Jill Van Beek of AJS at Nyack Rockland
Jill Van Beek, (pictured above), director of operations for the Association for a More Just Society (AJS), based in Grand Rapids, MI will visit the Nyack College Rockland campus on Monday, October 1 from 4:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. Her presentation, “The Chat,” will take place in Shuman Hall (President’s Hall) located at 186 South Highland Ave. in Nyack, NY.
AJS is a Christian non-profit organization that has responded to the challenge of the scripture found in Micah 6:8—“to act justly.” The group funds and oversees a variety of projects in Honduras on behalf of the poor, including engaging issues such as land rights, labor rights, and youth empowerment. Their Gideon Centers are located in impoverished communities and offer legal aid and psychological counseling for a nominal fee.
They also are committed to helping North American Christians follow God's call to do justice by providing advocacy opportunities, prayer and study guides, and opportunities to financially support their outreach in Honduras.
For more information on AJS, visit http://www.ajs-us.org. Contact Nyack’s Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement at 845.675.4582 for information about this event.
- The Jubilee Chorus Performs at The Bowery Mission
- TODAY: Second Chance to Audition for Spring 2015 Production of "The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon"
- NOV. 5-6: Dr. Kevin Danaher is Fall 2014 Nyack 's Scholars Symposium Plenary Speaker
- OCTOBER 30: CSGE Colloquium Series on Environmental Sustainability
- NY Times Hails Rear Admiral R. Timothy Ziemer (NC '65) as "The Malaria Fighter"
- RELEASE: Official Statement on Ebola Update - Week October 27
- Saturday, October 25--U of Pittsburgh Welcomes ATS Dean Ron Walborn for Bridge Forum: A Livestreamed Event!
- OCT 25: Dr. R. Steven Notley Featured Lecturer at Lanier Theological Library in Houston, TX
- NOV. 6 Forgive Us: Confessions of a Compromised Faith--Book and Panel Discussion
- Velocity! Debuts at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- Unearthing Magdala--Nyack College Conference for Interfaith Scholars
- RELEASE: Official Nyack Statement on Ebola
- October 17: Nyack's School of Social Work and Community Connections for Youth Release Report
- Steinway Piano Dedication With Steinway & Sons President Ron Losby and CD-60 Biographer James Barron
- Miovski and Mansfield Families Music Hall Dedicated at Nyack NYC Campus
- Browse Blog Archive>>