Biology Professor Lectures at The Nyack Library
Dr. Peter Park, assistant professor of biology at Nyack College, will be featured in a lecture at The Nyack Library located at 59 South Broadway in downtown Nyack in the Community/Meeting Room on Saturday, July 14 at 12:30 p.m. An evolutionary ichthyologist, who studies ecological diversification of brain and behavior in Alaskan threespine stickleback fish, he will discuss “The Biodiversity of New York Fishes: What We Owe to the Hudson River.”
Dr. Park will introduce the diversity of fishes and highlight some of the major fishes of the Hudson River ecosystem. A sampling of the questions he will address include the following:
- Which fish species can be found in the Hudson River around Nyack?
- Why is the Hudson River so ecologically important?
- What are some epic fishing stories told by locals?
- What can we do to protect our fishes?
For more information on this event co-sponsored by Nyack College and The Nyack Library, please phone Dane Paciarello at 845.358.3370, ext. 244.
- Memorial Concerts Honoring Professor Emeritus Ralph Ellenberger (1934-2014)
- Leadership Rockland Multicultural Communities Day Kicks Off at Nyack College
- Chamberfest at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- Nyack Rockland Colloquium Series Features Dr. K. Kale Yu
- Fall Concerts at Nyack College
- NYACK NYC: Forgive Us...Confessions of a Compromised Faith--Book and Panel Discussion
- Fall 2014 Nyack's Scholars Symposium
- Nyack Students Up For The Challenge
- The Jubilee Chorus Performs at The Bowery Mission
- Auditions for Spring 2015 Production of "The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon"
- OCTOBER 30: CSGE Colloquium Series on Environmental Sustainability
- NY Times Hails Rear Admiral R. Timothy Ziemer (NC '65) as "The Malaria Fighter"
- RELEASE: Official Statement on Ebola Update - Week October 27
- Saturday, October 25--U of Pittsburgh Welcomes ATS Dean Ron Walborn for Bridge Forum: A Livestreamed Event!
- OCT 25: Dr. R. Steven Notley Featured Lecturer at Lanier Theological Library in Houston, TX
- Browse Blog Archive>>