Nyack NYC Campus Screens "Zero Percent"
The Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement (CSGE) will screen “Zero Percent,” a documentary on college education in Sing Sing Prison on Monday, October 15 at 2:15 p.m. on Nyack's Manhattan campus located at 361 Broadway.
The first-ever college graduating class from Sing Sing received their Bachelor of Science in Organizational Management degrees from Nyack College on October 19, 2001. Nyack played a key role in restoring prison education at the correctional facility when state and federal funding ended.
“Zero Percent” examines the Hudson Link for Higher Education in Prison’s program at the maximum security prison and its transformational impact on the lives of the inmates. The title of the documentary comes from the fact that none of Hudson Link’s graduates have been re-incarcerated for new crimes after their release. See the trailer at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfDFf-3laug.
Perhaps the ultimate success story is that of Nyack alumnus, Sean Pica, now Hudson Link’s executive director and a member of that October 2001 graduating class. He and other graduates of the Hudson Link program joined Dr. Nina Balmaceda, director of Nyack’s Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement as panelists for a discussion following the film.
- University of Pittsburgh Welcomes ATS Dean Ron Walborn for Bridge Forum
- Velocity! Debuts at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- Unearthing Magdala--Nyack College Conference for Interfaith Scholars
- RELEASE: Official Nyack Statement on Ebola
- October 17: Nyack's School of Social Work and Community Connections for Youth Release Report
- Steinway Piano Dedication With Steinway & Sons President Ron Losby and CD-60 Biographer James Barron
- Miovski and Mansfield Families Music Hall Dedicated at Nyack NYC Campus
- Official Nyack College Statement Regarding Unknown Man on Campus September 23
- Anti-Human Trafficking Art Exhibit with Susan Clinthorne and Sally Thielen at Nyack Rockland
- "A Greener NYC" to Showcase a Nyack School of Music Performance at City Hall
- Nyack College Joins the Luis Palau Association CityServe Event in Manhattan
- C&MA Church Planter Among Those Murdered in Guinea
- Alrick Brown's Award-winning Kinyarwanda Screening & Panel at Nyack NYC
- Dean Ron Walborn Interviewed on Unseminary.com
- Report on AJCO-CSGE Panel: Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- Browse Blog Archive>>