October Colloquium on the 2012 Presidential Election
“The 2012 Presidential Election and the Issues Confronting the United States” is the topic of the Nyack College of Arts and Sciences colloquium on Wednesday, October 24, 4:00 p.m.- 5:30 p.m. at the Rockland County campus in President’s Hall located in Shuman Hall, 186 South Highland Ave., Nyack.
Dr. David Turk, provost and vice president for academic affairs, will lead a thoughtful and provocative discussion with distinguished faculty on the upcoming presidential election.
Issues to be explored include: healthcare, jobs creation, national budget, support for the middle class/family, and leadership traits of the candidates. Panelists for the discussion include Nyack professors: Dr. Vilma Balmaceda (Political Science), Prof. James Muckell, (Business/Accounting), Dr. David Weir (History), and Dr. Carol Awasu (Social Work).
For more information on this event and the upcoming colloquium, click here.
- American Cancer Society Rates Nyack a Top-Ranking NY Institution With Tobacco-Free Policies
- Grace Prescriptions: Seminars for Healthcare Professionals at Nyack NYC
- December School of Music Concerts in Manhattan and in Rockland
- Nyack College Welcomes 2016 Leadership Rockland Cohort for Multi-cultural Communities Day
- Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Conference Proceedings Published
- Chad Needs Your Votes! (Every Day Until November 30)
- School of Education Authors Release Books on Self-Regulation
- Chelsea Geyer ('12) Director of DC127, a Colloquium Guest Speaker
- ATS Alum and Author, Dimas Salaberrios, in Paris
- New Partnership With An Old Friend: Pastor Lesly Milord
- Nyack's Brittany Cruz Heads to Practice With Women's Olympic Pre-National Team
- Reading the New Testament as Second Temple Jewish Literature
- Author Deb Hirsch of Missio Alliance at Nyack/ATS
- Nyack Salutes Our Nation's Veterans
- 7th Scholars Symposium: In Search of the Meaning of Work
- A Nyack College First: Student Cyber Security Team
- A Showcase of Academic Excellence: Nyack's Scholars Symposium
- Fulbright Ambassador Brian Polkinghorn Visits Nyack College
- National Nursing Exam Scores on a Strong and Steady Rise
- Alumni of the Year Award Honorees Across the Decades
- Nyack on U.S. News & World Report 2016 Best Colleges Diversity List
- AWF President Visits Nyack/ATS Rockland
- MA in Mental Health Counseling Online Approved by NYS Education Department
- Peter Irvine, 2015 School of Business and Leadership Keynote Speaker
- Official Statement in Response to Media Announced Law Suit
- Browse Blog Archive>>