Nyack NYC Professors Awarded Book Contract
Nyack College School of Education professors, Marie White (right) and Miriam Velez (left), were notified by Springer Publications that they have been offered a contract for the publication of their book, “Developing Self-regulation of Learning and Teaching Skills among Elementary School Teacher Candidates,” by Springer Publications. Four reviewers unanimously approved their book proposal which will become a part of the SpringerBriefs in Education series.
The two New York City campus professors collaborated with Dr. Hefer Bembenutty, an established scholar and a professor at Queens College (CUNY) and visiting scholar at the University of Michigan.
Says Prof. White, "Dr. Bembenutty is a colleague who has encouraged us to write this short book. "It is because of his support and establishment in the field that the publishers recognized our work. He and I have co-authored several papers and presented at the American Educational Research Association. He has met with our students, spoken to our classes, and been a believer in our program in New York City."
Professors White and Velez will be presenting their study at the fall 2012 Nyack Scholars Symposium, an annual event sponsored by Nyack's Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement on both the Rockland County and NYC campuses.
The campus community celebrates another impressive Nyack School of Education accomplishment.
- Tune In For a Special WNKY Segment With The Center for Human Development and Family Services
- American Red Cross Blood Drive at Nyack College
- Nyack College and Local Entrepreneurs to Compete for Over $22,000 in Prizes
- Academic Year 2017-2018 Applications Being Accepted for Student Leaders
- Student Spotlight: Jill Kim, AGSC Marriage and Family Therapy Major
- MARCH 2: An Authors' Talk Hosted by Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Program
- MARCH 3: Nyack Rockland Associate Dean Wanda Velez, a Hope Gathering Speaker
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, C&MA Metro District Women's Retreat Speaker
- WNYK Pays Tribute to Black History Month
- Feb 18: School of Music's Noel Wippler, a Featured Artist in Mid-Atlantic Jazz Festival
- FEB 18: Purpose Performs at Katonah Village Library
- Nyack Students Participate in NY Student Aid Alliance Event
- Recapturing the Art of Writing Love Letters
- Meet Dynamic NY Talent Trinity Rose on WNYK 88.7FM
- Accreditation Renewed for Nyack by the Association of Christian Schools International
- 2017 Alumni & Friends Phonathon Underway
- Yahoo! for Krysten Peek and Her 7-Continent Run
- Nyack Center Announces Winners of the Martin Luther King Oratory Contest
- Rev. Charles Galbreath--Nyack Chapel Speaker
- Deeper Life Series with Dr. Michael and Mrs. Lisa Plunket
- Udo Middelmann, Civic Engagement Speaker at Nyack Rockland and Nyack New York City
- ATS Alumni Among 2017 Pastors' Prayer Summit Leaders
- Dr. Jacqueline Washington Contributes to Research Article in Nature Microbiology
- Celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Community Remembers NYC Music Student Curtis Crum III
- Browse Blog Archive>>