Biology Professor Lectures at The Nyack Library
Dr. Peter Park, assistant professor of biology at Nyack College, will be featured in a lecture at The Nyack Library located at 59 South Broadway in downtown Nyack in the Community/Meeting Room on Saturday, July 14 at 12:30 p.m. An evolutionary ichthyologist, who studies ecological diversification of brain and behavior in Alaskan threespine stickleback fish, he will discuss “The Biodiversity of New York Fishes: What We Owe to the Hudson River.”
Dr. Park will introduce the diversity of fishes and highlight some of the major fishes of the Hudson River ecosystem. A sampling of the questions he will address include the following:
- Which fish species can be found in the Hudson River around Nyack?
- Why is the Hudson River so ecologically important?
- What are some epic fishing stories told by locals?
- What can we do to protect our fishes?
For more information on this event co-sponsored by Nyack College and The Nyack Library, please phone Dane Paciarello at 845.358.3370, ext. 244.
- RELEASE: Nyack's Fourth Year on the CHE "Great College to Work For" List
- Nyack's Welcome Mat for Hungary
- Nyack College Remembers the Late John Lawrence Seigenthaler
- Nyack College, A Partner Instructor School for Yale's Center for Scientific Teaching
- Nyack College Venue for County Legislature's Forum
- Nyack Nursing Professor and Student Publish in Journal of Nursing
- Alliance World Fellowship Committee Meets at Nyack/ATS Rockland
- Is Nyack Affordable?
- JUNE 13 & 14: Steinway & Sons Sponsor Hudson River Pianofest at Nyack College
- JUNE 11: Nyack's 2014 Golf Classic
- Nyack College Social Work Major Receives NPRDP Scholarship
- RELEASE: An Award-Winning 2013-2104 for Women Warriors
- Nyack's Dr. Steve Notley on Archaeological Survey in Israel
- Nyack Campus Community Remembers Ralph G. Ellenberger (1934-2014)
- Nyack's Newest Members of Beta Psi Chapter of Chi Alpha Epsilon
- Browse Blog Archive>>