Nyack NYC Campus Screens "Zero Percent"
The Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement (CSGE) will screen “Zero Percent,” a documentary on college education in Sing Sing Prison on Monday, October 15 at 2:15 p.m. on Nyack's Manhattan campus located at 361 Broadway.
The first-ever college graduating class from Sing Sing received their Bachelor of Science in Organizational Management degrees from Nyack College on October 19, 2001. Nyack played a key role in restoring prison education at the correctional facility when state and federal funding ended.
“Zero Percent” examines the Hudson Link for Higher Education in Prison’s program at the maximum security prison and its transformational impact on the lives of the inmates. The title of the documentary comes from the fact that none of Hudson Link’s graduates have been re-incarcerated for new crimes after their release. See the trailer at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfDFf-3laug.
Perhaps the ultimate success story is that of Nyack alumnus, Sean Pica, now Hudson Link’s executive director and a member of that October 2001 graduating class. He and other graduates of the Hudson Link program joined Dr. Nina Balmaceda, director of Nyack’s Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement as panelists for a discussion following the film.
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Nyack New York City School of Music Student on "Harry" TV Show
- Screening of Documentary, "13th"
- Katalina Padilla: Being the Change
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Dr. Cleotha Robertson
- Feb 15: Screening of "13th" on Nyack Rockland Campus
- Feb 22: Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- February 28: Deadline for Endowed Scholarship Applications
- School of Education Dean Updates Program Accreditations
- Nyack's WNYK 88.7 FM Warrior Radio Airs Black History Month Features
- Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium Series
- Athletes Leadership Conference at Nyack College
- How a Nyack Sports Hero Was Celebrated
- First Hudson Link/Nyack College Graduation at Taconic Correctional Facility
- January 29-31: Deeper Life Series Speaker is Dr. Jonathan Shaw
- "Dan Bailey Day" at Nyack
- Head Men's Basketball Coach Jason Crafton on WNYK
- WNYK 88.7FM January Alumni Spotlight: Orlando Suazo
- 2018 Empower Retreat Attendees From 51 Churches and Seven States
- Nyack Scholarship and Global Engagement Director Heads Peace and Hope International
- School of Music Art Series Features Pianist Hui-Mei Lin
- Spiritual Life at Nyack College: Chapel Services
- Browse Blog Archive>>