Jill Van Beek of AJS at Nyack Rockland
Jill Van Beek, (pictured above), director of operations for the Association for a More Just Society (AJS), based in Grand Rapids, MI will visit the Nyack College Rockland campus on Monday, October 1 from 4:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. Her presentation, “The Chat,” will take place in Shuman Hall (President’s Hall) located at 186 South Highland Ave. in Nyack, NY.
AJS is a Christian non-profit organization that has responded to the challenge of the scripture found in Micah 6:8—“to act justly.” The group funds and oversees a variety of projects in Honduras on behalf of the poor, including engaging issues such as land rights, labor rights, and youth empowerment. Their Gideon Centers are located in impoverished communities and offer legal aid and psychological counseling for a nominal fee.
They also are committed to helping North American Christians follow God's call to do justice by providing advocacy opportunities, prayer and study guides, and opportunities to financially support their outreach in Honduras.
For more information on AJS, visit http://www.ajs-us.org. Contact Nyack’s Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement at 845.675.4582 for information about this event.
- ATS Alumni Among 2017 Pastors' Prayer Summit Leaders
- Udo Middelmann Returns to Nyack College for Colloquium on Civic Engagement
- Nyack College Scholarships for Winners of Feb 4 MLK Oratory Contest
- Dr. Jacqueline Washington Contributes to Research Article in Nature Microbiology
- Celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Community Remembers NYC Music Student Curtis Crum III
- 13 of Nyack's Fall Athletes Recognized for Their Academic Excellence
- Nyack's School of Music Headlines Concert at David Geffen Hall, Lincoln Center
- Global Service-Learning Director Updates on Nyack/ATS Teams in Israel
- Global Service-Learning Trip in Cuba with Drs. Ron and Wanda Walborn
- Winterim: ATS in Israel with Dr. Bryan Widbin
- Globetrotting--the Nyack Way
- Soo-il Lee Recognized by Korean American Behavioral Health Association
- In Memoriam [Ring out, wild bells] by Lord Alfred Tennyson
- What You Can Discover at Nyack
- Steve Gardner (NC '87; ATS '94) Making Snowflakes
- Marcus Jugenheimer: A Major in God's Army
- The Gift of Mentoring at Nyack for Sneha Chrispal
- The Nyack Story: More Than Numbers by Provost David Turk
- Dr. Gerard Becker Co-authors Award Winning Paper
- Staff Highlight: Mr. Dan Bailey, Director of Admissions, Rockland Campus
- A Love Gift at Home for the Holidays
- West Side Story Off-Broadway...A Successful Eight-Show Run
- Nyack Rockland School of Music Winter Concert
- West Side Story Wows Audiences
- Browse Blog Archive>>