WANTED: String Players for November 7 Concert
This year the Combined String Orchestra of students from Nyack College and Sarah Lawrence College are looking for talented string players to perform with them in their upcoming fall concert scheduled for Wednesday, November 7 under the direction of violin virtuoso and Nyack adjunct professor, Sungrai Sohn.
New community players of all ages to are invited to join them. Rehearsals are held in the Music Education Building on Wednesday nights from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
The concert, “Romancing the Strings" will feature Tchaikovsky's “Serenade for Strings”, Elgar's “Serenade for Strings,” and Vivaldi's Concerto for Violin and Cello will be held in Pardington Hall on the Nyack College Rockland County campus, 45 South Boulevard in Nyack, NY.
For more information, please call Prof. Sungrai Sohn at (914) 843-6667, or Jennifer Scott, Nyack College School of Music, administrative assistant, at (845) 675-4688.
- University of Pittsburgh Welcomes ATS Dean Ron Walborn for Bridge Forum
- Velocity! Debuts at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- Unearthing Magdala--Nyack College Conference for Interfaith Scholars
- RELEASE: Official Nyack Statement on Ebola
- October 17: Nyack's School of Social Work and Community Connections for Youth Release Report
- Steinway Piano Dedication With Steinway & Sons President Ron Losby and CD-60 Biographer James Barron
- Miovski and Mansfield Families Music Hall Dedicated at Nyack NYC Campus
- Official Nyack College Statement Regarding Unknown Man on Campus September 23
- Anti-Human Trafficking Art Exhibit with Susan Clinthorne and Sally Thielen at Nyack Rockland
- "A Greener NYC" to Showcase a Nyack School of Music Performance at City Hall
- Nyack College Joins the Luis Palau Association CityServe Event in Manhattan
- C&MA Church Planter Among Those Murdered in Guinea
- Alrick Brown's Award-winning Kinyarwanda Screening & Panel at Nyack NYC
- Dean Ron Walborn Interviewed on Unseminary.com
- Report on AJCO-CSGE Panel: Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- Browse Blog Archive>>