Jill Van Beek of AJS at Nyack Rockland
Jill Van Beek, (pictured above), director of operations for the Association for a More Just Society (AJS), based in Grand Rapids, MI will visit the Nyack College Rockland campus on Monday, October 1 from 4:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. Her presentation, “The Chat,” will take place in Shuman Hall (President’s Hall) located at 186 South Highland Ave. in Nyack, NY.
AJS is a Christian non-profit organization that has responded to the challenge of the scripture found in Micah 6:8—“to act justly.” The group funds and oversees a variety of projects in Honduras on behalf of the poor, including engaging issues such as land rights, labor rights, and youth empowerment. Their Gideon Centers are located in impoverished communities and offer legal aid and psychological counseling for a nominal fee.
They also are committed to helping North American Christians follow God's call to do justice by providing advocacy opportunities, prayer and study guides, and opportunities to financially support their outreach in Honduras.
For more information on AJS, visit http://www.ajs-us.org. Contact Nyack’s Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement at 845.675.4582 for information about this event.
- C&MA Church Planter Among Those Murdered in Guinea
- Get Nyack Warrior Gear Online Until September 30
- Alrick Brown's Award-winning Kinyarwanda Screening & Panel at Nyack NYC
- Dean Ron Walborn Interviewed on Unseminary.com
- RELEASE: October 20 Unearthing Magdala, An Ancient Judaism & Christian Origins Conference
- Report on AJCO-CSGE Panel: Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- 9/11 Thirteen Years Later
- Jewish and Christian Perspectives on Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- HEOP Continues at Nyack Rockland and Launches at Nyack NYC
- India Trip for Nyack School of Nursing Combines Study With Outreach
- "A Greener NYC" to Showcase a Nyack School of Music Performance at City Hall
- A Call to Prayer September 1-7 by C&MA President John Stumbo
- True Confessions or A Half Century-Old Mystery to be Unveiled at Homecoming 2014!
- On the Passing of Mrs. Dianna Sanders
- Nyack NYC Student Leadership Development Retreat
- Browse Blog Archive>>