Nyack NYC Professors Awarded Book Contract
Nyack College School of Education professors, Marie White (right) and Miriam Velez (left), were notified by Springer Publications that they have been offered a contract for the publication of their book, “Developing Self-regulation of Learning and Teaching Skills among Elementary School Teacher Candidates,” by Springer Publications. Four reviewers unanimously approved their book proposal which will become a part of the SpringerBriefs in Education series.
The two New York City campus professors collaborated with Dr. Hefer Bembenutty, an established scholar and a professor at Queens College (CUNY) and visiting scholar at the University of Michigan.
Says Prof. White, "Dr. Bembenutty is a colleague who has encouraged us to write this short book. "It is because of his support and establishment in the field that the publishers recognized our work. He and I have co-authored several papers and presented at the American Educational Research Association. He has met with our students, spoken to our classes, and been a believer in our program in New York City."
Professors White and Velez will be presenting their study at the fall 2012 Nyack Scholars Symposium, an annual event sponsored by Nyack's Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement on both the Rockland County and NYC campuses.
The campus community celebrates another impressive Nyack School of Education accomplishment.
- Honoring the Life of Dr. Thomas P. Bailey, Sr.
- Nyack College Among 67 Schools Participating in the Second Chance Program
- iSucceed at Nyack Is a School of Music Success
- Lauren Lebo Named 2016 Women's Lacrosse Coaches Association’s Division II Scholar-Athlete of the Year!
- Dr. Gabriel Salguero, Former Alliance Theological Seminary Professor Comforts Floridians
- Biola U Students Welcomed to Nyack's Battery Park/Wall Street Prayer Meeting
- Music Alumni Perform With Shining Lights Prison Ministry Tour
- Live at Carnegie Hall...Nyack College NYC Chorale!
- Nyack -- A Founding Partner of the Fair Chance Higher Education Pledge
- Daniela Guirola (NC '15) Gives Music Project Proceeds to Guatemalan Non-Profit
- Lynette Rhett, Nyack NYC Student Releases CD--Come Jesus Come
- Distance Ed Roster Grows at Nyack /ATS
- Sat., June 4: Top 10 Tips on the Great Fish Count from Dr. Peter Park
- Nyack NYC School of Music's "Purpose" Performs at Essex Alliance Church
- YouVersion Founder Bobby Gruenewald Calls Nyack/ATS Grads World Changers
- Nyack Student Government Recognizes Campus Leaders
- Commencement Guests Share Appreciation for Nyack's Mission
- Celebrating Commencement 2016
- Parents of Youth 7-18! Check Out Summer Sports Camps at Nyack
- Zahir Edwards (1996-2016)...President Scales Pays Tribute to a Nyack Warrior
- Nyack Represented at Education Financing Forum
- Nyack Students and Faculty Perform in Musikabend
- Meet Dr. Peter Park at the World Science Festival's Great Fish Count
- Nyack's 2016 Year-End Faculty/Staff Luncheon and Awards
- Nyack College 2016 Honorary Degree Recipient Featured in "The Village"
- Browse Blog Archive>>