August 24: Nyack Hosts HEOP Conference
Save the date for Nyack College’s Higher Education Opportunity Program (HEOP) Academic Festival on Friday, August 24 from 9 am to 5 pm at Alliance Theological Seminary, 350 Highland Ave., Nyack, NY 10960 when educators will gather for this first time event on the Rockland County campus.
Workshops will include, “Virtual, Blended, Hybrid Learning: Does It Work?”; “The Counselor Exchange;” “Enhancing Critical Thinking Through Small Communities” and “Integrating Service-Learning to Promote Retention.”
Nyack College established HEOP in 1975. The program is administered by the Division of Student Success under the leadership of its director, Dr. Gwen Parker Ames. HEOP students are among the most actively involved young men and women who serve in leadership positions such as student government officers, class presidents, club presidents, resident assistants, and baccalaureate speakers. The importance of the program has resulted in students regularly attending Student Advocacy Day in Albany to meet with legislators who can preserve funding for the program.
For more information on this event, contact Nathaniel Perez, HEOP counselor at 845.675.4447or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Nyack Critical Reads Colloquium Series Continues
- Passover Seder Celebrated at Nyack New York City
- Nyack Public Library Hosts Lecture by Nyack Dean
- In the Garden, a Flute Ensemble Recital
- Third Annual Student Research Conference at Nyack Rockland
- International Fellowship Day at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Amasi Trio Concert Rescheduled to April 23
- New York City Chorale Headlines Three Concerts
- NYACK'S SPRING PRODUCTION: J.B.
- Nyack College Rockland Chorale Performance of Mozart's Requiem
- Aramark Staff at Nyack Coordinates Global Volunteer Day
- Your Voice Counts: Approved NYS Budget FundsTAP Increases
- Dr. Lyndell O'Hara Presents on The King Years
- Nyack's "Amazing Race"
- RELEASE: HBO Documentary Features Nyack Alumnus Sean Pica
- Browse Blog Archive>>