Nyack NYC Bible Professor Passes Away After Subway Fall
The Nyack campus community mourns the passing of adjunct Bible professor Dr. Jhan Moskowitz, a founding member of the evangelistic outreach, Jews for Jesus. His fatal head injury was the result of a fall he suffered in a Manhattan subway on Tuesday, September 4.
Rev. Charles Hammond, associate dean of Student Life Nyack’s New York City site alerted the campus community to unite in prayer for Dr. Moskowitz. On Wednesday evening Hammond shared the news of the professor's passing, commenting, "The City campus is in mere shock! But, yes, he's with Yeshua!"
The testimony of Jhan Moskowitz's coming to faith in Jesus can be seen here.
A memorial service will be held at 11:00 a.m. on Friday, September 7 at Trinity Baptist Church, 250 East 61st Street in Manhattan.
Please remember the Moskowitz family in your prayers.
- Thursday, October 23--Velocity! Debuts at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- Unearthing Magdala--Nyack College Conference for Interfaith Scholars
- RELEASE: Official Nyack Statement on Ebola
- October 17: Nyack's School of Social Work and Community Connections for Youth Release Report
- Steinway Piano Dedication With Steinway & Sons President Ron Losby and CD-60 Biographer James Barron
- Miovski and Mansfield Families Music Hall Dedicated at Nyack NYC Campus
- Official Nyack College Statement Regarding Unknown Man on Campus September 23
- Anti-Human Trafficking Art Exhibit with Susan Clinthorne and Sally Thielen at Nyack Rockland
- "A Greener NYC" to Showcase a Nyack School of Music Performance at City Hall
- Nyack College Joins the Luis Palau Association CityServe Event in Manhattan
- C&MA Church Planter Among Those Murdered in Guinea
- Alrick Brown's Award-winning Kinyarwanda Screening & Panel at Nyack NYC
- Dean Ron Walborn Interviewed on Unseminary.com
- Report on AJCO-CSGE Panel: Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- 9/11 Thirteen Years Later
- Browse Blog Archive>>