Dr. John Stumbo: A Testimony of Faith and Healing
The Office of Spiritual Formation presents its fall 2012 Deeper Life Series at Nyack College Rockland with guest speaker Dr. John Stumbo on September 17 and 19 at 10:10 am in Bowman Gymnasium and September 17, 18 & 19 at 8:00 pm in Pardington Hall.
For the first 30 years of ministry, John Stumbo was a pastor in Alliance churches from Pennsylvania to Oregon that ranged in size from dozens to thousands. He also served as a vice president for The Christian and Missionary Alliance and is currently acting district superintendent for the Alliance Northwest District.
His life took a dramatic turn four years ago when he contracted a mysterious disease that destroyed his muscular system and nearly took his life. During his recovery, John has been an interim pastor and also earned his doctorate degree. He and his wife Joanna have completed their first book, An Honest Look at a Mysterious Journey, that tells the story of their recent experiences and the challenges to their faith along the way.
Don’t miss hearing his powerful testimony!
- Christmas Gift Gallery Benefits Global Service-Learning Mexico Trip
- American Cancer Society Rates Nyack a Top-Ranking NY Institution With Tobacco-Free Policies
- Grace Prescriptions: Seminars for Healthcare Professionals at Nyack NYC
- December School of Music Concerts in Manhattan and in Rockland
- Nyack College Welcomes 2016 Leadership Rockland Cohort for Multi-cultural Communities Day
- Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Conference Proceedings Published
- Chad Needs Your Votes! (Every Day Until November 30)
- School of Education Authors Release Books on Self-Regulation
- Chelsea Geyer ('12) Director of DC127, a Colloquium Guest Speaker
- ATS Alum and Author, Dimas Salaberrios, in Paris
- New Partnership With An Old Friend: Pastor Lesly Milord
- Nyack's Brittany Cruz Heads to Practice With Women's Olympic Pre-National Team
- Reading the New Testament as Second Temple Jewish Literature
- Author Deb Hirsch of Missio Alliance at Nyack/ATS
- Nyack Salutes Our Nation's Veterans
- 7th Scholars Symposium: In Search of the Meaning of Work
- A Nyack College First: Student Cyber Security Team
- A Showcase of Academic Excellence: Nyack's Scholars Symposium
- Fulbright Ambassador Brian Polkinghorn Visits Nyack College
- National Nursing Exam Scores on a Strong and Steady Rise
- Alumni of the Year Award Honorees Across the Decades
- Nyack on U.S. News & World Report 2016 Best Colleges Diversity List
- AWF President Visits Nyack/ATS Rockland
- MA in Mental Health Counseling Online Approved by NYS Education Department
- Peter Irvine, 2015 School of Business and Leadership Keynote Speaker
- Browse Blog Archive>>