Biology Professor Lectures at The Nyack Library
Dr. Peter Park, assistant professor of biology at Nyack College, will be featured in a lecture at The Nyack Library located at 59 South Broadway in downtown Nyack in the Community/Meeting Room on Saturday, July 14 at 12:30 p.m. An evolutionary ichthyologist, who studies ecological diversification of brain and behavior in Alaskan threespine stickleback fish, he will discuss “The Biodiversity of New York Fishes: What We Owe to the Hudson River.”
Dr. Park will introduce the diversity of fishes and highlight some of the major fishes of the Hudson River ecosystem. A sampling of the questions he will address include the following:
- Which fish species can be found in the Hudson River around Nyack?
- Why is the Hudson River so ecologically important?
- What are some epic fishing stories told by locals?
- What can we do to protect our fishes?
For more information on this event co-sponsored by Nyack College and The Nyack Library, please phone Dane Paciarello at 845.358.3370, ext. 244.
- Service With a Smile #NyackCityServe
- TOMORROW: Pianist Johnny Walsh In Concert on Nyack Rockland Campus
- APRIL 10: Nyack College Rockland Chorale Spring Concert
- Music Students Minister at Morristown's Market Street Mission
- Nyack College Student Research Conference Rockland Campus
- ATS Colloquium On State and Religion: The Case of Israel
- Live from New York...Nyack's School of Music at Avery Fisher Hall, Lincoln Center!
- Nyack Says Thank You to Community Sponsors
- Nyack...We're Here to Serve!
- Broken To Minister CD Launch Event at NYC Campus
- 15-City Promo Tour for Nyack NYC Campus Music Prof Damien Sneed
- Becker Professional Education Presentation
- FEBRUARY 23-24: Pianist Marcelo Liano in Concert at Nyack Rockland
- Colloquium Series Features Dr. Kale Yu on "Earth in Mind"
- Denise Lewis Patrick, Award-Winning Author and Nyack Adjunct, Presents Connected Souls
- Browse Blog Archive>>