August 24: Nyack Hosts HEOP Conference
Save the date for Nyack College’s Higher Education Opportunity Program (HEOP) Academic Festival on Friday, August 24 from 9 am to 5 pm at Alliance Theological Seminary, 350 Highland Ave., Nyack, NY 10960 when educators will gather for this first time event on the Rockland County campus.
Workshops will include, “Virtual, Blended, Hybrid Learning: Does It Work?”; “The Counselor Exchange;” “Enhancing Critical Thinking Through Small Communities” and “Integrating Service-Learning to Promote Retention.”
Nyack College established HEOP in 1975. The program is administered by the Division of Student Success under the leadership of its director, Dr. Gwen Parker Ames. HEOP students are among the most actively involved young men and women who serve in leadership positions such as student government officers, class presidents, club presidents, resident assistants, and baccalaureate speakers. The importance of the program has resulted in students regularly attending Student Advocacy Day in Albany to meet with legislators who can preserve funding for the program.
For more information on this event, contact Nathaniel Perez, HEOP counselor at 845.675.4447or by email at email@example.com.
- Nyack's School of Nursing Dean, Dr. Elizabeth Simon Named a Fulbright Scholar
- Is Nyack For You? Are You for Nyack?
- Miriam Airoldi: Helping Others Find Dignity and Worth
- New Online! Master of Arts in Biblical Studies at ATS
- Into All the World!
- Social Work Degree Guide Names Nyack College to Its Top 25
- Nyack Clergy Association Hosts a Memorial Service for Charleston Nine
- Nyack's Moseley Field Turns Heliport for New York's Governor
- Nyack Softball Players Make CACC All-Academic Team
- Nyack College Students in National Masterworks Festival Chorus at Carnegie Hall
- New Major at Nyack: BA in Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Charles Galbreath, a 2015 C&MA Council Speaker
- Rock-o-Nomix Team: You Voted! They Won!
- New York City Fish Count
- 2015 Empower Ceremony
- Browse Blog Archive>>