Nyack NYC Bible Professor Passes Away After Subway Fall
The Nyack campus community mourns the passing of adjunct Bible professor Dr. Jhan Moskowitz, a founding member of the evangelistic outreach, Jews for Jesus. His fatal head injury was the result of a fall he suffered in a Manhattan subway on Tuesday, September 4.
Rev. Charles Hammond, associate dean of Student Life Nyack’s New York City site alerted the campus community to unite in prayer for Dr. Moskowitz. On Wednesday evening Hammond shared the news of the professor's passing, commenting, "The City campus is in mere shock! But, yes, he's with Yeshua!"
The testimony of Jhan Moskowitz's coming to faith in Jesus can be seen here.
A memorial service will be held at 11:00 a.m. on Friday, September 7 at Trinity Baptist Church, 250 East 61st Street in Manhattan.
Please remember the Moskowitz family in your prayers.
- SEPT. 18: Alrick Brown's Award-winning Kinyarwanda Screening & Panel at Nyack College
- 9/11 Thirteen Years Later
- Jewish and Christian Perspectives on Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- HEOP Continues at Nyack Rockland and Launches at Nyack NYC
- India Trip for Nyack School of Nursing Combines Study With Outreach
- "A Greener NYC" to Showcase a Nyack School of Music Performance at City Hall
- A Call to Prayer September 1-7 by C&MA President John Stumbo
- True Confessions or A Half Century-Old Mystery to be Unveiled at Homecoming 2014!
- On the Passing of Mrs. Dianna Sanders
- Nyack NYC Student Leadership Development Retreat
- 2014 Global Engagement Lecture Features Director of REALIS Christian Center in Kiev, Ukraine
- College of Arts and Sciences Convenes Its Faculty/Staff Retreat
- Nyack History Professor Receives Columbia U Libraries Research Award
- Coming Soon: Nyack NYC and Rockland Student Orientations
- A Sunday Best: Nyack's Own Brightnie Jones
- Browse Blog Archive>>