October Colloquium on the 2012 Presidential Election
“The 2012 Presidential Election and the Issues Confronting the United States” is the topic of the Nyack College of Arts and Sciences colloquium on Wednesday, October 24, 4:00 p.m.- 5:30 p.m. at the Rockland County campus in President’s Hall located in Shuman Hall, 186 South Highland Ave., Nyack.
Dr. David Turk, provost and vice president for academic affairs, will lead a thoughtful and provocative discussion with distinguished faculty on the upcoming presidential election.
Issues to be explored include: healthcare, jobs creation, national budget, support for the middle class/family, and leadership traits of the candidates. Panelists for the discussion include Nyack professors: Dr. Vilma Balmaceda (Political Science), Prof. James Muckell, (Business/Accounting), Dr. David Weir (History), and Dr. Carol Awasu (Social Work).
For more information on this event and the upcoming colloquium, click here.
- SEPT. 18: Alrick Brown's Award-winning Kinyarwanda Screening & Panel at Nyack College
- 9/11 Thirteen Years Later
- Jewish and Christian Perspectives on Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- HEOP Continues at Nyack Rockland and Launches at Nyack NYC
- India Trip for Nyack School of Nursing Combines Study With Outreach
- "A Greener NYC" to Showcase a Nyack School of Music Performance at City Hall
- A Call to Prayer September 1-7 by C&MA President John Stumbo
- True Confessions or A Half Century-Old Mystery to be Unveiled at Homecoming 2014!
- On the Passing of Mrs. Dianna Sanders
- Nyack NYC Student Leadership Development Retreat
- 2014 Global Engagement Lecture Features Director of REALIS Christian Center in Kiev, Ukraine
- College of Arts and Sciences Convenes Its Faculty/Staff Retreat
- Nyack History Professor Receives Columbia U Libraries Research Award
- Coming Soon: Nyack NYC and Rockland Student Orientations
- A Sunday Best: Nyack's Own Brightnie Jones
- Browse Blog Archive>>