose Heredia (NC '09) at the Rose Nagelberg Theatre in Manhattan
- Carol Ann Freeman and Bonita D'Amil...Hearts for Hungary
- Gabrielle Do Goes Global With Her Spoken Word Artistry
- Nyack College Golf Classic Returns to Historic Saint Andrew's
- Go Fish! or The Adventures of Dr. Peter Park
- ATS Dean Announces New Role: ATS Director, Dr. Louis DeCaro, Jr.
- Nyack's Historic Excavation: Something to Write Home About
- Nyack Counseling Professor and Students to be Published
- Browse Blog Archive>>